thunderbirds

Talk about anything that you would like.
butch

thunderbirds

Postby butch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:55 am

somebody here tried and play the THUNDERBIRDS pinball.........................how do do rate it.............opinions please

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Re: thunderbirds

Postby cap » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 am

butch wrote:somebody here tried and play the THUNDERBIRDS pinball.........................how do do rate it.............opinions please

Are you looking only for first hand accounts?
By the way, Homepin has created a new stainless steel ramp to replace the plastic ramp that had a tendency to cause air balls.
If they felt the need to do this, that should give you a hint for your answer. You need a review with the new ramp to be fair.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

Maken

Postby Maken » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:18 am

It's a POS... feels cheap and clunky with a bad layout and terrible theme. Seems like whoever made it is totally out to lunch, and it will certainly be a failure.

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am

Maken wrote:It's a POS... feels cheap and clunky with a bad layout and terrible theme. Seems like whoever made it is totally out to lunch, and it will certainly be a failure.

That's mostly what I read. Did you try it yourself?
It's the first time I hear it feels cheap though. They claim their cabinets are extra sturdy.
I tend to disagree on the theme. The Thunderbirds are super cool.
This pin's nostalgia only works if you were a fan of the show when you were a kid.
I have the same problem with the Munsters pin. I never watched the show, so why should I care?
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

butch

Postby butch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:41 pm

as anyboby seen the MUNSTERS playfield yet

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:15 pm

butch wrote:as anyboby seen the MUNSTERS playfield yet

Just those leaked cabinet pictures which were not final anyway.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... st-4653679

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm

So many themes I don't know about or care about, it's all about the gameplay! Which apparently Thunderbirds does not have....
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Murphelman
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Murphelman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:45 pm

I heard more than once from people who played that they just wanted to walk away in the middle of their game. Doesn't look good.
Own
Stern: Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Avatar, Star Wars
Williams: Shadow
Data East: Robocop, Jurassic Park (Babysitting)
Bally: Judge Dredd, Elvira
Gottlieb: Genie, Deadly Weapon

Wishlist
Baywatch, T3, Transformers, X-Men, Future Spa, Wild Fyre, Paragon, Metallica, GnR

http://www.pinballowners.com/murphelman

:mrgreen:

Maken

Postby Maken » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm

cap wrote:
Maken wrote:It's a POS... feels cheap and clunky with a bad layout and terrible theme. Seems like whoever made it is totally out to lunch, and it will certainly be a failure.

That's mostly what I read. Did you try it yourself?
It's the first time I hear it feels cheap though. They claim their cabinets are extra sturdy.
I tend to disagree on the theme. The Thunderbirds are super cool.
This pin's nostalgia only works if you were a fan of the show when you were a kid.
I have the same problem with the Munsters pin. I never watched the show, so why should I care?

Yes I played it. Could be that it was part of a pinball show and the machine was in heavy use, but the pops and flippers felt weak.

Honestly, I thought it was laughably bad with zero redeeming features. Not enough shots. Bunch of plastic crap thrown everywhere, a ramp that goes nowhere. Terrible clunky shots, not smooth or satisfying. A DMD instead of a proper screen for 2018. Artwork looks cheaply thrown together. It's like playing a bad early Data East machine.

But maybe you'd like it! :lol:

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Maken wrote:It's like playing a bad early Data East machine.
But maybe you'd like it! :lol:

Maybe I would, I own two Data East machines after all.
I really want to like that machine once I try it, but everything I hear says otherwise.

uberhare
MAACA Barbarian

Postby uberhare » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Too bad, I had hope for this one. Except his distribution method sucked anyways.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”