THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by R.A.B. »

English will follow.

Aussi bien de l'annoncer ici't puisque je recoit pas mal de demandes pour des pieces via les memebres de MAACA aussi, merci !!

Alouette est fermer j'usqua au moins le 22 Fev. - re: cas de covid a l'interne, tous le monde est correcte en ce moment. Nous avons etait fermer au publique depuis Noel, alors ca vien pas du comptoir ou du showroom.

Vous pouvez me rejoindre pareil ici, ou info(at)montrealpinball.com et bien sur via telephone ou texte (5)3305555

May as well post it in the daily news since I get alot of requests for parts from MAACA members, thanks for that !

Alouette is closed until at least the 22 of Feb, covid case at the staff level. Everyone is doing fine so far. Haven't had any walk in clients since before Christmas, so not from the counter or showroom.

You can still reach me here or via Montreal Pinball - contact email and phone # on website.

Rab
Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Comic book section without drawings. (True story, ask MrHide, he was there when I was talking to the client on the blower)

This lady calls me for a service call at work. She was referred to me by another industry guy who had said that he was sending me a client that was out of his territory and that I now owed him 20 bucks. LoL.

The first thing I ask the potential client is for the name of the machine, and even though she has had it for over 30 years she has to go downstairs to find it. She finally says that the name of the machine is North Lake. She must have been looking at the apron, so ok. (That's the burb in Illinois where the Gottlieb factory was for a good long time). I then decide to make her look to the backbox explaining in French that this is where the player's points are shown. Do the numbers turn when you start a game or light up like your alarm clock when you turn the machine on ?" By the way, both early solid state and late electromechanical games have "digital" scoring, so I stay away from that term in order to make a clear distinction between the two technologies. Hell, clarity is the path to inner peace.

She said that the numbers turn when the bells ring. OK, that's good. Now that I have her attention on the backbox I ask her to look at the colourful drawing on the glass and again ask her to tell me what the machine is called. I assure her that the name is there, usually written in a stylish font. She answers, "Gottlieb" - OK, damn we know that, so I start to give up and ask her what the drawing on the backglass depicts and hope to get lucky from memory. What are the people in the colourful glass doing ? She said that they are playing pool.

Out of some stupid instinct I ask if one of the guys playing pool is wearing yellow pants. She exclaims "OUI!!"

20201121_100153.jpg
20201121_100206.jpg

Needless to say I gladly took on grinning Bob & his yellow square pants.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:51 am, edited 11 times in total.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

@R.A.B
lui y connait ca.jpg
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

English will follow

LES PORTES SONT MAINTENANT OUVERTES CHEZ ALOUETTE

Je suis de retour a mon poste ce matin au dept. des piêces et assez occuper avec les commandes et les questions des deux dernières semaines. Pas grave, deja vecu ca plusiuers fois mais je vous demande un peu de patience j'usqua que je me ratrappe cette semaine dans ce qui c'est accumuler en manquant les deux derniers semaines d’ouvrage a cause du covid.

THE DOORS ARE NOW OPEN AT ALOUETTE

Back at my post this morning and overwhelmed with orders and requests from the past two weeks. I have been there before, but I will ask for some patience on the part of the good MAACA members here who have orders and questions pending with me. I should be up to speed by friday from missing the last two weeks of work because of covid.

Merci/Thanks

Robert (Rab)

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Bon retour! :)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

mrmikeman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:21 am Bon retour! :)
Merci Michel. :)

Catching up with the pending orders and will be back up to speed by end of day I am sure. Covid sucks, and I relaize how lucky I have been, especially after hearing about Danny. God dam bug, no sense to it at all, some get a cold, some die.

Ordering at Marco and PBR by Friday if anyone needs a part or two.

Please provide part number and qty and price from the supplier, makes it eaiser and faster for me to get the info onto my purchase orders.

Robert (Rab)

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

So,......all is not well.

https://twitter.com/drmwarner/status/13 ... 21/photo/1

And we can not pray (or maybe we can for the hell of it) to have this context to go away, nor can we totally "aahomm" it under the meditation pillow. Plus, there is no real hiding within the beauty of the moment now is there ? Mostly because this moment is and remains just plain bad. Oh yeah, and mindfulness & acceptance just won't do it either, especially for those of us who believe that we can still have say in the future which lies beyond this virus.

So I made the decision last night to maintain a lower level of wellness in order to remain "in tune" with this nasty context of late. You may ask, "Why would one do that if one is more or less content and settled into their own place of refuge away from the viral storms of the wider world ?" Because remaining in tune with what touches my being and those I care about is more important to me than floating above it all like some spiritual dingbat.

Screenshot_20210330-165549.jpg

I do not live in the safety of the refuge all of the time, nor can I, very few people do. My decision to lower the bar sort of speak came after talking with a few friends during the past week or so who are having a tough time, mostly because of the pandemic and the nasty array of consequences spewing from it. As for the consequences that the future holds and which will eventually come down the pipe, we have various opinions as to the impact or meaning they will have on what is left of us. It will necessitate a good dose of courage to overcome this period in history, and many are so beaten down in the courage dept. right now that anger, frustration and revolt will likely become the tools of choice.

I figured that since this unhealthy context surrounding our lives can not be written off and/or ignored, the variant levels of our personal well being are just much more subject to the overall context rather than to what individual refuge we decide to embrace and maintain. In other words, trying to create a private heaven is now much more difficult to uphold, especially for the common folks, their "heaven" is not well supported in this nasty context, not for them it isn't. When the context is well, it is easier for most of us to be well, when the context is not good, it is more difficult to be well within it. At best it will demand much more effort and many shielding resources to maintain personal well being when things are not going well around you. Only those who can be disconnected or ignorant of other people's suffering can a private heaven be maintained by sheer turning you head the other way to how painful things have gotten for so many. This is not about blaming anyone for this virus, it is now about calling those who don't care about despair accountable for their often voluntary ignorance. And it should also be about exposing those who are not taking the difficult steps to get to a better context for a larger majority of our populations which good government is suppose to represent. Yeah, right !

And I am tired of hearing about a type of refuge some of the beaten down have found and resigned themselves to via the yoga/yogurt/prayer and/or that meditation fix in order to get the monkeys out of their brains (which is OK), but then claiming mindfulness and acceptance. I have been mostly dealing with some of my lady friends who are gradually turning into philosophical zombies out of deep fears, anxieties and painful uncertainty about the future instead of just taking action. Yes, they are all beaten down to some extent and tired and overworked like never before, paralyzed if you like and put in charge of keeping things together by the man etc. However, the common misuse of the terms, (mindfulness & acceptance) are being held up as the answers to the great woes and difficulties that most all of us are confronted with now. These terms are losing their deeper meaning as we hold them up as a solution to our very real problems that simply demand responsible action. But then again, as someone once said, "whatever gets you through the night."

Still, some of us don't find acceptance to be a solution for everything that just plainly freakin' stinks, it (acceptance) may be necessary for the deeper things like death and sickness and crazy love or even hate, but it is not a cure, nor is it the answer to deep injustices towards others, violence and especially lies that are fashioned to quell what really needs to be done.

As for those who have a handle on their lives, don't let go of it no matter what is offered to you in exchange. Be as compassionate and responsible as you can manage and don't hurt anyone out of anger. We are at our dumbest when angry. Not a lot of people have a handle sort of speak on their freedom these days, lives have become overly complicated because of the pandemic and what it has taken from us, but also because of the piling on of the tasks that were usually done by the businesses & employees you dealt with. Now new jobs, (i.e. the rehiring taking place to replace those that have fallen sort of speak) are called co-vid jobs and are available preferably to the down and trotted and often the young & incompetent, by no real fault of theirs. Big business and greed heads have naturally taken advantage of social distancing fallout and using convenience and health measures as an excuse for many new ways of maintaining revenue and sometimes increasing it by cutting back. Good for them you say, well the cost of living and the inflation that is looming will take away the fucked notion of a living wage for many more than who were struggling just before the pandemic hit on the ides of March 2020.

But thank god that there is the convenience of buying all the things you think you really need on line in order to survive during a lockdown as you wait for the virus to pass, (it may not), but hell let's make sure we keep costs down, retail space is not cheap you know. But in reality, we really don't need anything at all, very little in fact to be well except a peaceful and healthy context for people who understand that they do not stand alone and that they inevitably live in connection with an environment that sustains us for now and that we do make choices every fucking day that affect the system we have learned to endure as normal. Consumerism inhabiting a capitalistic society eventually runs amok on the seemingly limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.

Deconstruction is too advanced a concept for most human dumb dumbs who like to say "it is what it is, what can I do." And our bullshit consumerism is well seated and is keeping this man made system moving along, while the women weep and meditate and stick their legs behind their necks in hopes to show us the way to a new and better future and pray to a god who has left the scene long ago in hopes that men will come to their senses and stop walking their cocks in defiance of each other with their vile enlarged egos gone astray. How will we ever claim any of what we knew as close to a good normal if we can ever find a way out of this big bag of shit we have gradually been coaxed to slip into.

Forgive me once more, I have been in touch with too many friends who have given up, or are simply getting ready to do so. They are starting to give up on what they have been previously. Some will face up to the changes looming, some will become docile and calm and railroaded. In fact, I shouldn't guess at their outcome, I don't know who they will be as they come out the other end of this thing. Thus, I have decided to face the fucking music. Many have given up already by ignoring what this is period in history is really about, some know what time it is, some don't. We have been here before in many ways and many times.

I am all done writing for tonight on this good Friday, may have to do a morning edit due to the wine easing the thoughts out of my being so please don't bother to respond at this time, unless it is life affirming. I ain't looking for anything anymore, maybe just what is life affirming and if you have anything to say other than that you can.......well, just go and help yourselves to the buffet of lies & the mounds of blame that lie ahead of us if, and when we ever quashed this bug. Either way, it will be messy and a time of great change, many will not be able to accept it.

Robert (rab)

Easter Monday mourning edit complete.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Just in case you haven't heard, Pinside offline this weekend due to fire. https://youtu.be/yKTa31NAnm0

frosken
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by frosken »

World_of_Warships wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:11 pm Just in case you haven't heard, Pinside offline this weekend due to fire. https://youtu.be/yKTa31NAnm0
Those are never fun...

I tried to find additional info, but no luck. I am very interested on this incident as this is my field of work (DC's). There was a huge one (DC fire) in France about a month ago, which was devastating and they're still not back 100%. I guess we will need to scrounge around MAACA a bit more for the next few days...
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby... :shock:

Current working Pinball Machines:

1. Bally Black Jack SS
2. Capcom Flipper Football (#2)
3. Stern Rush Pro

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

frosken wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:03 am
World_of_Warships wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:11 pm Just in case you haven't heard, Pinside offline this weekend due to fire. https://youtu.be/yKTa31NAnm0
Those are never fun...

I tried to find additional info, but no luck. I am very interested on this incident as this is my field of work (DC's). There was a huge one (DC fire) in France about a month ago, which was devastating and they're still not back 100%. I guess we will need to scrounge around MAACA a bit more for the next few days...
Pinside still on the fry..! Someone should contact Robin to see what's up, but huge site with lots of different modules - must be a handful to have everything back up and running.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

Some bit of news on the Pinside landing page, including the fact they ordered a new replacement server..

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

Also if you check the FB page of the hosting service they state that the servers that are still out will likely be out for several weeks.

Hopefully the replacement server will be adequate in the meantime!
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

frosken
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by frosken »

mrmikeman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:26 pm Also if you check the FB page of the hosting service they state that the servers that are still out will likely be out for several weeks.

Hopefully the replacement server will be adequate in the meantime!
And I am fairly confident I know where they are hosted...and what happened...

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/n ... r-in-utah/

Now as "tragic" as the OVH fiasco from last month (Any Rust players here would know what i'm talking about :lol: )

...it sux
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby... :shock:

Current working Pinball Machines:

1. Bally Black Jack SS
2. Capcom Flipper Football (#2)
3. Stern Rush Pro

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

The funny thing is the service level agreement states that for every 15 mins of outage they compensate with 1 day of hosting. So every 24 hours is essentially 3 month of free server hosting. We're on day 4 (already 1 free year tallied) and they are stating many weeks still to go. Pinside may get hosted free for quite a few years!
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

mrmikeman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm The funny thing is the service level agreement states that for every 15 mins of outage they compensate with 1 day of hosting. So every 24 hours is essentially 3 month of free server hosting. We're on day 4 (already 1 free year tallied) and they are stating many weeks still to go. Pinside may get hosted free for quite a few years!
There's always some fine script at the bottom.. ;)
Plus, just can't imagine how many games Dan won't get to sell now that Pinside is sidelined!

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

World_of_Warships wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 pm
mrmikeman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm The funny thing is the service level agreement states that for every 15 mins of outage they compensate with 1 day of hosting. So every 24 hours is essentially 3 month of free server hosting. We're on day 4 (already 1 free year tallied) and they are stating many weeks still to go. Pinside may get hosted free for quite a few years!
There's always some fine script at the bottom.. ;)
Well if there wasn't before there will be now!

I'm sure there's a limit.
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

We also have a Bieber and some Mounties!!
justin-bieber-juno-awards.jpg

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Sparky wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:54 pm ... and a working server.
I'm not sure it can support the load :lol:

Pretty sure it can't actually :roll:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

News flash - Pinside back and running.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

boooooooooo
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

cait001 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:49 pmboooooooooo
lol, with more than 3000 posts on Pinside, I think you still like that forum - granted, not as much as MAACA of course! 8-)

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Sparky wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:44 amBut... they put him on an experimental treatment (with nothing to lose at that point), and the great news is that his lungs and brain are cancer-free! He is waiting for results for his bladder and kidney (where the cancer originated from) but so far, they say it has gone down severely.
So... mom is now happy, not moving in as of now, and we all can breathe a bit now. And, no gameroom shrinking for now. But that is a minor detail. Just happy to see my stepdad feel better.
holy shit that is great to hear. Fingers crossed he has a few more years left yet!!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

CoronaBored
MAACA New Contributor

Post by CoronaBored »

20210414_180920.jpg
Getting to like this

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

CoronaBored wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm 20210414_180920.jpg

Getting to like this
I really dunno how I feel about those new virtual games..

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Ugh! I wanna join the tournament but I don't think I can legally cross the border yet!?! :cry:

Ha! But I'll keep the poster! 8-)
-
20210416_204623b.jpg
20210416_204526c.jpg