Make-A-Wish 48-hour bike ride, PART DEUX!

Talk about anything that you would like.
juztbecause
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: Make-A-Wish 48-hour bike ride, PART DEUX!

Post by juztbecause »

Donation made. The "Make A Wish" Foundation is an awesome organization. My sister in-law was a recipient of a wish and they are a first class organization. GLWTR (Good Luck With The Ride). Remember just like heavy equipment, riding a bike is always best "rubber side down". :)
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

A heartfelt thumbs up to this cause as it really touches home. My son angel Christopher was the recipient of a Make a Wish back in 2003 when diagnosed with Brainstem Glioma He had hoped to meet Adam Sandler but Adams schedule was much too busy that year with getting married and other things. All the children that benefit this have a very finite time to pack as much enjoyment into their lives as possible and indeed Make a Wish succeeds in truly bringing lasting memories .

I also remember make a wish having a fundraising event that was at the old mosport raceway . In the morning .. children and their families took rides in various vehicles on the track and the owners of exotic cars and vintage vehicles like lambourghinis ... had the opportunity to open up their cars without certain limits. in the afternoon, the public could pay 10 dollars and take a spin as passenger in the choice of car they wanted. im not sure if they still do that. more than likely liability insurance erased such memorable events.

I know we are beseeched by requests to donate at all times but it is ... truly one that reaps benefits in its undertakings.

not to hijack your thread Sparky but if I could also give a shout out to McHappy day coming on May 3 that supports the Ronald McDonald House. I try to give generously to this .. too as we spent 6 weeks there in Toronto right at the outset of the Sars scare and the support and .. generosity ... made troubling times.. much less stressful catering to the well being of our family.

I know Christopher is very much a part of my interest in pinballs and ... and I sometimes wonder what he would have thought of this game or that. and I can honestly say the thing that makes me smile the most is seeing kids of friends and their amazement playing pinball for the first time.

A special thank you

juztbecause
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by juztbecause »

Sparky wrote:
juztbecause wrote:Donation made. The "Make A Wish" Foundation is an awesome organization. My sister in-law was a recipient of a wish and they are a first class organization. GLWTR (Good Luck With The Ride). Remember just like heavy equipment, riding a bike is always best "rubber side down". :)
Thank you Darin!!! Super appreciated!!!

My pleasure.

You give freely of your time for a great cause it is the least I can do.
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

I just made a donation. Great cause!
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

If you're short on team members let me know, I might be able to make it out. I just bought this:

Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

The crotch banana is just fine until the 6th beer...Then it becomes a death wish.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II