Announcing Canada PinCon 2018 - Progression

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Announcing Canada PinCon 2018 - Progression

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:13 am

Canada PinCon 2018 - Progression

OK everybody here it is. Get your game on. This is the official launch of Canada PinCon 2018!
You know the drill. There will be pinball and arcade machines along with tournaments of both sorts. All games will be on FREEPLAY. The CNPO (Canadian National Pinball Open) will be an IFPA sanctioned event. The tournament Headmasters are MCS and Murpleman. There will be a stronger presence from the WFTDA (Women’s Flat Track derby Association) and a shuttle bus to and from the brewery. All of this and of course lots of beer. We have 2 bars. Beau’s All Natural will be the supplier again and this time there will be hard liquor on site for Geester ;) . The gang from Poutine Fest will be back supplying their fabulous selections and the arena’s canteen will be open as well. Canada PinCon is proud to announce partial sponsorship from our friends at Player One Amusement Group.

There are many probabilities up in the air at the moment including a Women’s Tournament and Novice B Division.

Obviously we will be needing pins. This is where you guys come in. Without the support of our Canadian pinball collectors there is no convention. Bring a game and get in free along with 1 beer token per machine. Bring more games and I might be able to get Heisenberg to give you a kiss. The Holy List of Pins is up and growing. Last year you guys made an amazing event and I thank you deeply. Let’s do it again.

Canada PinCon will be held 10 minutes up the road from the complex at the Vankleek Hill Arena this time. The Robert Hartley Complex will still have ice on the surface and I didn’t want to mess with the dates. No excuses from now on guys. The Hawkesbury Flea Fair has operated on the first weekend in June since 2014 and I won’t deviate. Tell your mom, the boss, your wife and the Pope you’ll be busy the first weekend in June every year until you’re dead.

As always if anyone would like to participate in any manner you are more than welcome. The only rule is as soon as it becomes a chore or too stressful - step back. Canada PinCon is designed for all to have fun doing whatever you enjoy arcade and convention related. This is for us.

-Tables are free for all companies who make a living in the business. Bring your banners.
-Flea market tables have been and will remain free to sell your goods.
-Canada PinCon will be selling T-Shirts and other goods.
-AV assistance is required
-Setup and teardown volunteers required
-Tournament volunteers are needed as always.
-Game owner cards complete
-Overnight security is covered (Thanks Woody) :D

Tables are free again because with the low costs I can (hopefully) rely on the general admission to cover the bills. Bring people and invite your friends. Things are changing on a daily basis and I will keep you updated when they solidify. Spread the word, get stoked and we’ll see you soon!

Vankleek Hill Arena
June 2 – 3, 2018
Saturday: 10 AM to 10 PM, Sunday: 10 AM to 5 PM
36 Mill St. E
Vanleek Hill, Ont
K0B 1R0
Attachments
pincon2018.jpg
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Williams Blue-Chip
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Elektra, Spirit, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Time Line, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Vengeance
MAACA Grand Wizard

Re: Announcing Canada PinCon 2018 - Progression

Postby Vengeance » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 am

Would love to have supported, it but you know

https://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa15/
Adam B.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am

Amazing!!! Thank you so much for putting this together Chris!
GTB Sure Shot (loan), BLY Goofy, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
WANTED: 1930s bagatelles
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Astro Invader
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am

AWESOME Chris!!
Will be there for sure ,will surely bring a pin and My MORTAL KOMBAT 2 DEDICATED ORIGINAL ARCADE MACHINE TO HOST the tournement on saturday afternoon.
Once again thx alot for letting me make this happen.
Lots of people have shown interest and its going to be a great Challenge!
I now have something planned the first week end of june for the rest of my life!!
See you all there and it for shure will be a blast!
Cheers
Yan

Xylog
MAACA Mage

Postby Xylog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:53 am

My entire collection (minus the shuffle bowler... ain't moving THAT) shall be there!

I will offer transport services like last year to any who would like it. Bring your machine(s) to my garage & I'll make sure that it arrives safely.

GAME ON!
Flash Gordon,Spy Hunter (Pinball),Pinbot,Kick Off
RollerGames,Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis (Bally)
Civic Center,Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 pm

It's going to be another great convention!
Thanks for putting this together Chris!

shane
MAACA Mage

Postby shane » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 pm

Won't be missing it this year.
How many pins were there last year?
Shane.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:23 am

shane wrote:Won't be missing it this year.
How many pins were there last year?

104 machines I believe. :D
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Stellar Wars, Beat The Clock, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Williams Blue-Chip
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire!, Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle
WTB: Punk!, Elektra, Spirit, Mars god of War, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora, Time Line, Medusa

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Chris,

Promising to be there for the weekend festivities. You will find me under one of my hats, not sure which one yet since my ex-girlfriend has kept my favorite hat on her mantle beast and won't return it until September. It was my favorite one really, light and beige with a blue ribbon to which I added a feather last summer. Great hat when the sun is heating things up since it was made of twine and well ventilated. Regardless, I will find another once spring arrives sometime this year.

From the looks of it, and at this juncture, I will be going to PinCon with the P1AG cube van and bringing the latest pins and pre-orders, whether they be NIB pins or parts. I will need help unloading and loading on Saturday morning and Sunday evening respectively. I think that I will be wearing a salesman hat that weekend for my employer and will constantly be on the phone with P1AG headquarters in order to guide me through this new endeavour.

God bless us all.

R.A.B.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Heisenberg
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Heisenberg » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:00 pm

You know where I will be that weekend.
"I am the one who knocks"

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Week end Bump!! :mrgreen:
Btw really nice work on the poster Jason!
Yan

pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight

Postby pharoah007 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Does the venue allow overnight RV camping?
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 am

pharoah007 wrote:Does the venue allow overnight RV camping?

No I tried. I could only get the one for security purposes. The venue is 100% secure and has cameras and alarms. Voyageur Campground is about 15 minutes down the road. I like it there.

pharoah007
MAACA Death Knight

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Chris Silver wrote:
pharoah007 wrote:Does the venue allow overnight RV camping?

No I tried. I could only get the one for security purposes. The venue is 100% secure and has cameras and alarms. Voyageur Campground is about 15 minutes down the road. I like it there.

Thanks
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky

"I don't give a Fvck"
- Honey Badger

"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi

" The Honey Badger wants some bananas"
- Woody

"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes

I am with us.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:35 pm

News Feed

Kingston Billiards and Games is talking about bringing another 30 machines all for sale and all on freeplay! Chris and his crew will be bringing everything from pinball machines to all sorts of arcade machines including sit down racers. Easy loading and unloading directly from the arena floor at Canada PinCon makes life that much easier so you can load your purchases directly into your vehicle.

Player One Amusement Group will be coming. They are be bringing an unknown number of machines old and brand new. P1AG will be making an announcement in the near future.

The Church of the Silverball never miss an event and will be bringing all sorts of goodies for the Flea market and who knows what else.

Remember guys, there are a lot of maybes but they won't be added to the Holy List Of Pins until you can make a 99% confirmation to bring. We still have a little over a month and a half until Canada PinCon and the closer things get the more will be revealed. You are the people who make events like this happen so please bring your pins. Its like a car show. Show off and have a good time.

So far as of April 21st we have 42 machines confirmed to date.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Are there any nearby motels/hotels? Didn't see much in a cursory search.
GTB Sure Shot (loan), BLY Goofy, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
WANTED: 1930s bagatelles
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Dimension, 2001, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: R-Type (w/ship), Strider, Astro Invader
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 pm

cait001 wrote:Are there any nearby motels/hotels? Didn't see much in a cursory search.

The new arena will be 10 minutes up the road from last year. The hotels are still the same. There is motel Stephanie's ($90) and the Quality Inn ($120). Both very clean and proper. The voyager campground isn't far away either.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:12 am

Just a hair over a month to go and everything is coming together. :D

Beau's Brewery will be set up on the floor and selling their beer on tap at the Pin Bar.
Beau's will have a shuttle bus right outside the front doors of the arena.
Beau's will be providing Canada PinCon beer tokens for every functioning machine. Each contributor gets them accordingly.
Poutine Fest will be onsite again with a wide assortment of their best poutines.
The arena will be selling wines and spirits at the Pin Bar set up on the floor.
I expect to have a French punk rock band set up outside by the shuttle bus stop beside Poutine Fest.
We will have 2-3 tournaments. Two of them may be sanctioned IFPA tournaments. I might put one together for the kids.
Our friends from the Montreal Roller derby will be onsite and hopefully selling t-shirts

If anyone would like to get a machine in the area early this year I am accepting pins in my garage as of now same as last year. My garage is clean, safe and ready. There's always more plans in the works and I have a couple interesting possibilities. Post any questions you have. This will be another great year.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 am

For anyone who didn't catch the math, that's 2 separate bars in the Pin Bar.

The Multiball Shooter will be for sale again. For those who don't know what that is its a shooter I designed back for the 2016 Hawkesbury Flea Fair at the Olympia Bowl consisting of 50/50 Newfie Screech and Butter Ripple Schnapps. Smoooooooth and delicious. :)

I would also like to say that handicap access is even better than last year's venue not to mention the bathrooms are a lot better.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Nice interview with a great reporter. Close enough on the quotes. My local paper. I will remember you guys when I'm famous. ;)
Attachments
IMG_2443.JPG

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

You will hear this enough over the next few days... but I still wanna say it...

A heartfelt thanks to you for doing this.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Chris Silver wrote:Nice interview with a great reporter. Close enough on the quotes. My local paper. I will remember you guys when I'm famous. ;)

Don't sweat it Chris, the written media never get it "exactly" the way you said or meant it.

It is good press for the show and that is what matters, especially getting people who are not in the "know" about pinball to come out and enjoy the weekend and the vibe.

I am working hard on my end to make a bigger presence than I was anticipating a month or so ago. ;) I will do my part and a bit more to make this another fun show.

Especially glad that you got some good people in the nick of time to help you with the tourney and all the others in your entourage to help with the enormous amount of work that has to be done for something like this to be enjoyed by so many in our community and beyond. Keep moving forward dude, we are pumped about this gathering of friends and noobies. And like you said, that is the whole freakin' point of this gig - enjoyment, fun, social time in person and some competition.

Let's pump it up on the machine count folks and give ourselves a great summer weekend in June.

Yabo !!
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Sun May 13, 2018 6:46 am

One of our Hawkesbury local resto bar's Deja Vu will be bringing a pair of their San Francisco Rush the Rock sit down racers for sale.

It appears we will have a special display section and "seminar" type discussion with some ancient machines RAB, Cait001 and Pindude152 will be bringing. These are some rare antiques from the earliest days of commercial pinball. They will have a tent set up in the courtyard encompassing the food court. With trial and error out of the way from the first year's layout I'll be placing the flea market, vendor's village, ticket sales and the special display all in a courtyard surrounding the bars and food court.

We have 20 days to go until Canada PinCon.

The top post in this thread has been corrected and updated so look at the top for the current updates.

Any questions?

nostalgiaqc
MAACA Mage

Postby nostalgiaqc » Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Chris Silver wrote:One of our Hawkesbury local resto bar's Deja Vu will be bringing a pair of their San Francisco Rush the Rock sit down racers for sale.

It appears we will have a special display section and "seminar" type discussion with some ancient machines RAB, Cait001 and Pindude152 will be bringing. These are some rare antiques from the earliest days of commercial pinball. They will have a tent set up in the courtyard encompassing the food court. With trial and error out of the way from the first year's layout I'll be placing the flea market, vendor's village, ticket sales and the special display all in a courtyard surrounding the bars and food court.

We have 20 days to go until Canada PinCon.

The top post in this thread has been corrected and updated so look at the top for the current updates.

Any questions?

Keep it up Bud!
Thx again!
See you there and well Talk soon to organizing
Cheers
Yan

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

Canada PinCon set up hours at Vankleek Hill arena are as follows:

Wednesday 8 AM to 4 PM
Thursday 8 AM to 4 PM
Friday 8 AM until 10 PM maybe 11 PM
Saturday morning 8 AM so far. The event starts at 10 AM so get your butt moving! Lol

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”