THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:If my older brother is going to start a new thread, perhaps I need to post more...
"The only salvation for a writer is to write." Raymond Chandler

You and I both need a shot of salvation once in a while. So what if we get that "shot" on a pinball forum, it is also a part of who we find ourselves to be. And so what if it is a bit less academic than what we thought our arena would end up being, what the hell. I am planning to go to the end of the line with this regardless of qualifications. If I do change career orientation at this stage of my life, it will surely be out of some kind of madness that has finally taken hold of my being. Never know what's coming down the pipe do ya ?

My plan is to start a thread about that arena we work and play in, along with the inevitable routine that takes hold of what we do as operators out on the roads of our cities. But I also plan on breaking up that routine by being observant of the humans around us who play, work and fix within this next wave of the coin-op business. I see it taking hold of the streets once again.

Working title is "One more coin operated amusement equation". That title will likely change today 'cause I am still working out the kinks of this idea. Ofcourse, I expect more focus to come as I stir up the story and guidelines in my head when I am out on the road today, like almost every Saturday - that is the routine part of it. What happens out there when people touch my life and I affect theirs in some way or another, good or bad, this can never be qualified as routine, not one freaking bit. That is the part of life which I like best.

R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Here HERE. I decided that the Saturday morning change-up today would to be "domestic" for the 1st half of the day. Fed my son and 2 guests brunch while my wife and daughter headed out to "theatre duty". (This is as regular for them as pinball is for us.)
No performances for either of them today though, they are on front-of-house duty.

For me, Laundry, dog walking, dishes, Laundry, dog playing, followed by feeding the boys a late lunch. (Now my son plus 3 others.) and finally off to work now to pack a truck of AV gear for tomorrow's events in Niagara Falls area.

(Reading some tech posts on whatsapp for Bluffs Pinball where Sparky is letting one of our newer members know how to order connectors to fix his Cheetah.) Quick look at the Canadian pinball sites + answer a pinside message.

Not sure I will get to play or fix any pinball machines this weekend at all now due to work and viewing the world slightly differently for today...
Looks like Monday will need to be a heavy full day of fixing and paying attention to pinball related things such as a coin op location, and Bluffs league location repairs me thinks...

If possible, will try to visit Jim Wilks hosting of TOPL Monday evening if the stars align... we shall see...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Saturday November 16th – a trial run at an idea. Now for something completely different, wacka wacka daddy O.

A 12 hour day on the road that felt like being home.

Have tool box will travel, - indeed. Always keep an eye on your tool box.

Then I see and live and laugh and fix and smile and come home accomplished, simple as that. No one to answer to but myself, the heaviest critic of them all.

Joanna didn't feel well this morning, so I was on my own going up the Main until I made it to North Star where Lucien and Jordan joined the line up check around 9 AM. And yes, I do have confidence in the crew of freaks I spend my Saturdays with, glad to know them.

Here is a summary of the day in pictures with the occasional caption to edify the experience, much easier than writing the whole thing down right now. It is always better for me to write, or at least edit in the morning light. Tonight I may consume a few posts on this here thread in order to get the pictures I want up and I may also consume some refreshing and sharp tasting cider while doing this.
Up the Main to the Plateau. Sherbrooke and St.Laurent and Sunny
Up the Main to the Plateau. Sherbrooke and St.Laurent and Sunny
The Pinball Log book. The best tool in the house.
The Pinball Log book. The best tool in the house.
It was time for Metallica to go on the road.......
It was time for Metallica to go on the road.......
.....and for the Adams Family to move in.
.....and for the Adams Family to move in.
A bill jam at 1AM last night had to be dealt with this morning since this is also a hard working machine at North Star.
A bill jam at 1AM last night had to be dealt with this morning since this is also a hard working machine at North Star.
A ten dollar bill that thought it was an accordion was stuck in the sensor section (not the billbox) This was a culprit I had never seen before.
A ten dollar bill that thought it was an accordion was stuck in the sensor section (not the billbox) This was a culprit I had never seen before.
By noon we had the herd behaving well at North Star, so it was time to move on to the shop and our other locations. Pack the tool box once again.
By noon we had the herd behaving well at North Star, so it was time to move on to the shop and our other locations. Pack the tool box once again.
OXO being prepped in JamesSchid shop. One of the three EMs being readied for a line up shuffle on November 30th at North Star.
OXO being prepped in JamesSchid shop. One of the three EMs being readied for a line up shuffle on November 30th at North Star.
Not a square job at all.....
Not a square job at all.....
.....just pure electro-mechanical joy & wonder. I do prefer to see things happening with my senses.
.....just pure electro-mechanical joy & wonder. I do prefer to see things happening with my senses.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Saturday went on and so did I.
Tools on a couch and winter tires in a pile. Have tools will travel.
Tools on a couch and winter tires in a pile. Have tools will travel.
One look at that lady on The Wiggler and you are sure to drain, so run away, run away !!
One look at that lady on The Wiggler and you are sure to drain, so run away, run away !!
Back on the holy road under grey skies.
Back on the holy road under grey skies.
Feeling Lucky at Lucky Ho's
Feeling Lucky at Lucky Ho's
Tiger Pool anyone ?
Tiger Pool anyone ?
Part of the herd at Lucky Ho's needed some attention. Done like dinner.
Part of the herd at Lucky Ho's needed some attention. Done like dinner.
The truth ? First tell me where I am, let's start with that as a basis in reality.
The truth ? First tell me where I am, let's start with that as a basis in reality.
Iggy and Hank, what about the ladies ?
Iggy and Hank, what about the ladies ?
"I do believe the cocktail hour is upon us." - William Burroughs
"I do believe the cocktail hour is upon us." - William Burroughs
Corner of St.Laurent and McGuire is the corner for Ho.
Corner of St.Laurent and McGuire is the corner for Ho.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

The day was beginning to wind down, one more location to tend to on the Main while Jordan and Lucien finished an install at a micro brewery in Montreal East.
The snowy streets came early this year.
The snowy streets came early this year.
No bullshit - this is an early start to winter.
No bullshit - this is an early start to winter.
This here is a sports bar to get wild in.....
This here is a sports bar to get wild in.....
20191116_162923.jpg
20191116_162915.jpg
20191116_162928.jpg
....so let's dance !!
....so let's dance !!
Tending to the details on the Bally ball bowler. Good thing the 3 inch composite balls are under glass in this place.
Tending to the details on the Bally ball bowler. Good thing the 3 inch composite balls are under glass in this place.
A carbon steel ball being lazy on the way to the flippers, we all need a little encouragement from time to time.
A carbon steel ball being lazy on the way to the flippers, we all need a little encouragement from time to time.
Time to head down the Main one more time, to North Star this time where everything started that day.
Time to head down the Main one more time, to North Star this time where everything started that day.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Had some cider and talked to the patrons. Jordan and Hugo were at the bar talking away and observing the Adams Family being played, Jordan was looking for bugs. He suddenly became very focused on how the back box had too many purple leds, so he waited patiently until the game being played ended to jump in and get some of these out and replaced with pure incandescents. The use of leds needs to be tempered, some people get it, some people don't. A little cocaine is nice, too much is a mess and makes things look depraved, ugly and way over the top.

Joanna's text came in just as I arrived at North Star, and this also made sense. Her youthful appreciation of the work we do, and of the road we travel on every saturday helps to shed light for me as to how the younger gens see things which I tend to understand differently - like debit cards and how you can pay for your coffee with an overpriced phone made in China. Seems like the absurd has become practical and normal routine somehow. Salvador Dali would have a field day if he spent one Saturday on the Main with us.

"Hey! How was it? I'm really pissed that I couldn't go, i was excited to go today ! Feeling a bit better now but it really sucks to be sick, How were the oysters ?

Glad for the refuge that the North Star and other off the beaten track establishments provide. Personally I am not big on those formula brass and glass bars of Montreal, too many of them to even begin to satisfy the weirdos of this world, of which I believe myself to be one. Also glad for the refuge of home later that evening, made it there around 7 PM, so 12 good hours in this work day. Had some oysters and lime juice when I got home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzWW0cc3fE

"The Routine of the Road and the Refuge of the Riverflow" may be a good title for a new thread. We'll see.
Feeling Funky Mr. Brewer.....
Feeling Funky Mr. Brewer.....
Doing well so far
Doing well so far
....let's get funky then.
....let's get funky then.
The right place to be.
The right place to be.
The first Christmas lights came early as well, time to get home I reckon.
The first Christmas lights came early as well, time to get home I reckon.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 am, edited 15 times in total.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Old dogs do learn new tricks.
I am alone in a warehouse packing gear.

Apparently I should take photo's and post and share.
If you can do it my brother, I should be able to as well.

In due course.
If I feel the need.

More soon. All the best.
Cheers. Salut. Keep flippin.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

And damn...
Nice pics and updates...

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

It should be a helluva new thread...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:Old dogs do learn new tricks.
I am alone in a warehouse packing gear.

Apparently I should take photo's and post and share.
If you can do it my brother, I should be able to as well.

In due course.
If I feel the need.

More soon. All the best.
Cheers. Salut. Keep flippin.
Photos are easy, and writing is a painful and laborious endeavor as you well know my friend. Personally, I am leaning towards keeping on the laborious side of life as I see you are doing as well.

See you in Montreal soon for another shot at the amazement and the future of this gig - whatever it happens to serve up.

Hugs,

Rob

P.S. Morning edits complete.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

"Routine on the Road - Refuge by the Riverflow"

This is what I finally came up with yesterday after massaging the kinks out of an idea for a new writing thread project to limber up my mind and disposition in order to write other stuff elsewhere. So many things happen in a day, sometimes they are the same for the sake of productivity and sometimes they waver for the sake of creativity.

Hence I found scribbled notes on a napkin in my coat pocket this morning, Joanna said I should try not to blow my nose in that napkin until the words are transferred elsewhere, so here we go.

Oysters and Ativan
The pace is addictive
Make a sandwich correction
out of my mind with details

Here is the resulting paragraph from the above notes being sown and summarized into a single moment in time yesterday.

The week following the oysters and ativan offering was simply overwhelming. I was almost out of my mind with details and the pace was so addictive that I couldn't help to keep plowing ahead regardless of possibly dropping the ball along the way, or at worse losing my own marbles on someone's doorstep. The occurrences and announcements were 90 % positive and persisted in coming on while adding more grout to the existing work load which was ample to begin with, so I made a sandwich correction and got back on the road. A sweet sounding proposition of sauerkraut and strong mustard were added to the equation.

Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Sparky wrote:The pace is slowing down soon. Other than a trip to Quebec City tomorrow for a few days, and a quick trip to Toronto the week after, I advised my boss that I am closing my 2019 work travel calendar.

It will be a welcome change to get things realigned pin-wise at home. My pin-chi is out of whack.
Sounds good Ian, happy for you about the pace slowing down. Got to watch ourselves at our age and in these times.

I should be taking it down a notch as well after December 8th, that is the plan anyway, too much going on this week and next.

Went to Amusement 2000 Plus yesterday with my 15 year-old, they are closing next weekend, so I thought it would be best to do our final visit yesterday.

I played there when I was 17, and to see my son playing pinball in the same arcade for the last time yesterday and enjoying it out of all the flashy simulators, drivers and skill games that would usually attract him, it gave me a fizz. Guess he knows why we were there yesterday.
Is that you or me kiddo ?
Is that you or me kiddo ?
This is the exact spot, near the back door exit where my buddy Mike and I would play Golden Arrow for specials about 38 years ago, yikes !
This is the exact spot, near the back door exit where my buddy Mike and I would play Golden Arrow for specials about 38 years ago, yikes !
The indoor sign will likely move to Laval as well.
The indoor sign will likely move to Laval as well.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Hitting the road this morning in hopes of a banner day. May not make it home for a while so I thought i would check the weather, looks good.

Traded my wednesday for a thursday this week at work, and the big bossman is back at work today. Looking forward to hearing him talk about stuff he has lived and looking forward to working in this new wave of the amusement business in Quebec. Things have changed again recently, time to get out there again and surf the wave.

https://www.racj.gouv.qc.ca/communicati ... e8e6dc0ee9

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Hitting the road this morning in hopes of a banner day. May not make it home for a while so I thought i would check the weather, looks good.

Traded my wednesday for a thursday this week at work, and the big bossman is back at work today. Looking forward to hearing him talk about stuff he has lived and looking forward to working in this new wave of the amusement business in Quebec. Things have changed again recently, time to get out there again and surf the wave.

https://www.racj.gouv.qc.ca/communicati ... e8e6dc0ee9

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

The pace is fast and furious. slowly weaned off all pain meds in the last 11 months. Down to just vitamins...
There is never enough time for oysters, so I need to make some time for some; plus a few bevies + whelks are in order...

Glad the pace is slowing down for Sparky and RAB. Mine won't slow until Dec.20th or thereabout. So, a quick quiet trip to Montreal due now.
Will travel to and from TO to MTL and back on some business and some pleasure. Then back to the details and the addictive pace only adrenaline can provide...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:The pace is fast and furious....... So, a quick quiet trip to Montreal due now. Will travel to and from TO to MTL and back on some business and some pleasure. Then back to the details and the addictive pace only adrenaline can provide...
Ye Gods, what can I say to add to the above while reflecting upon the events that took place during this past week? It was exceptional, and I think that the characteristic of unordinary may well become routine if this keeps up for much longer, thus pushing out the next in a series of posts under a new thread title -

ROUTINE ON THE ROAD – REFUGE BY THE RIVERSIDE
(technically on route in making my way home)

There was the Warlock's flash visit to Montreal mid week and him bringing fortunes from the west, my boss getting out of jail, a three machine install/rotation at North Star and finally my home service clients' patience being stretched to new limits. So much more has actually taken place and I felt the results of everything we accomplished this week came together on free play Sunday at North Star tonight with just an exhilarating look on a young pinball player's face tonight.

Here goes the story of yesterday at least.
20191130_091755.jpg
20191130_120324.jpg
20191130_120331.jpg
20191130_153600.jpg
20191130_164126.jpg
The result last night from the weeks of planning
The result last night from the weeks of planning
20191123_095751.jpg
Some of the preperation for the EM line up swap @ North Star
Some of the preperation for the EM line up swap @ North Star
I think the future is now and ready to happen.
I think the future is now and ready to happen.
Et en Français pour Zoltar -

https://www.silo57.ca/2019/11/29/ce-bar ... ou-presque

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Post by semicolin »

Jail?

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

semicolin wrote:Jail?
Quoted from viewtopic.php?t=15227#p129193
>> Gerald O'Reilly was convicted yesterday and faces up to 14 years in prison.
>> 21 Million $ in contraband smokes between 2006 - 2008.

He was sentenced 5 years and went to prison at 84 years old.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... -to-prison
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

cap wrote:
semicolin wrote:Jail?
Quoted from viewtopic.php?t=15227#p129193
>> Gerald O'Reilly was convicted yesterday and faces up to 14 years in prison.
>> 21 Million $ in contraband smokes between 2006 - 2008.

He was sentenced 5 years and went to prison at 84 years old.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... -to-prison
Served just over 1 year for making millions on the side through illegal actions and don't forget the undeclared income... And he still owns his business.. Not bad. Who says you can't buy "justice"..

:roll:

It's guys like him that gave the amusement business such a bad rep.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Some CEO's should do time as well, but they don't. :lol: In a capatistic society and in business, the only crime is getting caught.

Hey, wait a minute, I thought I wrote a pretty good post up there, with pictures of pinballs on location and all, how did we get caught up on one short phrase instead of all the other good stuff happening. :lol:
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Who made that cool Pinball Replay banner?
How many younger techs you apprentice with?
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

cait001 wrote:Who made that cool Pinball Replay banner?
How many younger techs you apprentice with?

That banner displays a quote from the Japanese authour Haruki Murakami from one of the surrealist novels in a trilogy he wrote. We had different banners made when we opened the bar in 2016, some are utilitarian and some just plain cool.

Right now we have two apprentices at North Star every week, Lucien and Joanna. Just trying to make sure to pass on what I have learned so far.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Key words in a post are still the "catch".
Jail is one of those words perhaps.
"Free" isn't currently though.
One day soon maybe...

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Thank you Warlock and everyone else who posts in this thread, it makes for an interesting record as the years go by.

Just as "Tales of Pinball Adventures" - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10989&hilit=tales+o ... adventures
&
RAB's mostly Philosophical repair thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14426
&
What did you do in the hobby today - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2511&hilit=did+you+do+today

along with many more shorter threads that have ran strong on an idea, place or event, they are worth revisiting. Or just use the search box or advanced search to dig up something you remember. Some other threads are pretty short and funny and smart and totally dumb as well, the whole MAACA tamale in a way. They all remain records of sorts, places to revisit occasionally if you want to get a perspective on the process we are all living as the world changes and as we get older and crankier. Hopefully you will see an evolution in yourself and others, or maybe none at all, anyways, at worst it brings back some candy like memories and often much more to chew on. ;)

All this to say that I am making a conscious effort to post in the next thread idea I have come up with - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25875

As Scott and I discussed last week, good writing takes an awful lot of editing and work, even then I feel that I only come close to good writing one time out of ten posts. I am however my toughest critic, and that is OK. So I know that I have to put my energy & efforts somewhere else than the Daily News for now to bring up my post writing "batting" average. The new thread I want to share is big in my mind and soul and I realized that in a deep way last Saturday working on the road and at North Star for 12 hours plus. I saw and felt so much and writing that down is complicated, it was overwhelming. Yet I want to commit to getting this shit down for as long as I can stand it and by the same token share some of it in hopes that it will spark some of you to get "out there" and express yourselves more if you can, and more importantly, make a difference in a world that seems bent on conformity paving the way to obscene profit as some kind of end all, and I guess it is, - the end of the human spirit and imagination.

I hope you folks are going to keep posting in the Daily News as a start to exploring the world of expression via writing about whatever you deem important/fun/smart/silly/informative to share. This is an epic thread with so many possibilities, so treat it as a local community newspaper if you remember what those were meant to do. The difference with a thread like this as opposed to a real local rag is that the readers are geographically often distant from one another, and that changes the concept of "local", or at least its' definition. On the flipside, I think it helps to promote and allow a wider variety of concepts and perspectives flowing, and this will demand responsibility on your part. So keep judgement to a minimum and replace it with curiosity as often as you can. Because we age one inevitably gets more and more set in our ways and we need to work much more at staying interested in living with new ideas, pains and worries. Stay light and young and silly and funny at best when you get in trouble here or elsewhere.

Later,

R.A.B.

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Hope today is better for ya Ian!

:)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.