Canada PinCon - Call Out

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Canada PinCon - Call Out

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 am

For all of you that know me, I've always been a solid part of this community. I found Maaca because of the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show. Sparky wrote the web address on a piece of paper for me and that was it.

The Ottawa Show advertised its first year - if you bring a machine you get in free. That was all I needed to hear. I had one machine back then (Space Station) and I knew I had to bring it. Saving a couple of bucks is always nice but realistically I knew inside these events don't happen without people like myself.

This is just a small call out to all Maaca members that Canada PinCon and the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show needs your help. It's a lot of work putting an event like this together and we would appreciate any assistance from you. Without machines there aren't conventions and it's impossible for an event like this to be done by corporations. It's a labour of love. It is a little work to bring a machine out of your house, but in the end if somebody's playing it that leaves more machines open for you to play. We're trying to make an Allentown of the north and improve on the concept of conventions.

These events are always a good excuse to see buddies from far and a great resource to yourselves and pinball related companies involved. If we don't do it, nobody else will.

Bring a pinball machine or arcade game and get in free! You also get a free t-shirt and a nice cold Beau's Brewery Beer.

Bring a game let's have some fun. :)
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Re: Canada PinCon - Call Out

Postby Mrhide » Thu May 04, 2017 7:54 am

fine :)

if I bring Creature on saturday is that good? Or Dracula?
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 8:11 am

Mrhide wrote:fine :)

Either is fine. Creature is a blast and women like Dracula.

Doors open at 9:00 AM so try to get in early. The flea market is going to be full and rocking at that time. Sparky is bringing a lot of shit and The Church of the Silver ball will have an unknown amount of goodies.

There are no steps or bumps. Set up will be super easy and we have tons of power everywhere.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Spirit, Elektra, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Centaur, Centaur II, Medusa, Buck Rogers

dr.nybble
MAACA Mage

Postby dr.nybble » Thu May 04, 2017 8:49 am

Chris -- I think it would be good to keep a master list of all of the committed pins....for me I will bring "Top Score"!
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 am

Yeah do it up like in prior years: let people call out what they're bringing, and edit a master list in the first post.

Mrhide wrote:NEW: Looking for *complete* Robowar box!

LMFAO
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Astro Invader
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Craig

Postby Craig » Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am

I would like to make available my 1980 Black Knight.

Craig
Bally: 1979 KISS, 1984 Eight Ball Deluxe
Williams: 1980 Black Knight, 1980 Alien Poker
Stern: 1981 Freefall, 1981 Catacomb

Wanted: a larger basement

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Mrhide » Thu May 04, 2017 11:45 am

cait001 wrote:
Mrhide wrote:NEW: Looking for *complete* Robowar box!

LMFAO

:lol:
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Mrhide wrote:fine :)

Josh is bringing a Stern Dracula so it's your call. :mrgreen:

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Thu May 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Will the place be huge with a high ceilling?
I remember the last Ottawa Pinball Show was very very warm, not to say hot, the heat affected my Williams Rat Race, it had optos that were not working and/or the some of the numerous plastics were bending because of the heat and blocked the lights from the opto receivers, once back home, all was good and back working again.
If it's not too hot I would bring Rat Race and Rock N Roll The Crazy Maze.
Rock N Roll is'nt much of an excitement but it's rare and some people might like to play it, only one thing about it, it can't be put on free play, you need 5 cents to get it going.

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 8:10 pm

RAB's 1930 Bally Bumper is nickel play as well. He usually has a small bowl of Nichols beside the game.

Early June the weather shouldn't be too bad. To the bottom of the rafters is approximately 24 feet. It's in an NHL grade hockey arena.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:19 pm

The curiousities are the best part of a con! And I think JF is bringing a bingo, too?
BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan), DE Jurassic Park (loan)
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Centigrade 37, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Thu May 04, 2017 8:24 pm

I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Thu May 04, 2017 8:25 pm

OK, 24 feet should easilly clear away the heat from the bottum, I'll be attending saturday all day until 5pm.

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 04, 2017 8:34 pm

shovelhed wrote:I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.

Ive heard A few people saying they don't have transport. The nice thing about Maaca is that you guys could post a thread requesting transport from other members.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Chris Silver wrote:
shovelhed wrote:I'd bring my Dragon's Lair but don't have any way to transport it.

Ive heard A few people saying they don't have transport. The nice thing about Maaca is that you guys could post a thread requesting transport from other members.

If someone wants to rent a communal ottawa truck, I will pitch money towards that. $60 from me.

shovelhed
MAACA Mage

Postby shovelhed » Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 pm

If there's a truck, I could avail myself of arms to help lift and perhaps bring other games. I'm finishing a Donkey Kong restore now and will start Tron next.

I'd also help with Van cost and help lift at next destination.

tombiosis
MAACA Collaborator

Postby tombiosis » Sat May 06, 2017 10:25 am

I would pitch in on a truck as well. Could bring a 6M$M if there was a truck...I have a pick up, but if it rains that would be bad.
Also, would need help to load it if I were to bring it.
Pins: 8BDlx, 6M$M, Sorcerer, Stern Elvis, World PokerTour

WTB: Fish Tales, Fathom, Centaur, TSPP

Quit talking and start chalking!

eightball
MAACA Collaborator

Postby eightball » Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 am

I'd be happy to pitch in for an Ottawa to Hbury truck as well. I have two pins at my place that want to go to pincon, but I only have room for one in my vehicle. I am available on the Friday to help with the loading of any machines which need it!

Xylog
MAACA Mage

Postby Xylog » Sat May 06, 2017 5:03 pm

FYI, I should have a truck available for the show. I don't have confirmation as of yet, which is why I haven't mentioned it.

It should have space in it after all of my machines are in for others.

More info the second I know more! :)
Flash Gordon
Spy Hunter (Pinball)
Pinbot
Kick Off
RollerGames
Black Knight
Atlantis (Bally)
Dungeons & Dragons
Civic Center
Jungle Lord
Granny & The Gators
Show-Time (Bingo Project)

Heisenberg
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Heisenberg » Sat May 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Really loving the community sprint you are all showing right now. Thats why Chris and and myself are trying to make this the best event ever, for great people like you.
"I am the one who knocks"

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:35 pm

If Aljo's truck come through and he has enough space for everyone else and we don't do the rental, I'll pitch in on gas. Whatever it takes to get the max # of machines there.

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Sun May 07, 2017 3:39 pm

cait001 wrote:If Aljo's truck come through and he has enough space for everyone else and we don't do the rental, I'll pitch in on gas. Whatever it takes to get the max # of machines there.

I was thinking of arriving friday evening, sleep at a hotel, and give a hand on transporting machines saturday morning before the convention.
I have a minivan that can fit 3 folded pins and a trailer that can fit up to five folded and standing upright pins.
As long as the games are either not too far away, or as long as the games to pick up are close to each other in a given location I have no problem doing this.
Let me know.
Claude.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:16 pm

If you're not there Sunday afternoon, I think people coming from Ottawa might still need to rent a van to get them home

Chris Silver
MAACA Goliath

Postby Chris Silver » Sun May 07, 2017 5:47 pm

cait001 wrote:If you're not there Sunday afternoon, I think people coming from Ottawa might still need to rent a van to get them home

There is no hurry on the Sunday to remove the pins. Might have an extra day or two. Anyway you look at it, people can store pins at my place five minutes down the road. Easy unload into my clean garage.

Stephanie's Motel Aljo is five minutes from the convention as well and costs $90 a night.

ALJO
MAACA Warrior

Postby ALJO » Sun May 07, 2017 6:19 pm

OK, thanks Chris, what time do I have to show up at the convention saturday morning?

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”