The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Talk about anything that you would like.
patmanqc

The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:01 am

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Re: The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Postby Sparky » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

I used to play this like crazy.... I would manage to finish the game without even getting touched. Good times. LOL
Because I can...

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 pm

I too played that game so much.
Still play it on MAME. At one point I wanted an original PCB, but even 6-7 years ago it cost over 500$

Bagdad
MAACA Mage

Postby Bagdad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:11 pm

J'avais ce jeu sur mon Turbo Grafix16 et j'ai tout perdu lors d'un déménagement. (Ou prêter à quelqu'un qui me la jamais redonné)…

Sa me fait vraiment chier... :(
Own: Diner / Hurricane / Who Dunnit
Looking for : JunkYard / Black Knight 2000 / Black Rose

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:28 pm

This game was the entire reason I bought a TurboGrafx-16 back in the day. It is also the sole reason I re-bought a TurboGrafx-16 ten years ago and it triggered my retro-collecting impulses which led me to frequent the PCEngineFX website which in turn led me to frequent another local video game forum (which I can't for the life of me remember the acronym for [EDIT] cgcc.ca) which led me to MAACA and re-introduced me to... wait for it... PINBALL.

I never put all the sequences of events together before, but Splatterhouse has basically been influencing my life for the last 28 years!!!
Last edited by Fifty on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patmanqc

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:49 pm

I never knew how censored the TurboGrafx version was until I played the original on mame years ago since I had never seen an actual arcade cabinet before.

patmanqc

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Fifty wrote:This game was the entire reason I bought a TurboGrafx-16 back in the day. It is also the sole reason I re-bought a TurboGrafx-16 ten years ago and it triggered my retro-collecting impulses which led me to frequent the PCEngineFX website which in turn led me to frequent another local video game forum (which I can't for the life of me remember the acronym for) which led me to MAACA and re-introduced me to... wait for it... PINBALL.

I never put all the sequences of events together before, but Splatterhouse has basically been influencing my life for the last 28 years!!!

LOL, that's hilarious . I can remember the first arcade game I played as a child which I believe was either some sort of black-and-white fire fighting game or a black-and-white bowling arcade game. I'm sure I was playing pinball before that but I don't recall which one it was. This had to be 1975 or 1976 so I was four or five.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”