What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by Guard »

Finished rubbering and waxing up my Hit The Deck....what a great pin. Now working on Capt Card,I have never seen plastics so dirty with an almost red soil on them.
I thought the "wow" stepper was going to be a pain as it's right in the back of the cabinet but *crosses fingers* so far just the alcohol/qtip cleaning has got it counting again.
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Blackghost4
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

I went over yesterday to work on a Williams Expo that a sold to my friend. It was quite challenging but managed to fix the issues.
Attachments
20180325_085131.jpg
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980), Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990), Gottlieb Class of 1812 (1991), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980), Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Operation Thunder (1992), Gottlieb Diamond Lady (1988), Gottlieb Vulcan (1977), Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball), Bally World Cup Soccer 94 (1994), Bally Black Belt (1986), Gottlieb Gold Wings (1986)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968),Gottlieb Big Shot (1974)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad, Gottlieb Fun Land, Bally Future Spa, Gottlieb Buccaneer, Gottlieb Dancing Dolls, Gottlieb Striker, Gottlieb Bad Girls, Gottlieb Jacks To Open, Gottlieb Pro Football, Gottlieb Incredible Hulk

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Guard »

Disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled a score reel for the first time.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

Today I finally hung the raiders of the lost arcade sign. then after pulling out. The 6 or 7 machines underneath I decided I would finally redo the numbers sign on my bally batting practice . I had made one a few years ago But the material was too thick to shine the red through. I had gotten another decal made quote awhile ago. But never got around to installing it with its mask until now.
Attachments
IMG_20190114_2312003.jpg
IMG_20190114_2312170.jpg

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

singlezero wrote:Today I finally hung the raiders of the lost arcade sign. then after pulling out. The 6 or 7 machines underneath I decided I would finally redo the numbers sign on my bally batting practice . I had made one a few years ago But the material was too thick to shine the red through. I had gotten another decal made quote awhile ago. But never got around to installing it with its mask until now.
The Raiders of the Lost Arcade sign is very nifty. So tempting. But I knew I would obsess about getting the 'Arcade' neon redone. I'm clueless about that. Are you going to redo it, singlezero?

novaguy
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 2 times

Post by novaguy »

3 Shay glasses and 1 set of plastics ready to go.still waiting on 2 more glasses and 3 sets of plastics.
Attachments
IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

Playmatic Space Gambler plays!

After some troubleshooting, found a few intermittent cold solder joints on the transformer Jones plug in the head. Fixed.
Next issue: some targets did not score. Luckily the schematics proved them to be on the same switch matrix row.
Actual issue: it appears the wire for that switch row was incorrectly pinned at the factory in the connector housing.
Moved the circled wire to its expected proper spot one pin below, now all targets properly score.

Still a few minor issues, but will not do much more work, as the machine will be for sale as-is for cheap shortly. I need the space.

Cheers,
-Sylvain.
Attachments
DSCF0055.JPG
DSCF0060.JPG
DSCF0059.JPG
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by WARLOCK »

Nice Sylvain.

Pinoffski
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pinoffski »

I had to place another order for parts for fathom
Opened the package and :brickwall
Don't you just hate it when you miss some parts on a order ...DOH..

:FP:

Still need a blue 5X target as it was not in stock...

dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by dr.nybble »

Been buying a lot of little things to fix up BSD -- man it adds up! Just had to buy a rivet squeezer die, looking forward to being able to do my own rivets.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

MIkea
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by MIkea »

dr.nybble wrote:Been buying a lot of little things to fix up BSD -- man it adds up! Just had to buy a rivet squeezer die, looking forward to being able to do my own rivets.
Which rivet setup did you get?

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

I don't really come to this thread often but probably should a bit more. It is massive and topics intertwine.

As for today in the hobby, I played a couple games and could use a little time for playfield cleaning and adjustments. I'm content at the moment.

I'll be on my way to Ottawa this morning to see my accountant this afternoon. I'll be looking into doing something pinball related while I'm in town.

Today, I just put some more money aside for a very big and very important grail pin I've been waiting on for many years. All I can do is quietly wait for things to sort out at the other end. It's a hard to find oddball that I'm sure you guys will quite enjoy if it pans out. I will definitely be bringing it to the Hawkesbury Flea Fair if I get it and have time to fix it before then. This year's Flea Fair is going to be fantastic. Being a relatively "closed" event, I expect to see quite a few higher end and unique samples for our collector community to appreciate.

Besides that, today is a good day for some pinball. :)
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

for someone who doesn't have a lot of money I've been doing a lot of wheeling and dealing and negotiating and trading and bartering.
By the looks of it I will have helped like 7 new oddball machines get here for OPGS by the time summer ends, thanks to a wide roster of other collectors who share the same passion.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Welcome to the important thread (bro) Chris Silver.
Cait, Keep it up. The faith and all that you do is excellent.

I continue to do what I do...(Quietly, offline mostly.)
And I do declare that I I not quite ready to discuss it, yet.

Writer's privilege...
More soon...

Cheers.
Salut.

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Haven't done it yet, but today looks like a good day to wax playfields listening to the Zepplin box set I got from Dave W.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by uberhare »

I was watching old school Rock n Roll videos on Youtube today and found this:

Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

uberhare wrote:I was watching old school Rock n Roll videos on Youtube today and found this:
JP!

Awesome.

And I was just thinking I may need a haircut but after watching the video ... I may just let it grow! :rock

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Every day I strive to... ( DO SOMETHING! )
Do one thing. ( Sometimes, it is hard.)

Some days I... ( "DO" ) achieve it.
Others, not so much. It is life.

dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by dr.nybble »

MIkea wrote:
dr.nybble wrote:Been buying a lot of little things to fix up BSD -- man it adds up! Just had to buy a rivet squeezer die, looking forward to being able to do my own rivets.
Which rivet setup did you get?
Bought the 3" yoke version from here: https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/t ... ueezer.php

They only sell dies for solid rivets though. Have to get the tubular rivet die from somewhere else (I got it from https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/category-s/413.htm)
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

Pinoffski
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Pinoffski »

After many beers I decided to remove the factory Mylar

And ......I am hoping it’s going to workout..

Maybe I will be looking for a new playfield

Vectakk
MAACA New Contributor

Post by Vectakk »

Just finished to shopped my Midway - Total Carnage cabinet.

Finally done with this beauty !
Bought May 2018.
Slowly shopped since.
Took off old side decals and old black T-molding.
Replaced all old rusted screws by brand new shiny silver ones.
2 coats of black painting all around.
New marquee.
New yellow T-molding for the look.
Switched CRT for 24" LED screen .
Note that wife said the cabinet looks better as is without new side decals ! :-?
I am a real and proud 90s geek arcade gamer now !
Attachments
MTC.jpg
Proud owner of this pinball --> Black Knight 2000

Proud owner of these arcade machines cabinet video game --> Midway - Total Carnage & Pandora's Box 5s 1000 games

Proud owner of a Midway NBA Jam Tournament Edition PCB + sound board

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

Absolutely nothing...
Brutal.

Remedy that soon.
Tomorrow.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

I might have ordered another pachinko-style machine??? yeeeesh
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

WARLOCK
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by WARLOCK »

I thought about pinball a lot from Sydney NS to St. Laz in the last 24 hours...Does that count?
Fixed pins on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Driving across the country currently to MB.
About 15 minutes away from Sparky's house currently, but have to keep moving west...

Heisenberg
MAACA New Contributor
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Heisenberg »

Does thinking about buying a game everyday count?
"I am the one who knocks"