The THANKS-giving thread

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: The THANKS-giving thread

Post by R.A.B. »

Thank you to ChrisSilver and Hiesenberg for making the upcoming weekend what it will turn out to be. A great gathering of pinball machines and people who find solace in the various aspects of these devices.

As I prepare all the details involved in making my contribution valid, I also think about the many of you who are also preparing to contribute. I am sure that you know how much detail goes into making your contribution positive. By the same token, lets also make this fun and a great memory for the future.

From talking to Chris throughout this process I know that he deserves a freakin' standing ovation for putting this thing together no matter what ensues. Imagine the details he has to deal with to make this happen for all of us ? I thought I was busy. Fawk ! So many details to all this.

I just want to say thanks to the crazy bastard.

Hugs,

R.A.B.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Will definitely buy those two a drink Saturday night!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

uncleboo
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by uncleboo »

cait001 wrote:Will definitely buy those two a drink Saturday night!

X2 :)

Thanks guys for all your hard work to make this event happen
Pins
EBD 1st Edition ,Volley

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

Bump, as they say.

Thank you consequence, thank you terror, thank you disillusionment, thank you frailty, thank you providence, thank you nothingness, thank you silence.

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Pindude152
MAACA Super Contributor
Location: Sector zz9 plural z alpha, Sol, Earth, Canada, Quebec, Gatineau
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Pindude152 »

Yes. Thank you for the recent shit storm on the fourm. Lines have been drawn in the sand. Sides have been taken. Alignments have been clarified. Things are in movement. Cheers to all. Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night. Peace out.
Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii.
Bally: Mad World
Williams: Pot 'O' gold, Beat the clock
Rally Play Company of Nice France: Any Flip Tronic(s) era machine produced between 1966 and 1969

"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

Check out my blog at http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/ for quality content about electromechanical amusement
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

Too far gone... beyond time, space and pinball stages

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Amen brother.

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

A big thank's to Drano and Ottogd for the helps with my Viper restoration project! Thank's to mindstorm for the scanner and HPR for the support
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I'm a tad behind keeping up on this thread.
I am delinquent in giving thanks in a busy and plentiful year.

Thanks to Drano for another great "group pin" deal, and in pushing us both in directions that we need to reluctantly go.
Thanks to all the Bluffs Management and Tech team for continuing to keep our games in great condition. Thanks Sparky for recent fixes.

Thanks to the "pinball mafia". (as one spouse has aptly named us) It refers to "all of us", online and off, that continue to help each other out.
More soon.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

With 100+ replies and thousands of views, this great thread took on a life of it's own that Drano never expected when it began.
Thank you my friend. It is a great reminder to stay grounded and humble and thankful at special and regular moments in life.

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Sparky wrote:Another year, and so much more to be thankful for.

- I am relatively healthy. Now, anyways, after some changes.
- Brian is thriving in high school. I was very worried at first, but things are going great.
- Job is good and stable. A lot of hours, but I work with a great bunch of people.

So, all my three families are good... real family, work family and friends. I really can't complain. I try to appreciate it every day, as it can be quicky taken away for any wacky reason.

Amen Ian.

I am very thankful for what I have, the opportunities presented to me daily. This past year has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. Time seems to have accelerated greatly in my 40s.
You are correct, tomorrow is a gift .
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

It is time to revive this thread.
We are forgetful. My apologies.

It has been a brutal couple of years.
I am very grateful that we are all back.

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Thanks Ponzie!
It is a storm once we...

Well...
Participate...

Acknowledge whom we owe thanks to.

More soon.

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:20 pm It is time to revive this thread.
We are forgetful. My apologies.

It has been a brutal couple of years.
I am very grateful that we are all back.
I am thankful for so much to read this morning Scott.

This forum has lost steam lately as well as that community feeling, but that is normal I think in these times of division. Summer daze and being busy with all other things essential also are factors.

Regardless, I need to thank/contribute :

I am thankful for friends and family and sharing my good fortune of late with them.

I am thankful for the small efficient business I enjoy running.

I am thankful for......so many things these days, mostly the interesting people I meet.

R.A.B.