The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Talk about anything that you would like.
patmanqc

The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:01 am

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Re: The History of Splatterhouse arcade documentary

Postby Sparky » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 pm

I used to play this like crazy.... I would manage to finish the game without even getting touched. Good times. LOL
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

Dave W.
MAACA Mage

Postby Dave W. » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 pm

I too played that game so much.
Still play it on MAME. At one point I wanted an original PCB, but even 6-7 years ago it cost over 500$

Bagdad
MAACA Mage

Postby Bagdad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:11 pm

J'avais ce jeu sur mon Turbo Grafix16 et j'ai tout perdu lors d'un déménagement. (Ou prêter à quelqu'un qui me la jamais redonné)…

Sa me fait vraiment chier... :(
Own: Diner / Hurricane / Who Dunnit
Looking for : JunkYard / Black Knight 2000 / Black Rose

Fifty
MAACA Warrior

Postby Fifty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:28 pm

This game was the entire reason I bought a TurboGrafx-16 back in the day. It is also the sole reason I re-bought a TurboGrafx-16 ten years ago and it triggered my retro-collecting impulses which led me to frequent the PCEngineFX website which in turn led me to frequent another local video game forum (which I can't for the life of me remember the acronym for) which led me to MAACA and re-introduced me to... wait for it... PINBALL.

I never put all the sequences of events together before, but Splatterhouse has basically been influencing my life for the last 28 years!!!

patmanqc

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:49 pm

I never knew how censored the TurboGrafx version was until I played the original on mame years ago since I had never seen an actual arcade cabinet before.

patmanqc

Postby patmanqc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Fifty wrote:This game was the entire reason I bought a TurboGrafx-16 back in the day. It is also the sole reason I re-bought a TurboGrafx-16 ten years ago and it triggered my retro-collecting impulses which led me to frequent the PCEngineFX website which in turn led me to frequent another local video game forum (which I can't for the life of me remember the acronym for) which led me to MAACA and re-introduced me to... wait for it... PINBALL.

I never put all the sequences of events together before, but Splatterhouse has basically been influencing my life for the last 28 years!!!

LOL, that's hilarious . I can remember the first arcade game I played as a child which I believe was either some sort of black-and-white fire fighting game or a black-and-white bowling arcade game. I'm sure I was playing pinball before that but I don't recall which one it was. This had to be 1975 or 1976 so I was four or five.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”