What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 61 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by R.A.B. »

bele2009 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:33 pm
Melted a newly rebuilt linear flipper coil on my new Xenon due to a mis adjusted EOS switch 😡 Probably moved out of alignment in shipping and I was too eager to try playing it. Lesson learned!

If someone in the Montreal area having a spare AQ-25-500/34-4500 and sleeve I am now looking for one.
Hey bele2009 - je suis sur la route aujourdhui de 9:30 a 1630 et j'en ai dans mon stock de Montreal Pinball a Mile End. Fait moi signe si tu veux qu'on ce recontre dans le code regionale de Mont Royale aujourdhui - 3305555 Mtl Pinball

Robert
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com
http://www.alouetteamusement.com

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Gottlieb 1973 "Hot Shot" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza" - Gottlieb 1977 "Golden Arrow"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the last stages of life.

I always preferred the exceptional qualities quietly lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. But now, our day to day has been elevated into the realm of the extraordinary via a world wide web of self-promotion fueled by the new dumb. Adding to our new reality is a saturation of information rendering our ability to think and then react in order to follow through with real action even more unlikely.

"Some things are too hot to touch, the human mind can only stand so much - you can't win with a losing hand. " - Zimmy

"Ah...., you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. No one really knows what you will say or do next. All the truth in the world just adds up to one big lie from where you decide to spew out your madness." My Alter Ego.

bele2009
MAACA Silent Type
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by bele2009 »

R.A.B. wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:42 am
bele2009 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:33 pm
Melted a newly rebuilt linear flipper coil on my new Xenon due to a mis adjusted EOS switch 😡 Probably moved out of alignment in shipping and I was too eager to try playing it. Lesson learned!

If someone in the Montreal area having a spare AQ-25-500/34-4500 and sleeve I am now looking for one.
Hey bele2009 - je suis sur la route aujourdhui de 9:30 a 1630 et j'en ai dans mon stock de Montreal Pinball a Mile End. Fait moi signe si tu veux qu'on ce recontre dans le code regionale de Mont Royale aujourdhui - 3305555 Mtl Pinball

Robert
Merci Robert.

J’ai réalisé que c’est le même coil que ma Dolly Parton que j’avais déjà des spare. En fait j’ai été capable de retirer le sleeve et de remplacer avec le stock que j’avais à acheté de chez Alouette cet été 😛

En fait, le problème original vient du petit espacement de plastique qui a brisé et tombé au fond du cabinet.

Problème résolu pour le moment. Par contre quelques petits ajustement à faire sur les contacts de détection de balle dans l’électeur car parfois il sort deux balles et parfois aucune. A suivre 🤔
Attachments
21DE3D08-07AD-4D65-ACCB-DB558A5D8B9D.jpeg
9493007C-DE32-4BC9-A1FC-25EC0F8DCF0D.jpeg
Bally Xenon (Shopped out - new Playfield. Playing)
Chicago Coin CINEMA (Full restoration complete. Playing)
Virtual Pinball (Wide Body Custom - In Progress)
Bally Dolly Parton (Full restoration in progress - Repainting + Playfield swap)
Chicago Coin Sound Stage (Project)

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by steamfitter »

I did a curbside pickup
Attachments
20210212_115707.jpg
My flash will get some TLC
My flash will get some TLC
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Star Trek , Firepower , Jacks to Open, Flash
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

semicolin
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by semicolin »

out with the old
old.png
and in with the new
new.png

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Picked up my STh at the D&R depot. Can't wait to set it up after work!

I did take it out of the box at lunch time though!
Attachments
7913C39D-D9D4-452C-AAC4-752D30E977DB.jpeg
1BCCE7D5-241C-4B4F-B0DA-BA5B148A80D8.jpeg
PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Stern HD Glass, Mods: Lit Merlin
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Stranger Things LE (#016) - Stern topper, shooter & UV kit -- Trade pending
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Fathom Mermaid Edition (#065) - Unkown ETA

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X / Nintendo Switch

MINI-VIDS(dedicated 1/6 scale):
Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
1942/1943
Q-Bert

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *Selling soon to make room. Don't need 2 jukes.
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

mrmikeman wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 am
Picked up my STh at the D&R depot. Can't wait to set it up after work!

I did take it out of the box at lunch time though!
Wow! Je suis vraiment content pour toi Mike! Très belle game, j'en voudrais une! Tu pourras nous dire comment tu la trouves..! :D

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

World_of_Warships wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Wow! Je suis vraiment content pour toi Mike! Très belle game, j'en voudrais une! Tu pourras nous dire comment tu la trouves..! :D
Only played a few games last night with GF. Still not level/pitch verified it was getting late and just wanted to try it.

Adjusted the outlanes at the tightest setting to make the game more fun for my GF - I had heard the outlanes were brutal. I set it up like all my games with 4 replay levels (EB) and no EB limit. Because it's new the replay scores are too low right now. I was having looooong games. Played only 4 games but broke 1B twice and got halfway to the final wizard mode. A bit too easy right now. It'll get better(for me) once the replay scores adjust.

Very cool to have the projector. TK Lock is also very interesting. Curious to see how fast the balls will magnetize.
PINS:
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD

VIDS:

Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
1942/1943
Q-Bert

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *Selling soon to make room. Don't need 2 jukes.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by HPR Pinball »

Installed a fan for the heatsink CPU in my Star Wars premium, this thing become very hot !!
48 volts DC fan is very cheap an easy to find from amazon.
Attachments
IMG_6352.JPG
The video game i want to play is always the one i don't have :FP:
Les arcades, j'suis tombé d'dans quand j'tait pti !! :-)

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

HPR Pinball wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Installed a fan for the heatsink CPU in my Star Wars premium, this thing become very hot !!
Wouldn’t a small RPI style 5 or 12v fan directly on the heatsink be simpler and more efficient?
PINS:

VIDS:

Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
1942/1943
Q-Bert

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

mrmikeman wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:54 pm
HPR Pinball wrote:
Wouldn’t a small RPI style 5 or 12v fan directly on the heatsink be simpler and more efficient?
Sincerely i don't know if there's a better way. There's a free plug 48v on the power supply and decided to use it. No need to be direct over the heatsink, there's plenty of flow air on it to keep it cool.

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

HPR Pinball wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:47 pm
mrmikeman wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:54 pm
HPR Pinball wrote:
Sincerely i don't know if there's a better way. There's a free plug 48v on the power supply and decided to use it. No need to be direct over the heatsink, there's plenty of flow air on it to keep it cool.
How's the noise level?
PINS:

VIDS:

Dragon's Lair
Asteroids
1942/1943
Q-Bert

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

HPR Pinball
MAACA OG

Post by HPR Pinball »

It's ok, when playing you never hear it, in a silence room i can hear it a bit. The original power supply fan is much more noisier

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

from ick to slick
5ED430C3-0D04-459F-B4A9-3B64483EB4BB.jpeg
5AC14B89-9A67-4A69-B8E0-E0D9CCED0B95.jpeg

dr.nybble
MAACA QuarterPounder
Been liked: 16 times

Post by dr.nybble »

Part way through my first playfield swap for Monopoly! A NOS playfield is "only" $475 so I figured why not.

Trying to be super careful and not blow a screw through the playfield, about 50% done reattaching everything on the backside.

Never dug into a Stern before, the harness is super tight. The IDC light sockets are kinda cool in that you can detach the bulb & socket mount, but the IDC connection is dodgy.

A few divots that are not used on the playfield, I wonder whether anything was supposed to be there & got pulled?

Also, the short screws that are bronze coloured on Williams machines are the same colour/head style on the Stern. Not good! I replaced with bronze ones.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by Mrhide »

My name is Phil and I have a connector abuse problem
IMG_6299.jpg
LF: GrooveCoaster, shmups or any PCB, let me know what you have!

bele2009
MAACA Silent Type

Post by bele2009 »

Mrhide wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:49 pm

IMG_6299.jpg
Nice assortment! 😉 I am about to place a similar order at Digikey for massive re-pin work. Would you mind sharing the Digi-Key PNs you used?

Thanks

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

bele2009 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Mrhide wrote:

IMG_6299.jpg
Nice assortment! 😉 I am about to place a similar order at Digikey for massive re-pin work. Would you mind sharing the Digi-Key PNs you used?

Thanks
Re pin quoi? pinball? arcade?

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

Started getting the lamps done. Bought a bunch of sunlight Opmax from Comet and 3/4 of them are lime green and even the shades of green aren't consistent. Check out the right slingshot to see two of them side by side. Sent them an email for an exchange. Never had this happen with them before but they've always been good - I hope they can help. Definitely not what I'm used to at $3/lamp.
IMG_0090.jpg

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Fifty »

semicolin wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:28 pm
Started getting the lamps done. Bought a bunch of sunlight Opmax from Comet and 3/4 of them are lime green and even the shades of green aren't consistent. Check out the right slingshot to see two of them side by side. Sent them an email for an exchange. Never had this happen with them before but they've always been good - I hope they can help. Definitely not what I'm used to at $3/lamp.IMG_0090.jpg
I can't tell from your photo. At least it is not obvious to me.

May I ask why you chose to go with the Opmax bulbs? I usually just stick with the 2SMD and Flex SMD. Prior to that I just went with the 1SMD bulbs.

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

This might help. The white balance adjustment on my iphone tends to even things out, but you can see how pronounced it is by the different cast two lamps from the same batch are projecting on the two sides of this kicker head. The left side is neon christmas green and the right is... normal.
IMG_0091.jpg
They cast a green glow over the whole room. The Centaur beside it that also has sunlight opmax lamps looks almost red in comparison. Never seen anything like it.

I really like the Opmax lamps: they're extremely bright while still being diffuse enough to not blind the player, and they don't leave any hotspots on the plastic. Until now I've had very good results with them and I'll buy them again... but maybe warm white instead of the sunlight. I like the sunlight, but it didn't used to be green.

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

Comet came through! They're sending me new warm white ones instead.

bele2009
MAACA Silent Type

Post by bele2009 »

Mrhide wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:25 pm
bele2009 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Mrhide wrote:

IMG_6299.jpg

Thanks
Re pin quoi? pinball? arcade?
Pinball Bally Dolly Parton et Xenon. 😉

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Post by Mrhide »

for pins you need

.100" header male pins Molex # 22-23-2121 (12 pins, with lock, cut to size).
.100" plastic housings Molex # 22-01-3127 (12 pins, cut to size).
.100" plastic housing polarized pin Molex # 15-04-9210.
.100" terminal pins Molex # 08-50-0114.
* bold text denotes the number of pins, in this case, 12.

.156" header pins Molex #26-48-1155 (15 pin, with lock, cut to size).
.156" plastic housings Molex #09-50-3151 (15 pins).
or .156" plastic housings Molex #26-03-4151 (15 pins). This particular housing is less expensive, and specially designed for Trifurcon terminal pins.
.156" plastic housing polarizing pins Molex #15-04-0219.
.156" Trifurcon connector terminal pins Molex #08-52-0113 (the replacement pin of choice, used extensively in pinball; buy lots of these). Phoshor Bronze material.
.156" connector terminal pins Molex #08-52-0072 (non-Trifurcon, used far less often and not as good as Trifurcon, but still needed in some situations). Only buy these as needed.
* bold text denotes the number of pins, in this case, 15.

.093" round female terminal pins Molex #02-09-1119.
.093" round male terminal pins Molex #02-09-2118.

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

One of my wire forms was broken off in the playfield. Got myself a wire jig and some 3/32” stainless tig rod and made myself a new one.
1FC2DD6F-9AAE-4647-9810-EA85928ECA0D.jpeg
5B864796-5603-4AE1-80CD-BBAD26024645.jpeg

semicolin
MAACA Millennial

Post by semicolin »

Well, I couldn't remove the plastic film on the playfield protector without including all of you.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”