Canada PinCon - Details and Questions

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Canada PinCon - Details and Questions

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:46 am

We're coming up on a month away from this epic event. There's been a lot of bumps and modifications but everything is going along perfectly. If you have any questions, ask them here.

Canada PinCon Timeframe

I could start setting up the arena as of Wednesday May 31st. If for any reason anyone would like to bring any of your gear or machines as early as this contact me and we'll make arrangements. If you don't have my cell phone number, request it by PM.

Ideally, I would like to see as many pinball machines flowing through the door on the Friday evening for ideas on quantity and placement. We will remain on site until whatever hours necessary to locate and set you up. If you're bringing your machines Saturday morning keep in mind the doors open at 9 AM.

Canada PinCon will end Sunday evening at 6:00. Understandably, people driving long-distances are welcomed to take their machines out a "little" earlier. We are trying to run a pinball convention so it would be nice to try and keep the event established until then.

We are nowhere near the size of the United States but we have a large strong pinball community. It takes you and your machines to make an event like this happen. My preliminary numbers are showing a decent amount of machines but please bring more. Let's make this happen and happen big and next year it will only be better. Our data will be shared with the Ottawa Pinball Show to improve the quality and enjoyment of our pinball show experience in Canada.

Hours of Operation

Saturday 9:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Sanctioned Tournament $1500
The Canadian National Pinball Open - CNPO

Canada Pincon invites both the professional and the amateur player to show off their silver-ball skills in our IFPA sanctioned pinball tournament. There will be $1500 in total prize money up for grabs in this exciting 2-day event. Saturday will be the open and unlimited qualifying starting at 12:00pm and ending at 6:00pm. Five dollars gets you one play on four of the eight machines in the tournament. Buying more plays will allow you to improve your ranking, either by bettering your score on the 4 machines already played, or by trying out one of the other machines. Your best four scores will be tallied to decide the seeding for Sunday’s final. The tournament final on Sunday will begin at 11:00am, and will be a head to head match, best two out of three games, with a TBA amount of players. We keep playing until we get down to the crowning of the big winner. Will it be you?

Any questions ask them here.
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

MaskedVillianPinball
MAACA Mage

Re: Canada PinCon - Details and Questions

Postby MaskedVillianPinball » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Have you contacted any suppliers like Marco and Pinball life or groups like buffalo Pinball or dead flip? Caroline and I have contacts with said groups and can contact them as well as doubledangerpinball and see if they would be interested in coming to this event :-)
MaskedVillianPinball
https://www.twitch.tv/maskedvillianpinball
Live Pinball streaming!

Pins: Stern Magic 1979
Gone: Bally Night Rider EM, Gottlieb Airport EM

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:39 pm

MaskedVillianPinball wrote:Have you contacted any suppliers like Marco and Pinball life or groups like buffalo Pinball or dead flip? Caroline and I have contacts with said groups and can contact them as well as doubledangerpinball and see if they would be interested in coming to this event :-)

This being our first year things are moving well. I don't have the financial backing like Vancouver Flipout so I chose not to bother the States. We have a lot of support from the Canadian community and have the ability to establish a reputable convention. If I decide to continue Canada PinCon next year I'll be inviting everybody.

Baby steps. ;)
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Bumped for CAP.

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Chris, is it possible to have a list of games that will be for sale at the convention?

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Fri May 05, 2017 8:28 pm

ALJO wrote:Chris, is it possible to have a list of games that will be for sale at the convention?

I have a lot of things going on right now specifically the more intricate details regarding the convention.

If anyone is selling anything, they're welcome to make a post stating their machine will be at Canada PinCon.

The one thing I could say, is get here early.
;)

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Tue May 09, 2017 5:31 am

I am sharing this wherever I can. I posted it in the ONtario Facebook game group, my own Facebook, I passed it along to Todd at TNT to talk about in one of his videos.

Oh, I notice ton the website, the times aren't listed anywhere obvious, they should be front and center with the dates, shouldn't they?

I'm excited!

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Tue May 09, 2017 6:09 am

shovelhed wrote:I am sharing this wherever I can. I posted it in the ONtario Facebook game group, my own Facebook, I passed it along to Todd at TNT to talk about in one of his videos.

Oh, I notice ton the website, the times aren't listed anywhere obvious, they should be front and center with the dates, shouldn't they?

I'm excited!

Todd and I are working on the video already. LOL

My web guy is a little busy and hasn't posted the times on the website. At least it's on the posters.

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am

Haha, sweet. It would be fun if he came up!

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 am

Two weeks from today is the main day for set up! :-)

I'll have the arena as early as Wednesday so if anybody wants to bring anything early it's no problem. I can take machines even earlier to store at my place.

Anymore questions?

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 am

Chris Silver wrote:Anymore questions?

Yes, why is my daughter's dance show on that same day ? :( :x
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

Azatotht wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:Anymore questions?

Yes, why is my daughter's dance show on that same day ? :( :x

It's Murphy's law. ;)

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Fri May 19, 2017 9:28 am

Chris Silver wrote:It's Murphy's law. ;)

Makes sense :(
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

cap
MAACA Mage

Postby cap » Sat May 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Will there be concessions (food/drinks/booze) on the premises?
Is it better for pincon if we patronize those concessions?
Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Sat May 20, 2017 3:28 pm

cap wrote:Will there be concessions (food/drinks/booze) on the premises?
Is it better for pincon if we patronize those concessions?

Beau's Brewery will be selling their finest draughts at the convention. There willalso be a brewery tour shuttle bus.

Targ was having problems with manpower and logistics and might need to step back. It's quite unfortunate because I gave them exclusivity. Now I'm scrambling to get a decent food court operation together. I have Poutine Fest coming. They have over 30 different types of poutine as well as a breakfast poutine with hollandaise sauce. I'm sure that will be a hit before we open early with the Hawkesbury Flea Fair crowd especially on the Sunday when everyone's hung over.

I'm looking into a couple more thoughts as well.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Poutine, Lug Tread beer, pinball and buddies.

Heaven.
Account deactivated

cap
MAACA Mage

Postby cap » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Chris Silver wrote:Now I'm scrambling to get a decent food court operation together. I have Poutine Fest coming.

Poutine is fine once but I hope you can get something else too. We can't eat poutine all week-end long.
Can Montreal food trucks cross over to the Ontario side?
We have gourmet food trucks during the Montreal festivals and this is before their season starts.
Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Sat May 20, 2017 10:50 pm

cap wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:Now I'm scrambling to get a decent food court operation together. I have Poutine Fest coming.

Poutine is fine once but I hope you can get something else too. We can't eat poutine all week-end long.
Can Montreal food trucks cross over to the Ontario side?
We have gourmet food trucks during the Montreal festivals and this is before their season starts.

I'm working on other options for the moment. We'll see what pans out.

Pindude152
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Pindude152 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:39 pm

cap wrote:Poutine is fine once but I hope you can get something else too. We can't eat poutine all week-end long.

I can :FP:
"It's heavy. What is it? ... The, uh, stuff dreams are made of"
-The Maltese Falcon

"Every ball for me's another game.For you this always looks the same [...]
I know for you this doesn't look a lot. For me this is the only thing I got"
-Yello - Pinball Cha Cha

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life"
-Homer Simpson

Wanted: Bally 20 hole Bingo machine: Orient, London, Safari, Super 7, Bonus 7 or Hawaii. Bally Capersville
Quality EM repairs & refurbishing

http://pindude152.blogspot.ca/
http://www.pinballowners.com/pindude152

Chnillapoil
MAACA Warrior

Postby Chnillapoil » Sun May 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Pindude152 wrote:
cap wrote:Poutine is fine once but I hope you can get something else too. We can't eat poutine all week-end long.

I can :FP:

Pretzel rolls all w-e is not a problem too :FP:
HIGH SPEED 1986
PIN*BOT 1986
TAXI 1988
VOLLEY 1976
MAME MARIO BROS 1983
RACER BY MIDWAY 1975
FATHOM 1980
MS PACMAN (cocktail project)

4eyes
MAACA Collaborator

Postby 4eyes » Sun May 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Chnillapoil wrote:Pretzel rolls all w-e is not a problem too :FP:

+1
AFM, STTNG, TZ, TOM, FH, WW, TAF, JP, DH, EBD

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 pm

I've just secured Pizza Pizza as well. They will be having their grand opening the same week. :-)

Heisenberg
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Heisenberg » Wed May 24, 2017 4:51 am

Mmmmmm, zza!!
"I am the one who knocks"

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”