What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
dr.nybble
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by dr.nybble »

Got up the nerve to heat up & knock out unlevel inserts in my NOS Egg Head playfield. All came out cleanly.

My son is busy torture-testing all of my machines! Replaced Q6 on Monopoly that had failed. Bought replacement opto boards for X-Men LE it seems to lose track of balls.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Met a fellow pinhead from London today. He brought me a scooby CE and took away my CCrLE. :)
Attachments
IMG_6774.jpeg
IMG_6772.jpeg
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
MultiMorphic P3 with all 7 current modules + all mini-games currently available
Star Wars Prem
Star Trek the Next Generation
Lady Luck (Recel) (in winter storage)
Gtb Pro Football (in winter storage)

Incoming: Looney Tunes, Princess Bride (P3 module)

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC *SOLD PP

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley (in winter storage)
Custom built mini Virtual Pinball

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke. *FOR SALE - $1400

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

My son cleaned Arena's inserts and fixed/changed bulbs under the pf when needed.

We lost sound again but now we know it's a connector so we won't be working on this too seriously until the game has been cleaned and is playable.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Attachments
20240310_164505.jpg
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

mrmikeman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm Met a fellow pinhead from London today. He brought me a scooby CE and took away my CCrLE. :)
now there's a great trade! Exciting, can't wait to hear your thoughts on Scooby
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

cait001 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 am
mrmikeman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm Met a fellow pinhead from London today. He brought me a scooby CE and took away my CCrLE. :)
now there's a great trade! Exciting, can't wait to hear your thoughts on Scooby
So far we are happily impressed. I'm not playing a lot though as there's a massive update coming this week with additional modes and callouts. 1st mini wizard mode will be coded as well. 1 mini wizard remains and also the final wizard mode. Hopefully later this year it'll be complete.

I am really enjoying the sound track on SD :)
So groovy, man!

Some of the callouts are so funny too. Shaggy saying "rip the spinner man!" is soooooo cool :)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE - $500 (in winter storage)

Gone but not forgotten
So many... CCrLE, WOZ ECLE, Stern POTC, Star Trek Pro, MMrRE, Stranger Things LE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

My son took me out for a burger and a pinball afternoon yesterday.

Got to try James Bond LE, Foo Fighters LE and Rush LE on top of the already cool lineup at Amusement 2020.

We were lucky to arrive just after a party in the small room and could play Jurassic Park without any other machines noise for a while. I like it so much better when I can hear everything...

Jame Bond: felt weird at first, layout is special especially the left 'floating' upper flipper. Liked it afterward, it's a fun change from fan layouts. I did not really understand wtf I was supposed to see under the left upper flipper, online pictures shows figurines under there but all I could see was a black window. Is it supposed to be lit ? Or just while playing specific mode ? Blue powder coat is nice, left side of the cabinet looks so much better than right, I'd put it in a corner of the room.

Foo Fighters: beautiful game. Layout a bit special too. I wish I could hear the music and sound effects, I could definitely hear the racers row behind us... Green powder coating is nice but is the same exact color as the Turtle LE they have besides it. Kinda ruins the exclusivity IMO, if you have both games of course. They both looks great on their own thou.

Rush: easiest of the 3 I would say. Easiest to keep the ball in play obviously as we barely touched the rules on all three of them. Very nice backglass, we thought we wouldn't like the cabinet art but it is not too bad in person. Again, I wish I could hear the music better.

Backglasses: looks so much better than translites.

LEs: are so expensive compared to the Pros. We like the cosmetics better for sure (expression lights, backglasses, powder coating). We like that they are putting these out for us to play instead of pros, but I don't know how I could justify the price if I was to buy something today.

Toppers: Rush LE topper is cool. 2000$ cool ? I don't know, if I owned only 2-3 games and theyre were already Premiums or LE, I'd consider the toppers eventually (if the lineup was to stay put).

I really like Spike 2 games.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by mrmikeman »

Problem with toppers is that after getting a few, the other games look naked. Then they all need toppers. :)
PINS:
Labyrinth (#21)
Jurassic Park LE (#449)
JAWS Premium
Scooby Doo CE (#141)
Star Wars Prem

VIDS:

MISC:

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten