Best Multi Game PCBs

Talk about anything that you would like.
Espo1713
MAACA Silent Type

Best Multi Game PCBs

Post by Espo1713 »

Anyone have any suggestions for the best multi game PCBs. Was looking at Pandoras box 4 - seems like a good price for a good list of games. Would like to get games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Double Dragon, NBA Jam. 2 player 6 button ea + start machine

Timinator
MAACA Buck

Re: Best Multi Game PCBs

Post by Timinator »

I bought a Game Elf and it had good resolution and over 600 titles, nice alphabetical listings. Only issue I found with it was the lack of trackball games. I just bought a Pandora's Box 4s, and I read good reviews for it. I also have a 1300 in 1 board that is bullet proof. Apparently there is a new 900 in 1 on the market called the God of Game board. Only draw back of it is that it does not work with the Jamma connected monitor, so you need a VGA plug-in from a PC monitor in your multicade. Good selection of games though.
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

Post by quarter grabber »

In my opinion they all suck. Do yourself a favour and do a mame set up with a computer and 20,000 games. Much better in my opinion. I had a 3000 in 1 multi and hated it. Built a mame and love it.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Azatotht »

quarter grabber wrote:In my opinion they all suck. Do yourself a favour and do a mame set up with a computer and 20,000 games. Much better in my opinion. I had a 3000 in 1 multi and hated it. Built a mame and love it.
I will have to agree... Had a 412-1 in my cocktail and switched it for a MAME. Been very happy since then..

- Bad graphics, frames skipping, wrong sounds (try Gyruss on a 60-1 and you will understand).
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Timinator
MAACA Buck

Post by Timinator »

The xxxx in 1 boards I have had over the years seemed to not have many of the problems I have heard about. I have seen some good, and bad, MAME set ups along the way though and I understand the appeal. I like the Jamma set up for the all in one boards because if I ever decide to make my cab back to dedicated it is easy. If you have a Jamma harness already in an old cab, it is a simple switch too. Going the all in one way, I would just be careful of the brand of board.
Haves: Centipede Cocktail Table, SFII, Star Wars Racer, Shinobi, Amazing Spider-man (pin), Black Knight, DE Star Wars, Operation Wolf, 60 in 1 Cocktail
Gone, but not forgotten: Pharaoh, Wild Fyre, Dracula, Chicago Coin's Homerun, Midway's One Million BC, Golden Axe, Sinbad

quarter grabber
MAACA Half-ling

Post by quarter grabber »

If you do have your heart set on a multi board I have used this one personally with good results.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/3149-in- ... 120gb.html

Hope this helps.

Timinator
MAACA Buck

Post by Timinator »

quarter grabber wrote:If you do have your heart set on a multi board I have used this one personally with good results.

Hope this helps.

Agreed! I have the smaller version of this.

pinhead
MAACA Wacko

Post by pinhead »

quarter grabber wrote:If you do have your heart set on a multi board I have used this one personally with good results.

Hope this helps.

I have installed a couple of these for my clients and they were very happy.

Also, Sue at Paradise Arcade is a great person to deal with and she even throw some bonus chocolate in your order. I ordered a ton of stuff from them.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Espo1713
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Espo1713 »

Awesome, Thanks for the input. I went with a Pandora box 4 (it was a cheap solution). Has a straight VGA out to hook up to a monitor. I have an X Men vs. Street Fighter CPS2 board that doesnt work. I tested the battery on the board and its dead. Is there anyone on this site i could mail it to to 'phoenix' the board? any idea of cost?

Espo1713
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Espo1713 »

Awesome, Thanks for the input. I went with a Pandora box 4 (it was a cheap solution). Has a straight VGA out to hook up to a monitor. I have an X Men vs. Street Fighter CPS2 board that doesnt work. I tested the battery on the board and its dead. Is there anyone on this site i could mail it to to 'phoenix' the board? any idea of cost?

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Mrhide »

Espo1713 wrote:Is there anyone on this site i could mail it to to 'phoenix' the board? any idea of cost?
Save your shipping money:

all you need to do is remove the battery and put new roms in. Steph here can do the roms really well and cheap for you if you msg him.

then follow something like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5kHnvv3PgY

and you'll be all set!
LF: VewLix, GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Espo1713
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Espo1713 »

Thanks, just PM'ed him

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”