Your Pinball Status 2019

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Your Pinball Status 2019

Post by Chris Silver »

What are your plans for pinball in 2019? Are you buying, selling, going somewhere, searching for that 1 special pin, starting a league, hosting a tournament?
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Re: Your Pinball Status 2019

Post by Chris Silver »

As for myself, technically I'm "maxed out". I could hold 10 pins in my basement arcade and I could also start looking for a new wife. :lol:

I'm not exactly sure when I started collecting, but I believe it was around 2007 and unintentional. Since then I've gone through around 22 machines. I'm at a point now that I can invest my finances in improving the quality instead of players condition quantity I've been struggling to increase on a tight budget.

2019 for me isn't too foggy. I'm investing heavily into acquiring 2 machines. One is a great pin my solid buddy is letting me make payments on and the other has been my grail pin for years that another close friend and brilliant resource has located just by being so deep into the business for years. I'm excited to aim in this new direction. In the past I've search hard far and wide to find something "cool". I'm at a point now where I can be more selective. The difficult thing now is to avoid looking at kijiji and other places for fear of finding a deal or straying from my goal.

OK so for 2019 I aim to:
1) Obtain 2 important pins to me
2) Buy a garage pin for the summer (robbed that concept from Azatoht and enjoyed doing so each year)
3) Take my first Allentown pilgrimage
4) Trade a pin with Hiesenburg
5) Hold the Hawkesbury Flea Fair or possibly Canada PinCon 2019
6) Visit pinball friends and the Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto pinball bars
7) Hang with the Borderland Pinball Collective
8) Cap kit EBD LE and ground mod Black Hole
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Cool thread Chris.

I have room for a massive amount of pins but I'm limited to 3. This is an agreement that I have made with my wife. Currently I'm working on a 'garage' pin although it is technically in my basement. I've been priced out of DMD machines so, my goal is to look at EM's for a bit and learn how to fix them from scratch. I'm in pretty deep with my first EM but I think it is right on the verge of being reliable. I have a second EM coming up from Guelph today. I'm looking forward to having two machines again. One that has the hood constantly up while I'm doing repairs and another one that I can play. Ha!

I don't recall when I was absorbed into the pinball collective but I have zero regrets. This community just gives and gives.

As far as secondary goals... I would say I might (BIG might) try repairing and repainting a cabinet this summer.

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

I will sell two pins (viper and Iron Maiden) and buy a NIB one. I will finish my nine ball project. Allentown is already plan. Enjoy my pinball league and my collection.
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

My plan is to pick up one higher end pin at Allentown. Going to need to sell a couple of games i already have and save until May.

All that is also dependant on getting another year out of my 2 old vehicles. ...well over 700,000 km between them.

And of course attend whatever Ottawa Valley shows spring up.....it wouldn't be summer if I didn't go home sore from helping set up pins.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Fifty wrote:Cool thread Chris.

I have room for a massive amount of pins but I'm limited to 3. This is an agreement that I have made with my wife. Currently I'm working on a 'garage' pin although it is technically in my basement. I've been priced out of DMD machines so, my goal is to look at EM's for a bit and learn how to fix them from scratch. I'm in pretty deep with my first EM but I think it is right on the verge of being reliable. I have a second EM coming up from Guelph today. I'm looking forward to having two machines again. One that has the hood constantly up while I'm doing repairs and another one that I can play. Ha!

I don't recall when I was absorbed into the pinball collective but I have zero regrets. This community just gives and gives.

As far as secondary goals... I would say I might (BIG might) try repairing and repainting a cabinet this summer.
Well thats the only thing this Volley could use is some cabinet [touch up] love.....it plays great.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

My plan is to get even more game ready for the OPGS. Superman is going to be one that I will get working soon, then Frontier, then Eight Ball Champ.

I also want to move/trade a couple Black Knights lol.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by hyann »

Finish my project:

1. Taxi: I have this project for over a decade... guess it's time to play a game :) Probably try the Hardtop way to restore the playfield (already sanded/leveled the inserts but not sure I'm ready to make touch-up/clearcoat.

2. Super Soccer: Garbage pin (It was given to me for fixing a machine). Bought a nice BG from Sparky few years ago so I will try to save it. This pin clearly stayed outside, rusty and mechanics jammed and the paint on the playfield is planking. A lot of work to do.

Maybe I will buy a cheap EM project... or maybe not if I didn't want to be infected again :)

Tuning my other pins

1. Ice Fever: Need to rebuild flippers and fix a pop bumper.

2. Gottlieb Spiderman: Adjust a few switches.

Not pin related
Adjust the sensor on my Cougar dart machine and finish my portable mame in a Supernintendo case.
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

tombiosis
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by tombiosis »

I plan to finally get my initials on my bbh. (Without resetting)
:mrgreen:
Pins: 8BDlx, Rush Pro, The Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Deadpool Pro, Tommy.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Fish Tales, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II, Sure Shot, Firepower, Big Buck Hunter Pro, JP pro, EBD1984.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

DrDude
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by DrDude »

Great topic: Better than dumb resolutions!
  • - Finally find "my" Catacomb
    - Finish my Nineball and Centaur restorations (so close to being done, but now being used as horizontal-ish surfaces to store stuff)
    - Begin the Black Hole restoration (got depressed and stalled due to finding out a certain infamous former "friend" had swapped out the sound-board for an incompatible, likely broken board)
    - Participate in at least one Pinball show (meaning bring-a-game)
    - Reconnect with Pinball-friends like Dwight that I haven't seen in a _long_ time due to too much job-pressure
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

I've been pretty focused on doing pinhistory research and such. My main goal for 2019 is to do up the pinhistory booth at OPGS bigger and better than even last year's impressive (alas, tornado-attacked) setup.
- get all of the machines I've got now into decent working order
- probably sell Sure Shot (a good garage pin / tinker pin for all of you looking for one)
- set up more older games in the space Sure Shot frees up
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

Here is my 2019 to do list:

- Organize and clean my work benches because they never seem to stay clean or organized FFS
- Try and finish at least 2 more projects from the lot I have in the queue to work on
- Try and participate more in the Ottawa pinball community while being respectful of needed family time
- Help a friend when possible to construct a very exciting new games room garage
- Add a Diner pin to complete my Mark Ritchie trifecta collection that includes Fish Tales and Taxi
- Come to a final decision on how to manage beverage cooling in my gamesroom
- Hit up Allentown and actually try to take in the show while feasting on all the fairground delicacies we all know and love
- Long shot - remodel my games room bathroom / library

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

My plans for 2019 is to complete the actual Flight 2000 project.
And next, the multivector project. I have all in hand, space duel cabinet, vector monitor, ZVG zektor generator card, ensoniq pci dos compatible sound card (made in USA !!), control panels, joysticks and etc ...

It should look like this at the end:
Attachments
IMG_6366.JPG
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

I would like to own a good Stern title again, no plans right now but fingers crossed for a prosperous 2019 :mrgreen:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

redketchup
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by redketchup »

redketchup wrote:I will sell two pins (viper and Iron Maiden) and buy a NIB one. I will finish my nine ball project. Allentown is already plan. Enjoy my pinball league and my collection.
first part of the plan done! Viper and Maiden gone!
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Flight 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Stargazer, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Wurlitzer 41, 700, 750e, 1100, 1900, 1700, Rockola 1428, tempo 1, seeburg HF 100R, VL 200, Ami I
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Murphelman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Murphelman »

I have some goals this year.

1. Competetively I would like to break the top 500 on IFPA before I hit my two year anniversary playing competetivly. That also means I want to work on my consistency and accuracy.

2. I want to get the Twilight Zone I bought last November fully working. Getting close.

3. I want to make my game room even better than it is. Would love to add more classic games to my collection. I feel like I am lacking in that area.

4. Finish my garage into a second game room for more games and perhaps a stand up arcade game along with some classic pinball machines. Wife hates arcade machines and does not want them in the house. Garage does not count right?

5. I want to get better at diagnosing and repairing games. I love that part of the hobby and am always trying to learn.
Last edited by Murphelman on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own
Stern: , Iron Maiden, Godzilla, TMNT., Foo Fighters, Rush, Meteor
Bally/Williams:Dr. Who, Jack*Bot, Demo Man,
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Strange World
Bally: 8 Ball Deluxe
Williams:
JJP: N/A
Wishlist
Baywatch, Starship Troopers, Taxi

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Murphelman wrote:4. Finish my garage into a second game room for more games and perhaps a stand up arcade game along with some classic pinball machines. Wife hates arcade machines and does not want them in the house. Garahe does not count right?
5. I want to get better at diagnosing and repairing games. I love that part of the hobby and am always trying to learn.
A great list, but for your garage are you going to insulate it?
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Murphelman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Murphelman »

cait001 wrote:A great list, but for your garage are you going to insulate it?
Absolutely. Going to finish it into another room. Insulated, flooring, etc. Been here 12 years and never parked a car in it
Own
Stern: , Iron Maiden, Godzilla, TMNT., Foo Fighters, Rush, Meteor
Bally/Williams:Dr. Who, Jack*Bot, Demo Man,
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Strange World
Bally: 8 Ball Deluxe
Williams:
JJP: N/A
Wishlist
Baywatch, Starship Troopers, Taxi

Drano
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Drano »

I've been cutting back steadily, so that's been job #1 for a while.
I also wanted to add some variety to the game-room and brought my vids downstairs (sacrificing a few pinball spots in the process).
Super Sprint was restored over the holidays and my Pacman cocktail is nearing completion too.

In 2019 I just want to finish up a couple of outstanding restores (Fathom, Cactus Canyon and Space Shuttle) and I'd love to find an EM arcade game to clean up and restore as well. Maybe a gun game or a sub/scope game. I'd love to add one fo these to the mix in my EM area.

I've also carved out some garage space to build an N scale train setup with my kids. Looking forward to that too!

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by paidge »

First, completely finalize EBD, Centaur and Fathom and put them all 3 at the same place (home or office, I don't know yet).

Second, Finish 3 restoration projects I have on the table (MB, TOTAN, TOTAN)

Third, try to trade TOTAN for a nice TAF

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Guard »

Murphelman wrote:I have some goals this year.

4. Finish my garage into a second game room for more games and perhaps a stand up arcade game along with some classic pinball machines. Wife hates arcade machines and does not want them in the house. Garage does not count right?

Make sure you go all the way....I was in the same boat, built a garage years ago and never parked on it. Went with heated floor, woodstove, et al.....don't regret it for a second.
Attachments
20190122_135527.jpg
20190122_135547.jpg

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Ricker »

Well I hope to finally get my "holy grail pin" called Cosmic Gunfight in 2019. I have played it many times and came close 2x to buying one only to have it sold even though I said yes. I learned that no deal is complete until the cash is in hand and the pin is in the vehicle! But that is what makes this hobby so interesting, there is always something to search for and there are so many great games out there.
I will also keep working on a few of my project pins to get them back to life! Then it will be time to flip out!
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

shane
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by shane »

Good Topic.

Few goals,

Play more pinball for sure. Try to get better....... :FP:
Try to get to Targ more often. Sunday freeplay is cool.
Keep improving my pinball repair skills, an inevitability when owning pins (thanks to everyone who's helped)
Most importantly purchase a home where I can have all my "stuff" in one room ie: basement/ warm,dry garage. Fingers crossed this happens.
Start buying parts from Alouette or P1A as I just dropped 81$ beans on shipping from Marco today.
Ottawa Show and Pincon for sure.
Maybe a couple tournaments, can't get better unless you play.........
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

cap
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 30 times

Post by cap »

shane wrote:Good Topic.
Start buying parts from Alouette or P1A as I just dropped 81$ beans on shipping from Marco today.
Did you compare ordering at PlayerOne and have it shipped?
Here is the new on-line store http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/

Alouette can order at Marcos or pinballresource for you to save shipping. Pick up only.
Judge Dredd, Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat

pinhead
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by pinhead »

DrDude wrote:Great topic: Better than dumb resolutions!
  • - Finally find "my" Catacomb
    - Finish my Nineball and Centaur restorations (so close to being done, but now being used as horizontal-ish surfaces to store stuff)
    - Begin the Black Hole restoration (got depressed and stalled due to finding out a certain infamous former "friend" had swapped out the sound-board for an incompatible, likely broken board)
    - Participate in at least one Pinball show (meaning bring-a-game)
    - Reconnect with Pinball-friends like Dwight that I haven't seen in a _long_ time due to too much job-pressure

Dude, I would be okay with you putting my Catacomb back together and you could keep it for a long time. It is complete but probably not working lol.
At least you could enjoy one while you look for your own.

What are friends for?
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/