What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by cait001 »

WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Azatotht »

Sparky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

20200903_110143.jpg
Panthera and ... ?
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Sparky »

Azatotht wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:41 am
Sparky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

20200903_110143.jpg
Panthera and ... ?
Pink Panther.

and a Professional pin (formerly a Bobby Orr Power Play).

:FP:
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mrmikeman »

I finished installing and tweaking my WOZ mods. FINALLY!

They look pretty but they are a pain to install. The design is somewhat poor on a few (from the same vendor). Witch & flames... Having the optos alligned to make the flame effect work is impossible as designed. Had to mod the mod to make it work. ANNNND it kept rebooting. So it's now on a separate 12v power supply plugged in the service outlet (until I hook it up to the power switch). So for now I have to plug/unplug inside when I turn the machine on/off.

The crystal ball is super nice but what a useless design.. "Fully adjustable in many ways". Yeah.. but not when it's assembled and/or installed.. So what's the point.. uggh. Also they forgot to send me the screen bracket. At least they were nice enough to send me the file so I could print the part myself.

On a side note I received my pf protector from Germany yesterday. Gonna go on Dr Who when I finally get the chance to shop it and install the new cab decals. Gonna be nice. New decals, new side art, new ramps (all 3), pf protector. SOON!
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars - Running custom v2.22 on original hardware, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker

Looking for:
Stern SW Prem/LE
Willy Wonka
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

dr.nybble
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by dr.nybble »

Sanded down the Gay 90s playfield, glued the inserts, resanded and today sprayed Createx 4050 gloss clear to seal. Next I paint the white layer.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

frosken
MAACA Silent Type

Post by frosken »

....hmmmm deja vu 8 years later!!!???

Call it pure coincidence and as a bonus, home delivery from a complete stranger to avoid a 14-hour return trip to pick it up! :D

I guess I am really back in the hobby now...
Attachments
1C4172F7-FBAA-4C2D-B162-29DB1F6729AE.jpeg
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)
Current non-working Pinball Machines: 2...and these are MAJOR projects...more to come soon!
Current Arcade1UP Machines: Centipede, Final Fight (pending pickup), Street Fighter II

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby...but with a thinner wallet. :lol:

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

frosken wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:03 am
....hmmmm deja vu 8 years later!!!???

Call it pure coincidence and as a bonus, home delivery from a complete stranger to avoid a 14-hour return trip to pick it up! :D

I guess I am really back in the hobby now...
ROTFLMAO.... Kick the fucking ball!!! LOL

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Jesus... so much to list.

I will limit it to this. I am playing a lot of pinball Tetris these days to move stuff around and store everything. LOL

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

Just picked this Hulk up last week. Now getting it all cleaned up. Another one of my grail pins to go alongside my Spiderman.
Attachments
20200918_064220.jpg
20200918_064208.jpg
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988), Gottlieb Striker (1982) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (1979)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978) Gottlieb Counterforce (1980)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Guard »

Guard wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 am
Got my tumbler and ordered my ultrasonic cleaner.
I love my cleaner!!! I *cough* cleaned this game not long after I started the hobby and I was too timid to even take the posts off. Selling Spanish Eyes gave me easy access so I did a real clean up on it this time.
Attachments
20200921_091042.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”