What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by cait001 »

so annoyed to think that a tornado fucked up 2018's OPGS and now a pandemic is probably going to cancel 2020's....
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Guard »

Nooooooooo.....

Here's to hoping its over and tons of folks want to come from all over to make up for the cancelled shows.

Enough money made to keep it going for years...
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Dave W. wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am
That thing is cool. I had to watch a YouTube video to see exactly what it does. I Can't help you with the levers.... sorry
If a rough/project Pike's Peak comes up for sale I'll probably be able to make mine near perfect.
In the meantime, I have it set for "novelty" play, which means you don't start a discrete game, the balls will just continually recycle. So, even though it's not 100%, I can definitely still play it.

Now I need to find a Zeke's Peak to pair with it... (Zeke's Peak is a rebranded Ice Cold Beer machine)
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Dave W. »

Guard wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 pm
Nooooooooo.....

Here's to hoping its over and tons of folks want to come from all over to make up for the cancelled shows.

Enough money made to keep it going for years...
A few of us were talking about the shows lately. I didn't realize how much I liked them until they became impossible to do with the current pandemic.

I'm sure a lot of us will happily pull a pin out of our basement and bring it to a show once it becomes possible again.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Someone drive buy with a big enough truck and ill pull all 16 out of the garage....so easy when no stairs.
I hear you guys say "basement" and I cringe.... :mrgreen:
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Guard wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm
Someone drive buy with a big enough truck and ill pull all 16 out of the garage....so easy when no stairs.
I hear you guys say "basement" and I cringe.... :mrgreen:
I'll say it again: If someone on Maaca is willing to fill a truck to bring pins to a future Ottawa show I'll happily pitch on the truck rental costs!

sylvain
MAACA Wacko
Been liked: 3 times

Post by sylvain »

If and when a Pinball show is put together later when this dang pandemic eases-off (hopefully in 2020, or in 2021),
I would suggest that a donation bin for a charity be setup at the entrance, e.g. for all of us to donate food to a local food bank, etc.
as we pay our entrance fee and also set-up our machines. Just a way to give back to the community.

-Sylvain.
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, Capersville or The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for over 35 years.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

monkeybug
MAACA Wacko

Post by monkeybug »

I finally took the plunge into the colour dmd world with a pin2dmd for my MET. A local collector (Dino Z) is assembling these and at almost 1/3rd the price of a ColorDMD (after shipping, taxes etc...) it is well worth it. Now to decide the next machine to upgrade.

ps. Anyone need a nice Stern DMD? I have one that I no longer need.
Attachments
met_pin2dmd.jpg

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Dave W. »

monkeybug wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 pm
I finally took the plunge into the colour dmd world with a pin2dmd for my MET. A local collector (Dino Z) is assembling these and at almost 1/3rd the price of a ColorDMD (after shipping, taxes etc...) it is well worth it. Now to decide the next machine to upgrade.

Hey Chris, good to see you back!

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Fifty »

monkeybug wrote:

Could I get more details on this please? PM me. Thank you!

monkeybug
MAACA Wacko

Post by monkeybug »

Dave W. wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:10 pm
monkeybug wrote:

Hey Chris, good to see you back!
Thanks. Never quite went away but with the current state of affairs some other hobbies have been put on hold and I've rediscovered what I love about pinball. With this extra time I've managed to get around to fixing and upgrading my games (and possible put some up for sale to make some room?)

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Sparky »

Just happy to see you posting again Chris!!!
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Sparky »

So a funny thing happened on the way to the forum... well... Alfred. LOL

I was to drop off a cabinet. Yay! Space!

I brought back 2 games.

:FP: :lol:

One for me, and one for a customer. I got a sah-weet Midway "Extra Bases" cocktail game. I had never heard of it, but it looked cool. Flat top, with BW monitor and a color insert. Loos like this:
Extra Bases.jpg
Extra Bases.jpg (36.15 KiB) Viewed 957 times
It is rough but I vacuumed out the mouse poop and 2 mouse skellingtons out of the coinbox. LOL. I will clean up the boards and see soon enough if she will turn on.
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

monkeybug
MAACA Wacko

Post by monkeybug »

Fifty wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:14 pm
monkeybug wrote:

Could I get more details on this please? PM me. Thank you!
Main thread over at PBREV. The first few messages list all the games currently available.

http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/re ... -now.9685/

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Sparky wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 pm
So a funny thing happened on the way to the forum... well... Alfred. LOL

I was to drop off a cabinet. Yay! Space!

I brought back 2 games.

:FP: :lol:

One for me, and one for a customer. I got a sah-weet Midway "Extra Bases" cocktail game. I had never heard of it, but it looked cool. Flat top, with BW monitor and a color insert. Loos like this:

Extra Bases.jpg

It is rough but I vacuumed out the mouse poop and 2 mouse skellingtons out of the coinbox. LOL. I will clean up the boards and see soon enough if she will turn on.

dual trackball cocktail? intersting.

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 14 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Finally done with the programming of my Arduino mega to control my jukebox. Now I need to clean up the installation. Then I will get to the infinity lighting.

The only “non-original” behaviour is the initial bulb test when I turn it on.

I kept all lighting original (incandescent bulbs). Controlled by 2 x 16 channel relay boards. The 20 “selection playing” bulbs run on 12v. Missing 3 bulbs that I will get from Robert at Alouette.

The display panel lights were converted to 555 running on 5v. Those were 656 wedge bulbs running on 28v before. Missing a few twist sockets (on order). I will change the text back to English and add “Please Wait” at the bottom and “Thank You” once a valid selection is made.

The scanning sound I recorded myself from the mech before I disassembled it. It’s the only thing that was semi working.

The juke in action:
https://youtu.be/NMIwg2uLLBI

P.S. the juke was hacked to shit and cosmetically so-so. Wasn’t worth the time and money to restore it for vinyl. I already have a functioning 45rpm juke anyway.
Attachments
CA8908FE-FDDB-4A60-B4DC-BE4D2469CA2D.jpeg
9FC0E4DD-0873-49AC-8537-1527491E4985.jpeg
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.23 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by steamfitter »

Today I finished my bally/stern lamp driver tester ( I had help :FP: )
Attachments
20200519_090806.jpg
20200519_102710.jpg
20200519_133753.jpg
20200519_143354.jpg
20200519_143518.jpg
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Meteor , Star Trek
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , SEGA Space attack , meteorites , Jacks to Open , Firepower

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Rearranged the man cave to take out Buccaneer and Pat Hand and welcome Countdown and the returning Stern POTC into the fold. Countdown needs a good cleaning but that'll have to wait for the weekend...
Attachments
countdown.jpg
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 14 times

Post by mrmikeman »

Picked up a RFM. Now expanding into a second room lol.
Attachments
37C2F20D-4214-4069-BBAA-DCFB42C8904A.jpeg
EA6C85FB-1749-4E3F-A2CF-C8E6FB7F680F.jpeg
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.23 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

Nintegageo
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Nintegageo »

I joined this website yesterday :)

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by steamfitter »

My slot machine needs some TLC . Started with the easy stuff , lights
Attachments
15907901479703080927323656974710.jpg
20200529_175532.jpg
20200529_172950.jpg
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Meteor , Star Trek
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , SEGA Space attack , meteorites , Jacks to Open , Firepower

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

steamfitter wrote:Image
nice

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Got Spirit of 76 fully working...
Attachments
20200529_223339.jpg
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Azatotht »

Nintegageo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:00 am
I joined this website yesterday :)
Welcome aboard :D
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Nintegageo
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Nintegageo »

Thank ya :)

Today I got around to working on the ST-V cabinet. I am waiting on some slotted steels to mount the monitor and did some research on wiring as my experience with arcade repair/wiring is pretty limited to just the odd job with the Neo Geo cabinet.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”