What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Postby pharoah007 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 am

redketchup wrote:Hi try one in my metallica and i doesnt light up... i just order a LED starter for it... IT's a direct circuit with a fused... I'm currently waitinfg to my order show up, will keep you informed

Update?
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:15 pm

I cleaned and waxed my Meteor playfield, parts in the ultrasonic cleaner .
Attachments
20200209_140746.jpg
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Meteor
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck

Postby Blackghost4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:41 pm

Wow another great project Denis. That will look nice.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988)
Gottlieb Genesis (1986) Gottlieb Force II (1981) Gottlieb Card Whiz (1976) Gottlieb Striker (1982)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968)
Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks for everyone who helped me update the lineup!
I quite literally couldn't have done it without you! :D
Attachments
20200209_230229.jpg
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm

I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D

Wall art coming up next.

If I do add to the lineup soon the mini fridge will move under the TV and pin #5 will go where the fridge is. After that I will need an overflow room lol.
Attachments
Gameroom-feb2020.jpg
IMG-1747.jpg
IMG-1746.jpg
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Road Show - full LED, Pinsound & accessory controller(for topper), custom topper
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, custom topper, bunch of mods (Mezelmod)
NIB MMrRE coming 2020 :shock:

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem
WOZ (any edition except YBR)

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running and soon to be on Kijiji :D
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:57 am

Jesus, it is a damn miracle I am getting anything done. I did a 12.5hr round trip Monday just to fix something on for work that took 2 minutes. And yesterday all day writing an email explaining shit to people at work, and doing other people's work because they are too lazy to do so.

5-year plan... 1.75 years left. Tick tock.

BUT... I did get Pharaoh boards repaired, Commandos boards repaired, all by a friend. Tested some Bally boards on a FG that is goofing off, only to find that it is the repro power supply board that is shit.

Now I have to tackle the mess in the basement as I am having da boyz over on the 29th.

Everything feels like work. LOL
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling

Postby Dave W. » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:03 am

mrmikeman wrote:I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D

Cool! Did that RS finally come from the guy in Whitby? Seemed like a nice looking game

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:37 am

Roadshow is a prime example of a game in need of a software re-write. Such a marvel of a playfield, so many gimmicks, ramps, diverters, lanes, etc. I truly believe with the right coder it could be even better than Twilight Zone, themes not withstanding.
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Dave W. wrote:
mrmikeman wrote:I set up my game room properly now. There's enough space left for the MMr coming in soon. May need more space at some point though. My GF is worse than I am... I suggested moving something out(RS) in order to get something new in (we really want a Stern SW Premium) and her comment was NO. More is better. Nothing leaves. lol.. :D

Cool! Did that RS finally come from the guy in Whitby? Seemed like a nice looking game

Yes I have it. Playfield is very nice. Cab is ok. The game definitely could use a complete tear down and rebuild. Mechs/heads missing a lot of screws, some under playfield hacks, missing teeth on the gears(ted’s mouth), etc. However it does work 100%. Well almost. Ted’s eyes can’t look right. They move freely but that coil doesn’t fire. Can’t fix it without removing the whole head assembly. It can wait. My first purchase based on pics and a bit disappointed. Ruined lockdown bar(never in pics), bent legs, plate glass instead of tempered(chipped and sharp). You can see the right leg is bent in on the pic. The dark spots on the lockbar are electric welder holes. Wasn’t even welded in the right place. Look at the pic. The lockdown bar sits off the side rails and sticks out over the coin door.

So after new legs and levellers, new leg plates (3 of 4 were stripped 1 or both bolts), new leg bolts, new glass, and the new lockdown bar it wasn’t a deal. It’s staying though. My gf loves it lol. I’d like to get the legs powdercoated blue like the originals. Maybe a colordmd.

I did convert it to LEDs and it looks way better now.

Cait: I got the custom code burned by Steph. Better game all around.

Cheers,
Attachments
FED42528-A6AE-4B7D-92F1-5C56948F36DB.jpeg
Current Lineup:

PINS
STTNG - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Road Show - full LED, Pinsound & accessory controller(for topper), custom topper
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Project. I have it working mechanically but no sound yet. :?

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:04 pm

mrmikeman wrote:Can’t fix it without removing the whole head assembly.

Removing Ted's head is a pain because you have to remove the ramps behind it. I managed to fix the eye lid coil without removing Ted's head but it took longer than doing it the right way. It might be possible to fix the eye coils without removing the head because you may have access from the top after removing the eye balls. It's worth taking a look.
Removing Red's head is a lot easier, so there is no question that's the way to go to fix her.
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 pm

Must be nice. Wish I started collecting before getting married. :cry:

Ditch the couch and get two upright classic vids: 1 vertical and 1 horizontal! My Ms. Pac has the 412-in-1 and Joust has the 138-in-1 multi-board. But I also have a Neo Geo MVS-4 (v2) with the 161-in-1 cart.

Game on!

cap
MAACA Half-ling

Postby cap » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Today I fixed the random firing of the smart missile on my Last Action Hero. This problem plagued the machine since day one but I decided to do something about it only 3 months ago. At first I thought the switch was bouncy because this tended to occur at the start of multiball when the shaker is strong. I changed the micro switch but that did not help. Lately, I realized the problem did not occur if I did not use the flipper at the start of multiball. I looked at the switch matrix, but the flipper switch and the smart missile are not on the same row nor column. Then I discovered a switch I did not know existed. On Last Action Hero, there is a vertical switch to detect the ball going up from the bottom of the trough towards the shooter lane. Sure enough, the flipper switch, that vertical switch and the smart missile form a right angle in the matrix. I tested the diode on the vertical switch and it was shorted. I replaced the diode, then turned on the machine ready to celebrate... No such luck. After a quick study of the internal wiring of the switch, I discovered the two sides of the diode were connected inside the switch. The diode was never shorted, the quick connect connectors were simply on the wrong switch terminals. Now I can celebrate and hopefully use that smart missile for the crane double jackpot.
:cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader
Road Show, Last Action Hero, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Stargate, F14 Tomcat (in restoration)

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Good work, Captain Detective!

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:58 pm

OTTOgd wrote:

Must be nice. Wish I started collecting before getting married. :cry:

Ditch the couch and get two upright classic vids: 1 vertical and 1 horizontal! My Ms. Pac has the 412-in-1 and Joust has the 138-in-1 multi-board. But I also have a Neo Geo MVS-4 (v2) with the 161-in-1 cart.

Game on!

And waste valuable PINBALL space??? No way man!!

I already have an awesome emulation setup (16Tb) and a Pandora's 9D(2500-in-1). Meh.. They both collect dust. As much as I enjoyed vids as a teen I couldn't care less now.
Current Lineup:

PINS

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Battlezoneman
MAACA Buck

Postby Battlezoneman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Organized the battlestations. Was working on a monitor board and kept knocking things over. So I decided enough was enough and moved around enough stuff so that I could work on it properly.

Desk1.jpg

Desk2.jpg

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Got a jukebox.
Attachments
20200216_195056.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Postby Fifty » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Guard wrote:Got a jukebox.

Wow, that's a nice one? What make/model is that? Year?

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:25 pm

1977 Rockola Model 469. Works great.
Attachments
20200216_201439.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 pm

I started considering starting a collection of pinball shirts
Attachments
61kNyb6uGxL._AC_UL1399_.jpg
DD+Hypercolor+shirt.jpg
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:31 am

2 of my grails machines arrived here on the same day. Amazing!
Thank to to everyone who helped make this happen.
Attachments
20200229_001845.jpg
20200228_180543.jpg

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Postby OTTOgd » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 pm

cait001 wrote:2 of my grails machines arrived here on the same day. Amazing!
Thank to to everyone who helped make this happen.

Bally Skill-Roll !?! Awesome. Never played it but looks like a great challenge.

Gameplay starts at 4:40: https://youtu.be/jDYZPik_wlI?t=280.

Cascade is a nifty penny gambler!

Congrats!

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:08 pm

I actually cut the ground off of a pinball machine.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Chris Silver wrote:I actually cut the ground off of a pinball machine.

PUT IT BACK ON CHRIS

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Chris Silver wrote:I actually cut the ground off of a pinball machine.

it was the only way to play the game
Attachments
no grd.jpg
no grd.jpg (2.34 KiB) Viewed 342 times

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Postby mrmikeman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:51 pm

I installed a separate power supply (5v-12v) in my STTNG to drive my accessories & ColorDMD. My flippers are back to full strength :)
Current Lineup:

PINS

WANTED:
LOTR
SW Prem

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”