THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Talk about anything that you would like.
World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: THE MAACA DAILY NEWS! Your daily read about YOU,the members!

Post by World_of_Warships »

Know what? We did our very first pinball tournament today, Yippee! My gf liked TMNT and Stranger Things wayyy too much! We had never played any of those pins, so quite a treat!

A very odd year for obvious reasons, but the hobby has been there for us! :P

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by cait001 »

huzzah!
WANTED: Jezzard Mini Cascade, 21 by Duval / Klix by Groetchen etc, Steeple Chase (Kaye, Irving & Co) / Skill Horses / Skill Jump (Groetchen)
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Sparky »

So I took a roadtrip to go see Azatotht for the first time in a LONG time. Tempus fugit, and Covid sucks ass. But all in all everyone is in good spirits. Of course, the visit was way too short as usual, and I will have to remedy that.

One of the subjects we discussed is the accessibility of the hobby now VS 5-10 years ago. And no... this is not a "price-police" rant. We just both noted that demand is high, and has been further accentuated by the pandemic. People want home entertainment. Quite normal.

It reminds me of a situation with a pin I had for sale. I had it listed at 1800, and one gentleman contacted me, stating "firmly" that I was overpriced as he had seen that pin for 1200, called me greedy, and offered me 1600, including delivery 2 hrs away, and set-up. At first, I was pissed and turned him down flat. I ended up selling it for less and to a friend that was nothing but courteous. Politeness matters to me. A lot.

But... since then, I have seen the same pin in lesser condition for 2200-2400. My first reflex was to say in my head "HA! You should have bought it then, buddy!!!", but I immediately started feeling bad. The accessibility of machines is less and less. Unless you can restore a pin from top to bottom, it's rough.

But I get it.... this was inevitable. A-list WPC pins were all up in price. They all get snatched up. None for sale. So buyers aim the b-list pins. And THEY go up due to demand... so... System 11's get sought after. THEY go up... then the early SS pins start to go up.

Close the border, and it just boosts prices up. The nature of things.

But... there is a shining light. Many people were "solitary" with their collections. I get it. But then comes the pandemic, and you isolate. I get a lot of messages from people saying they want to have people over when all is done, which they never wanted to do in the past.

So... it is encouraging. Perceptions change.

Would be nice to see a bunch of new and old faces at Pincon 2021, wouldn't it?
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

frosken
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by frosken »

Sparky wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:29 am
One of the subjects we discussed is the accessibility of the hobby now VS 5-10 years ago. And no... this is not a "price-police" rant. We just both noted that demand is high, and has been further accentuated by the pandemic. People want home entertainment. Quite normal.

It reminds me of a situation with a pin I had for sale. I had it listed at 1800, and one gentleman contacted me, stating "firmly" that I was overpriced as he had seen that pin for 1200, called me greedy, and offered me 1600, including delivery 2 hrs away, and set-up. At first, I was pissed and turned him down flat. I ended up selling it for less and to a friend that was nothing but courteous. Politeness matters to me. A lot.

But... since then, I have seen the same pin in lesser condition for 2200-2400. My first reflex was to say in my head "HA! You should have bought it then, buddy!!!", but I immediately started feeling bad. The accessibility of machines is less and less. Unless you can restore a pin from top to bottom, it's rough.

But I get it.... this was inevitable. A-list WPC pins were all up in price. They all get snatched up. None for sale. So buyers aim the b-list pins. And THEY go up due to demand... so... System 11's get sought after. THEY go up... then the early SS pins start to go up.

Close the border, and it just boosts prices up. The nature of things.
The whole situation reminds me of a certain tragic event in 2001. I remember that the pinball market following these events started to significantly increase, as people were afraid to travel and decided to spend more in home entertainment than spending on tourism. The bump was significant, but as time went by, the market dropped a bit and then slowly increased...to the point where a huge jump happened about 8 years ago.

It's all about offer and demand...but sometimes, the market hits a specific cocktail where it doesn't make any sense. Hobby-wise, we've all seen this when a specific hobby is the "hot thing" to which pricing goes way up, and usually it crashes after the wave has gone by... think sports cards...

While it is cool to have numerous companies making machines nowadays, are there too many manufacturers for the current market? Will we see a bigger demise of the Pinball Manufacturers like we saw the disappearance of big box stores, card shops, and coming soon: micro-breweries?

The challenge I see is that while there is a market for specific classics (similar to cars), it's not ALL of them that are collectible. a 1973 Dodge Charger have some value...but a 1973 Ford Pinto, err...not so much... same for a 1987 Porsche 944...compared to a Chrysler K-car (Aries/Reliant anyone?) from the same year(s). It's the same with pinball machines...but lately, ANY machine is getting value...which is crazy (IMHO).

The big challenge today is that you can buy a NEW machine with more features, more rules than some machines that are 25 years old. While "I get it" for some A-list games, now the B and C list games are close in pricing to the new ones which boggles my mind. In addition, many lost their jobs over the past few months...cost of living has gone up (have you looked at your grocery bill as of late?) and yet they are overspending for pinball machines?

It's a crazy world we live in...and I can't wait to get over with the whole Covid crap so we can sort of come back to the "normal life"...or at least try...

Now...GAME ON!!!! 8-)
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)

Current Arcade1UP Machine: Final Fight (pending pickup...down South)

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby...but with a thinner wallet. :lol:

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

jokker
MAACA Silent Type
Been liked: 1 time

Post by jokker »

Well I've kinda opened up the coffin door again to see the world, so I should at least take a moment to say hello to all! Lots of familiar faces still haunting this place all these years :D

Hopefully everyone is generally doing well and for me things are pretty much the same. I did pick up a Dr. Who finally a couple months ago so that finally finishes that quest. I also have a bizarrely good condition Joust that I'm slowly picking away at to get up and running again.
jokker

Currently have:
TRON LE, Swords Of Fury, Doctor Who, Getaway, Baby Pacman, Revenge From Mars + Star Wars Episode 1
Currently had:
Jack*Bot, F-14, Flintstones, Big Buck Hunter

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

jokker wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:28 am
Well I've kinda opened up the coffin door again to see the world, so I should at least take a moment to say hello to all! Lots of familiar faces still haunting this place all these years :D

Hopefully everyone is generally doing well and for me things are pretty much the same. I did pick up a Dr. Who finally a couple months ago so that finally finishes that quest. I also have a bizarrely good condition Joust that I'm slowly picking away at to get up and running again.
Welcome back!!!!! I TOLD you, retirement is bullshit. LOL

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

I'm sorry did you say you're working on a Joust???? LOL well welcome back!
WANTED: Jezzard Mini Cascade, 21 by Duval / Klix by Groetchen etc, Steeple Chase (Kaye, Irving & Co) / Skill Horses / Skill Jump (Groetchen)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)

jokker
MAACA Silent Type

Post by jokker »

Sparky wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am
Thank you El Presidente,

Hahaha oh I'll never retire, just take long naps :)
jokker

Currently have:
TRON LE, Swords Of Fury, Doctor Who, Getaway, Baby Pacman, Revenge From Mars + Star Wars Episode 1
Currently had:

jokker
MAACA Silent Type

Post by jokker »

cait001 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:39 pm
I'm sorry did you say you're working on a Joust???? LOL well welcome back!
Yeah I came into possession of a Joust a few years ago and slowly tinker on it from time to time. It's a real pain in the ass to work on to be honest.
jokker

Currently have:
Currently had:

frosken
MAACA Buck

Post by frosken »

Sparky wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am
jokker wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:28 am

Damn!!! That’s a name from the past! Welcome back! :D

I guess I’m not the only one un-retiring... ;)
+++++++++++++++++

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

jokker
MAACA Silent Type

Post by jokker »

Hahaha thanks frosken,

Yeah for some of us I don't think it's possible to "stop" but just "rest" for awhile :D

Although probably moving to a smaller place in the next few years so I'll be thinning things out as time goes on. Although as it always seems to happen, you end up with some temporary visitors along the way. :D
jokker

Currently have:
Currently had:

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

I am having a "farts in a bathtub" type of day.

For your intellectual viewing enjoyment.

frosken
MAACA Buck

Post by frosken »

I am having a "farts in a bathtub" type of day.
Attachments
062DCE87-4047-4BCA-84FD-EAEB595FB796.jpeg
+++++++++++++++++

Guard
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Guard »

:D Its cool.....
Attachments
20200928_195856.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/ Victory/Shaq Attaq/ Gold Strike/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Gorgar/ Scorpion/ Algar/ Catacomb
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Azatotht »

Got told by my boss today that I was finally getting back to being paid 100% !

Been working 4 days a week since March.

This has been very hard on the hobby, have nothing left here but my MAME computers.

Cheers !
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Driving from my training class in St-Anselme, I had one of those moment where everything seems to be right in the world. I had the radio on a news channel, and that was quickly changed to a rock station.

Driving along a nice road, the sky diming yet glowing on the horizon of a copper and deep blue ocean, and Disturbed's The Sound of Silence humming out of he speakers. For a few precious minutes, all that was askew in the world seemed to fade away.

I try to enjoy these little bubbles of peace in these crazy times. Feels as good as playing a "God-mode" game of pinball with friends, where the ball seems to follow your every wish and command, and you feel elated, invincible..... alive.

Makes me look forward to the future. Borderland meeting / fart contest with the boys.... an MPL meeting with old friends...... a beer with Azatotht in his garage... a cold Coke zero with my feet in the warm pool and wet nuzzle from Otis at Shane's place, with a few games of pinball in between discussions.... fixing games at Pincon 2020-something... Spooning in Allentown after losing to Vic... LOL

Just looking ahead to the future like I did that copper-blue sky tonight. With admiration, hope, excitement, as if I was heading to Pitt street on a Friday night.

Soon. Very soon.

Guard
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Guard »

Lost me at spooning....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/ Victory/Shaq Attaq/ Gold Strike/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Gorgar/ Scorpion/ Algar/ Catacomb
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

LOL. To make a long story short, Azatotht, Splitskull and myself would travel to Allentown for the show. Room had 2 queen beds. So we would have a tourney. 3 games. Each pics a game. Winner gets one bed to himself. Other 2 have to share a bed.

I got robbed one year by a fucking Back To The Future pin, where I was winning, but apparently that stupid machine lets you actually steal another player's score. LOL. So I lost.

It is still funny, ten+ years later.

At least, I consoled myself with a Double-Down at KFC. LOL

World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

.. when you need to explain what you meant by spooning..! :D
s-l640.jpg

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 39 times

Post by R.A.B. »

English will follow.

Si vous avez besoin de pièces pour vos projets de confinement comme bien du monde qui ce present ici't chez Alouette, je voulais simplement vous informer que nous sommes ouvert aujourd’hui, demain (je suis au bureau par exceptionmardi) et nous allons fermer vers 13hres Mercredi le 23 jusqu’à la reouverture le 11 Janvier a moins d'une grand hausse des cas de covid après les fêtes.

If you need last minute parts for your projects during confinement, (as I have witness more & more action than usually in the past couple of weeks at the Alouette parts counter & phone), I wanted to let you know that we are open today, tomorrow and Wednesday until about 1pm, then closed until the 11th unless things go wrong with the covid-numbers after the holidays.

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com
http://www.alouetteamusement.com

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Gottlieb 1973 "Hot Shot" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza" - Gottlieb 1977 "Golden Arrow"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the last stages of life.

I always preferred the exceptional qualities quietly lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. But now, our meaningless day to day is promoted into the realm of the extraordinary via a world wide web of self-promotion mostly fueled by the new dumb. Add to that a saturation of information rendering the ability of the masses to react, think & follow through with real action even more unlikely.

"Some things are too hot to touch, the human mind can only stand so much - you can't win with a losing hand. " - Zimmy

"Ah...., you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. No one really knows what you will say or do next since all the truth in the world just adds up to one big lie from where you spew out your madness." My Alter Ego.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Well, stuff is moving along nicely when you are keeping your work phone off and just taking the time to get things done.

I had gutted the basement bathroom as it was showing issues. I managed to install a new shower base in lieu of the old bathtub. And today, I replumbed the entire basement plumbing. Added proper drain vent, removed the last traces of copper pipes (water is a bit hard here and does a number on copper tubing), and tested it all. So far so good.

But, progress will be stalled due to current ( and very understandable) restrictions. But still nice to be able to use the toilet. Lol.

So, one more thing to add to my do-list once things open again. That, with a new fridge purchase, which shit the bed on Christmas day. Lol. Thank God I have an old fridge in the basement. Lol.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

"As usual", yes - well I tried.

I did try to create some of the conditions necessary for ringing in the new year, but it was more about wringing out the last one. Spent most of the evening alone and that felt good. I remember liking it that way, but for the last five years it has been otherwise. New Years Eve coincides with the official opening of the North Star - Machines à Piastres, in fact we had our soft opening on December 31st, 2015.

Soft Opening December 31st 2015.jpg
Soft Opening December 31st 2015.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 656 times
January 1st, 2016 Opening Day.jpg
January 1st, 2016 Opening Day.jpg (61.52 KiB) Viewed 643 times

So for the past 5 years, contrary to what I had gotten use to, was to spend new year's eve around lots of people at North Star and counting down with them, however silly that is. Sometimes traditions should not be questioned too extensively when one is being swept into participating.

This year however, I reverted back to that peaceful alone time and enjoyed some soft hallway chat with a couple of the more interesting neighbours, but still, no feeling of renewal. Because that is what it is really about isn't it ? - feeling an accentuated sense of renewal in the dark of winter and just before the new year begins. Betterment, hell yes, - how about just some hope then, god-damn it ! Needless to say that things didn't work out so well for many of us in 2020, at a minimum, alot of our "usuals" were disrupted. This new years eve (2021) is simply not usual", and this makes sense ofcourse. However, I did notice that January 1st felt more like it usually does for the most part, calling friends and family with well wishes. Seriously thinking of doing some more of that today 'cause that does feels more usual, and I think I can use some "normal" about now.

Yet, it was just some 367 days ago on December 31st that we celebrated starting the 5th year of what I consider a major life marking project and accomplishment and it will be 5 years in about 20 days since we had the official opening ceremony with a few close friends, Mr.Trembaly's immediate family and some local media on January 23rd. A special day to be sure. Damn !

North Star 23 Jan, 2016- Luc Tremblay and Rob with the original North Star machines.jpg
North Star 23 Jan, 2016- Luc Tremblay and Rob with the original North Star machines.jpg (90.51 KiB) Viewed 656 times

We were at 115 capacity at North Star last year when we gathered to party and countdown 2019 away, and preparing to ring in this new decade which looked like it was going to be very prosperous with lots of growth opportunities in sight.

20191231_200408.jpg

Looking back, it is ironic that we completely missed the 10 second countdown that night due to some confusion as to who was to ring the bell and start that ritual. I think it was decided that the DJ (Parka Pat) was to keep an eye on the moments before midnight, but he got talking politics with one of the regulars and myself. I listened attentively not interjecting because I pretty well agreed with what he was saying and before we knew it, the midnight moment went by all of us. Most everyone was laughing and drinking and dancing and we missed ringing in the 20's sort of speak, and it truly does feel like 100 years ago but missing it makes good sense somehow in light of what we have lived so far.

20200101_000301.jpg
20200101_000223.jpg

So, all this to say that I happily rang 2020 out of my mind two days ago even though It took me a while to remember missing the countdown at North Star a year ago which as I said, it truly feels like it was 100 years ago when we were allowed to gather and celebrate.

And hell, 5 years of taking pinball back to the streets, especially starting on the Main is major, so we continued to spread the vibe around our city in the first months of 2020 as a logical extension of our business. So missing the countdown to 2020 was a sign that we will have to start again and relaunch sometime in 2021. We will bring pinball back to all our locations, including the Bell Center, the cool & local microbreweries, but first and foremost we will reopen the North Star in order to show the younger generations where the start button is (or the "replay button" for the sake of metaphor) so they can participate in launching the ball back into play again.

20191207_192834.jpg

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Gottlieb 1973 "Hot Shot" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza" - Gottlieb 1977 "Golden Arrow"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the last stages of life.

I always preferred the exceptional qualities quietly lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. But now, our meaningless day to day is promoted into the realm of the extraordinary via a world wide web of self-promotion mostly fueled by the new dumb. Add to that a saturation of information rendering the ability of the masses to react, think & follow through with real action even more unlikely.

"Some things are too hot to touch, the human mind can only stand so much - you can't win with a losing hand. " - Zimmy

"Ah...., you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. No one really knows what you will say or do next since all the truth in the world just adds up to one big lie from where you spew out your madness." My Alter Ego.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

I somehow made 8 blog posts in the last week at https://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/
check it out if you want to learn about drop-shelf mechanisms, the history of transitional electric pachinko machines, see a Japanese arcade from 1970, my research into the first pinball machine on screen, a pachinko-based porn that teaches you about modern pachinko, the epochs of Japanese smart ball machines, and Japanese reggae.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

cait001 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 am
I somehow made 8 blog posts in the last week at https://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/
check it out if you want to learn about drop-shelf mechanisms, the history of transitional electric pachinko machines, see a Japanese arcade from 1970, my research into the first pinball machine on screen, a pachinko-based porn that teaches you about modern pachinko, the epochs of Japanese smart ball machines, and Japanese reggae.
Very cool Cait. :D Also looking at Pindude152's blogs and JamesSchid's and they too tend to relight a flame of interest in my imagination which is unfortunately growing dim during these exceptional days of winter. And now that the holidays have passed, it feels like February is years away, yet it will be here soon like an ambivalent house guest - piss on the make. :?

On the flipside, there is lots of stuff and time and room to learn these days, even if it remains easy to get lazy. Must remember that the days are for wakefulness, alertness, productivity and the night is for hunkering down and flirting with the brothel of decadence and writing about it occasionally in order to justify the experience artfully.

But back to topic : (for those who don't see all the subtle connections)

It never ceases to blow my mind how many other gravity type games of chance and skill there are besides pinball as we know it here. Especially the gambling type ones, my personal favorites indeed since they seem parallel or at least congruent to one messing with the magic of life, or what the French call "le hazard" which incidentally translates badly to "chance" or "luck". I say "translates badly" so that those who have a solid grasp of both official languages will understand the difference I am alluding to.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

Was worried about this extended lockdown pandemic nastiness calling for us, i.e. - the non-essential businesses to stay closed down after Jan. 11th until Feb.8th. That put a certain amount of fear in me. I hate felling non-essential as far as the work I do is concerned. So just after new years day, and while reviewing that foul year 2020 which started this decade of the viral 20's, I wrote up a bunch of power moves and marked them down with a sharpie in abbreviated form on a large sheet of cardboard and pasted it on the wall so as to keep me from going bughouse.

https://www.raptitude.com/2020/12/how-t ... the-beast/

But yesterday, we were all called into work at Alouette, and that eclectic group of seven along with the big boss man decided that we would keep showing up for work as per usual mainly because it is better for our overall mental health and that I would keep running the parts & service business as the main steady source of business revenue for now. The machine sales would be next to non-existent since no one can come in the place and try the games before they buy. So being busy enough to keep my department open 3 full days a week and also to keep things going in the repair business as well suits my mental health just fine. Again, totally relived to know that I would be keeping that work schedual going instead of getting paid to stay home and produce less than I can normally do for all the so called non-essentials activities of our lives.

So I will be answering all the parts requests and questions that have been filling up that inbox at work and offering the best viable solutions as far as parts are concerned and also providing the best sound advice I can come up with since all these newbies digging out old pinball machines know very little and are easily mislead by all the info that is out there on the www. Not all of it is to be taken as gospel, and also finding out by talking to 1st timers that the info is often "out there" is often misunderstood especially when context and circumstances are scketchy. It is getting scarier to listen to what people do to their first pins and as more and more people suddenly become experts, lots of questionable information can be transferred as easily as a virus. Yikes !!

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”