From PinCon to Pin Up

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

From PinCon to Pin Up

Post by Chris Silver »

I had the pleasure last night of meeting Che Curnew the owner of Pin Up Arcade Bar in Waterloo. We sat for a bit and chatted about the important things in life (Pinball). He has fabricated a wonderful and unique business around a hobby we all appreciate.

I look at Pin Up, North Star, Targ and The Neighbourhood Pub to find nothing cookie cutter between them. They all have a unique style and demographic.

Short of rambling on forever about my visit to the Pin Up Arcade Bar, if you're ever in the Waterloo area - hell even if you're not, you need to make the pilgrimage and visit this fine establishment.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: From PinCon to Pin Up

Post by singlezero »

ive been hoping for an excuse to make it down that way to check it out. im sure the opportunity will arise sooner than later im about 2 hours away. i havent checked out northstar but if i have the opportunity to take a trip to halifax this summer itll be one of those points of interest. i have stopped at macflys in quebec city but it has been a few years. checking the facebook , it seems they have upgraded their pins a bit from the last time i was there, i do like the ambience of that corner neighbourhood bar too.

Che
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Che »

Thanks for stopping in Chris; It was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you in person.

I don’t know how you’ve mustered the time and energy to do what you’ve done and continue to do with PinCon, but it’s an amazing thing, and my hats off to you for it.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

also Tilt Toronto! very much agreed
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

Still in the area? I have some machines that need play testing before Pincon :)
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

uberhare wrote:Still in the area? I have some machines that need play testing before Pincon :)
Hey Jason,

I can leave Cambridge just after 8:30am and can spare a couple hours. I'll text you shortly.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

:thumbup
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II