laniel automatic

Talk about anything that you would like.
raddioguy
MAACA Newb

laniel automatic

Postby raddioguy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi I Use To Work Next Door To Laniel Automatic.......My Place Was A Record Dealer 45rpm.......Laniel Was A Place That Sold Jukeboxes And Pinball Machines....Use To Go Next Door And Try Out All The New Pinball Machines........Johnny (Montreal)

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Re: laniel automatic

Postby Chris Silver » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Cool and convenient. Are you looking for some of the old employees that used to work there? Do you have any old stock or nostalgic items from the store?
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Time Fantasy
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

davidlldennis
MAACA Silent Type

Postby davidlldennis » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:42 pm

My machine has the Laniel stamp on the bottom. Most of the pinball machines here on the East coast came from them...

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:16 am

raddioguy wrote:Hi I Use To Work Next Door To Laniel Automatic.......My Place Was A Record Dealer 45rpm.......Laniel Was A Place That Sold Jukeboxes And Pinball Machines....Use To Go Next Door And Try Out All The New Pinball Machines........Johnny (Montreal)

There was Trans-Canada records and Nasdisq renting units at 151 Rockland back in the day.

Which one did you work for and in what years raddioguy ?

I'd be interested to know.

Story of Laniel Amusements to Laniel Canada & Laniel Automatic

http://www.montrealpinball.com/blog/sto ... link&id=41

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

pinhead
MAACA Motormouth

Postby pinhead » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:30 pm

R.A.B. wrote:

Rob

Reading that article about Laniel Automatic still brings a tear to my eye. I am lucky enough to have bought games from them, bought parts, went to seminars, met some really great people.

It felt like when they shut down, the amusement business in Canada was done. Well it is because we don't have a distributor that cares anymore.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:51 pm

I have had several games with the Laniel stamp on the bottom of the cabinet.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, Austin Powers
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, HS2: Getaway, Demolition Man, Fish Tales
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Nothing
Bally: Future Spa
Williams: Laser Ball, Big Guns

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

luch
MAACA Silent Type

Postby luch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:30 pm

DSC00706.JPG
a plaque I have

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:06 am

pinhead wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:

Rob

Reading that article about Laniel Automatic still brings a tear to my eye. I am lucky enough to have bought games from them, bought parts, went to seminars, met some really great people.

It felt like when they shut down, the amusement business in Canada was done. Well it is because we don't have a distributor that cares anymore.

Hey Geoff, I know what you mean. I am constantly told that the world has changed and that we can't do much about it. But you know what, I will try anyway. There is a way to build new things in this world with old time values and ride that for a while, and since you and I are not the future, a while might be all us old dogs need to make it to the end of the line happy and making good things happen regardless of the anxious, sped up and nervous world around us. I know that some people no longer believe that the latter is possible, and that profit is the sole and primary goal of any entreprise. I believe that making money is fun, but making it the only goal of a project sure as shit is making things dull and one dimensional in these times and by the same token is certainly taking alot of the colour out of the work we are asked to do. Anyway, I am not going to let that kind of bullshit infect my life any more if I can help it.

I know Alouette no longer has any product lines (they use to have Wurlitzer, Bally, Merit, Touchtunes and I.C.E.) but I hate to see this place go, boss is 87 and it is only a matter of time. There is no one left here in the old guard to build up this cool place again. It will take new blood, and I would prefer to associate myself and work with new old blood for any future projects I have in mind. New old blood is the schnitzel of this amusement game business. N.O.B., love it ! :lol:
A gang of weathered, knowledgable, cranky, savvy retired guys with pensions who need a place to go any day of the week and feel useful if they choose to. A sort of co-op clubhouse/business project that produces something other than just profit.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 am

R.A.B. wrote:A gang of weathered, knowledgable, cranky, savvy retired guys with pensions who need a place to go any day of the week and feel useful if they choose to. A sort of co-op clubhouse/business project that produces something other than just profit.

That glimmer of a project reminds me of the Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”