Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Re: Hawkesbury Flea Fair 2019 Early Notice

Postby cait001 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Sparky wrote:
toastnjamma wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:This event will be closed from the public (collectors only) as it was prior to Canada PinCon.

How broad is your definition of collector? The games I own are in no way gamefloor-ready, so I would only be able to contribute financially.

Bring a game and we will fix it. Lol

yeah half of the fun is propping up a playfield and 3 people trying to get their heads inside to find the gremlins together
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Par Golf, 1960s Bingolette
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

uberhare
MAACA Barbarian

Postby uberhare » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Would love to come, but already booked for another event that weekend.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Only one game to bring?! That’s to easy. I’m going to be carrying the game to the bowling alley on my back to make up for the lack of work bringing in multiple games.

You're welcome to pack up and bring my game too if you miss all the work you did last year.. :D

geester
MAACA Collaborator

Postby geester » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:48 pm

Just finished my playfield swap on Centaur, enough room to bring it?
Pins: Fish Tales, Gorgar, Medusa, Centaur, BSD, Shadow, Mars Trek.

Home-built MAME Cabinet.

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:30 pm

I would love to be part of this. Diving into EM games has really made me appreciate them more. There are definitely one or two parts I could use.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 pm

geester wrote:Just finished my playfield swap on Centaur, enough room to bring it?

I don't think there are ANY space fears here.
Last time we had a few games spill into the bowling lanes area (oh Haunted House!!!) and there was tonnes of room for more.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Par Golf, 1960s Bingolette

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:11 pm

pretty sure I will bring Sure Shot and a handful of pinball history items

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Sounds like a hoot this summer in Hawkesbury. We all need something to look forward to and I can see that this thread by Chris has preceeded the yearly Allentown one, which in my mindset says two things :

1) we need something to look forward to right freakin' NOW as we live through this stupid screwy brutal winter

2) that our pinball shows are more accessible and cheaper (the U.S. dollar is a real hurdle right now, I am buying less parts, only what I really need)

Definitely in, along with the North Star van loaded to the top with parts and machines.

20180524_130031.jpg

@fifty - call me tomorrow at Alouette and we'll put a EM parts order in for you dude, glad you are seeing the light and appreciating the engineering of the electro-mechanical machines.

@ geester - I may not make it to Ottawa next weekend, family matters and such. Pindude152 is coming down to Alouette this week for parts and beers and pickles and good conversation at North Star, so I will send your parts back to Gatineau with him. The leds and lamps sockets for your Centaur playfield swap he already has as you know, and they are included in your purchase. Also my empty maple syrup bottle from the tornado OPGS weekend is coming your way as well. Please refill by fall as we look for spring to fill it up before the year 2020 looms before us.

20180323_183258.jpg
springtime must come first
Last edited by R.A.B. on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 pm

@R.A.B. Brutal winter is an understatement. I need a new Ax relay for my Surfer and a few other parts. I don't have a complete list compiled yet. Is that a 4 player Surfer (Surf Champ) I spy in your photo? Looks like a nice backglass!

geester
MAACA Collaborator

Postby geester » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks R.A.B. A new batch of maple gold will be boiling in the near future to refill it!
Pins: Fish Tales, Gorgar, Medusa, Centaur, BSD, Shadow, Mars Trek.

Home-built MAME Cabinet.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm

My biggest issue is deciding which I should bring... Thinking Rolling Stones.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 am

since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:24 am

cait001 wrote:since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.

Anyone is welcome to spread it to whomever they feel would benefit from a pinball related flea market and gathering.

I'll make an official post in the near future on Maaca and pinball revolution. We will be looking for a maximum 40 pinball machines. If we only get 15 that's fine. All I know is I will bring one. :D
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:54 am

Chris Silver wrote:
cait001 wrote:since this is for the collector community can we also spread it to pinside? I'm sure there are some NY state and Vermonters that would make the journey.

Anyone is welcome to spread it to whomever they feel would benefit from a pinball related flea market and gathering.

I'll make an official post in the near future on Maaca and pinball revolution. We will be looking for a maximum 40 pinball machines. If we only get 15 that's fine. All I know is I will bring one. :D

do it up as a google doc so we can register and dibs spots for machines

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:37 pm

cait001 wrote:
Chris Silver wrote:

do it up as a google doc so we can register and dibs spots for machines

You lost me at computer. ;)
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I will launch the official thread very early Saturday morning.

It would be nice to lock this thread so things don't get confusing.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Chris Silver wrote:I will launch the official thread very early Saturday morning.

It would be nice to lock this thread so things don't get confusing.

No worries. Just say when.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 pm

When.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:26 pm

How the hell do we actually get as much done as we do ???
Juvenile still. Love it. And sarcastic.. Perfect. Are we June 1-2 then bro?

I have to plan the escape from the big smoke...

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 am

WARLOCK wrote:How the hell do we actually get as much done as we do ???
Juvenile still. Love it. And sarcastic.. Perfect. Are we June 1-2 then bro?

I have to plan the escape from the big smoke...

Yes. First weekend in June. I've already reserve you a beer. :D

TwilightZone
MAACA Death Knight

Postby TwilightZone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:15 am

Last post before the lock LOL.

Looking forward to the Fair!
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Joomla CMS Hosting and Design - Ottawa Joomla Design
http://www.ottawajoomla.com

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am

Flashback pic before thread is locked ;)
20180602_140452.jpg

butch

Postby butch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:54 pm

if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll

cap
MAACA Barbarian

Postby cap » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm

butch wrote:if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll

I can offer you my help. I will also need help if you are available.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

butch

Postby butch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:58 pm

cap wrote:
butch wrote:if i can have help to get some out of my basement a maybe could bring a couple...........and to those near my place who wants to bring some i have a closed trailer that fits 5-6 pins i think (will see) lollll

I can offer you my help. I will also need help if you are available.

good we will keep in touch until then dont know what i will have then yet..................i like to move the line up...........you can also pv me thanks

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”