OPGS GoFundMe Created!

Talk about anything that you would like.
Vengeance
MAACA Grand Wizard

Re: OPGS GoFundMe Created!

Postby Vengeance » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:05 pm

opgs.png
Adam B.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Can this photo get added to the gofundme to show what might have been? Maybe also the walkthrough video?
Attachments
IMG_20180927_151341.jpg
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

dr.nybble
MAACA Mage

Postby dr.nybble » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:13 pm

I posted to pinside, hopfully it will rustle up a few more bucks: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... rother-out

Feel free to bump it :-)
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

frolic

Postby frolic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Cool, I'll post to that thread.

Chnillapoil
MAACA Warrior

Postby Chnillapoil » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks Josh for your involvment.
HIGH SPEED 1986
PIN*BOT 1986
TAXI 1988
VOLLEY 1976
MAME MARIO BROS 1983
RACER BY MIDWAY 1975
FATHOM 1980
MS PACMAN (cocktail project)

uncleboo
MAACA Mage

Postby uncleboo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Done !
Pins
STERN SPIDER-MAN , FISH TALES, EBD 1st Edition ,SKYJUMP

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Wow! This is awesome guys! We just broke through the $2500 barrier!

Thank you for posting to IFPA, Pinside! That's sure to help out!

I will see if I can add the IFPA info and the Video to the GoFundMe page!

Awesome stuff! Keep it coming!

shane
MAACA Mage

Postby shane » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Just looked, $2750 by 46 donors!!

So cool this hobby,
such a cross section of different people, all there for one reason primarily. Very cool.

The passion for Pinball I saw last weekend I had never seen live in person before. Only my second pinshow ( opgs 15 )
People unloading and setting up on Saturday with no power. That act alone to me describes a lot.
Josh, we only met Friday morning when things were looking normal. I introduced myself, shook your hand and you were very welcoming.( I did bring timbits) You allowed me to help as much as I was comfortable with. Very cool. I'm no guru but I tried to help Guard and tiny rodent and pinhead as much as I could without getting in the way.
Consequently I got to meet a bunch of folks, See my old friend from high school days Dirty Donny ( flashback ) . And hear some good stories. I think I also bought a night rider........ :D
Anyhow, what i saw last weekend I want a lot more of, just add a few hundred amps.
You sir, are a MADTITAN.
Shane.

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:03 pm

shane wrote:Just looked, $2750 by 46 donors!!

So cool this hobby,
such a cross section of different people, all there for one reason primarily. Very cool.

The passion for Pinball I saw last weekend I had never seen live in person before. Only my second pinshow ( opgs 15 )
People unloading and setting up on Saturday with no power. That act alone to me describes a lot.
Josh, we only met Friday morning when things were looking normal. I introduced myself, shook your hand and you were very welcoming.( I did bring timbits) You allowed me to help as much as I was comfortable with. Very cool. I'm no guru but I tried to help Guard and tiny rodent and pinhead as much as I could without getting in the way.
Consequently I got to meet a bunch of folks, See my old friend from high school days Dirty Donny ( flashback ) . And hear some good stories. I think I also bought a night rider........ :D
Anyhow, what i saw last weekend I want a lot more of, just add a few hundred amps.
You sir, are a MADTITAN.

I see $2700 by 49 people. :?:

I have to be honest, I really didn't think we'd break through $2K. I am so glad the pinball community is proving me wrong! :D On our way to $3K! This is really going to help keep the show going! Keep those donations coming!!!

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 pm

$3000!!! I am humbled just watching the donations come in. I can only imagine how Josh feels. Donations are coming in from far and wide now!

I was able to add the photos and videos to the campaign. Just click on the UPDATES section to view them. Please let me know if anything needs editing!

Thank you!!!

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:42 pm

If anyone has twitter, please promote this tweet for further exposure https://twitter.com/PinballWomenOtt/sta ... 8803935232
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm

cait001 wrote:If anyone has twitter, please promote this tweet for further exposure https://twitter.com/PinballWomenOtt/sta ... 8803935232

Yes please.

FYI... I lowered the campaign goal down to $8000. Josh had given me $7000 + some outstanding invoices so I had the goal at $10K. However, I didn't want the goal to be too far out of reach, and $10K seemed a long ways away from $7000. I didn't want anyone thinking we were asking for more than was required. The goal amount has proved to be the most difficult thing to keep balanced in this campaign. Maybe I'm just overthinking it...

I also posted the link with a quick blurb in the Canadian Pinball Thread on Pinside and pointed them to dr nybble's thread.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:17 am

So far so good! I just sent in my donation.

On a personal note, I do believe that we needed this as much as Josh does. With all that is happening in the hobby, with values climbing astronomically, machines getting somewhat hard to find and parts not always abundant, we tend to lose a very important aspect to the hobby... if not the most important one...

The human aspect.

Pinball and videogames have given us so many memories of getting together with friends and just having a great time. So, with the effort of people like Josh, we get to rekindle those contacts and emotions. And in this tragic case, not only has Josh taken a hit, but so has the entire community in Ottawa.

It unfortunately takes tragic events to realign ourselves. Myself definitely included. Put away differences and rely on what we have in common. So, this is our chance. This is already way beyond just helping a good friend financially... this is about going back to our roots. Our humanity.

In 2010, this scruffy kid named Josh came to me and said that he was going to do a pinball show. I told him that many tried and failed. I could not be happier to have been proven wrong a short time after.

Now... it's our turn. Let's show them all that we can all get together, thank Josh for all he has done, and help out as much as we can.

So... donate 5$, or 500$. Regardless of the amount, every donation is a thanks to Josh, a helping hand to a community hit hard, and is a part of something great, for all.

Have a great weekend!

Ian
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

MadTitan
MAACA Priest

Postby MadTitan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 am

I honestly can't thank everybody enough for all this support and generosity. The list of donors is incredible! It has been logged and will be kept close to me forever. In better times, I will return the favor in some way or another. Firstly, I need to make sure that OPGS 2019 is a real banger!

This community on MAACA is directly responsible for every endeavor I've had the gumption to take a stab at. There would be no OPGS, no House of Targ, etc. Without this community there would never have been a PINCON or Hawkesbury Flea Fair, and I'm sure many of you on this forum can pin maaca on a 6 degrees of separation list to something incredibly positive in your lives. I'm just blown away that after all these years to come full circle. The community that inspired the direction I would take my life is now the community saving it.

I quite litterally owe you everything MAACA

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:20 am

I am very proud of this community, like Sparky said, this is the positive vibe that we all needed in these sad times.

Josh, you deserve it.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

neo_geo
MAACA Collaborator

Postby neo_geo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 am

Sorry to have heard what happened. I hope no one got injured and everyone is safe now. It's times like this I wish I had a FB account as it's quite powerful to share such a cause and spread the word. I've seen this was posted on Pinballrevolution and Pinside which is awesome. Good luck!
Wanted: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure, White Water, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Haunted House, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation

4eyes
MAACA Collaborator

Postby 4eyes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:52 am

Added to the pot .... bump
AFM, STTNG, TZ, TOM, FH, WW, TAF, JP, EBD, DISE

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah no offense to the games in my basement, you're fine games, but playing them in my basement doesn't compare to joy of sharing them with everyone else.

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Over $3700 dollars raised! Outstanding!

Question: When should the campaign end? I was thinking midnight Sunday but I am open to suggestions.

Guard
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Guard » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm

I'd personally would give it the work week. Last thing you want is people who'd like to help but aren't everyday regulars here like lots of us.....
PINS- Target Alpha/ Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Space Shuttle/Strange Science/Far Out/ Genesis/Bally Circus / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:10 pm

yeah give it at a week since it just went up stickied on pinside

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:21 pm

We are close to breaking $4000! I am simply amazed by the generosity of this community. Donations are coming in from all over, not just our Ottawa locals. It is wonderful getting to experience this first hand. Thank you to everyone that has donated!

As per your suggestions, I will be keeping the campaign alive until Oct 5th @ 12:00AM.

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:02 pm

$41 dollars away from $4000! If you have been hesitating to donate, now is the time! You could be the donation that hit's that new $4K mark!

Thank you once again to everyone for your support!

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 am

$4,220 from 78 donors!!! The campaign will remain open until midnight this Friday. Plenty of time to make those donations! Please help spread the word through social media!

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 pm

Cooooome on, 5000$!!! We can do it!!!

This is amazing...
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”