Coil Emergency Ottawa Show

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Coil Emergency Ottawa Show

Post by Chris Silver »

I need a Bally coil AQ-25-500 to bring my Silverball Mania to the Ottawa Show this weekend. I just blew it before packing up.

Can anyone spare one and bring it Friday evening? I'll give you $20 even if it's used.

I need to install it Friday night and can't be back until Sunday morning so timings critical.

Thanks in advance. Chris
Last edited by Chris Silver on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

geester
MAACA New Contributor

Re: Coul Emergency Ottawa Show

Post by geester »

Done deal Chris, without the 20$.
Pins: Fish Tales.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: Coul Emergency Ottawa Show

Post by Chris Silver »

geester wrote:Done deal Chris, without the 20$.
Thanks Guy. You're a savior. I'll bring some top shelf parking lot rum for a sit down. :D
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Coil Emergency Ottawa Show

Post by sylvain »

I am sure you already know, but indicating here for the general public with less pinball repair experience who might be reading:

Make sure you also address the reason the original coil burned.
Otherwise the replacement one will burn soon after replacement.

Cheers,
-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

sylvain wrote:I am sure you already know, but indicating here for the general public with less pinball repair experience who might be reading:

Make sure you also address the reason the original coil burned.
Otherwise the replacement one will burn soon after replacement.

Cheers,
-Sylvain.
Good point. Machine gunning flipper.

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Ah, it is a flipper coil with two windings, thanks for the detail.
AQ-25-500/34-4500 ?

Machine-gunning is usually caused by the small weak fine wire 'hold' coil being opened (the 34-4500 portion here).
The break of the small wire is often at one of the coil lug.

-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Chris Silver »

sylvain wrote:Ah, it is a flipper coil with two windings, thanks for the detail.
AQ-25-500/34-4500 ?

Machine-gunning is usually caused by the small weak fine wire 'hold' coil being opened (the 34-4500 portion here).
The break of the small wire is often at one of the coil lug.

-Sylvain.
Yes. I don't believe the worlds best solder job would have kept it alive over the weekend. I have a handful from past machines I haven't thrown out thinking "someday" there'll be a cure. ;)

See you this weekend Sylvain.

eightball
MAACA New Contributor

Post by eightball »

I have a spare of this exact coil , so if you’re still looking for one tomorrow hit me up! I’ll be at the sports plex tomorrow morning.
Playing: Eight Ball, Sky Jump, Paragon, Dirty Harry, AC/DC pro
Gone but not forgotten: Harlem Globetrotters
Wanted: More space for pinball machines