What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 12 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by Sparky »

Well, yesterday was a fun day. As much as my morning was filled with shit, it didn't compare to yesterday. LOL.

So I went to help out Rob with his move at the Alfred pinball museum. He has a lot of stuff to move from his place north of Montreal. So I get there and the place reeked of shit. LOL. Mario and Luigi the plumbers (Steamfitter and Johnny) were busy fixing a plugged sewer main.

... yeah. 30-year-old shit, and corn. LOL

So, I helped a little bit, and mostly focused on repairing the outside basement stairs that had seen better days. After that, we loaded things inside.

A new olympic sport was also created. The Megatouch Bin Toss. LOL. Someone give me the gold medal.

All in all, regardless of the heat and raw sewage, it was fun to see the boys a bit. AND I got my Gottlieb ROCK home as well, thanks to Rob!!! And since my translite on it is ROACHED, I ordered a new one from Marco's. LOL Even with USPS shipping, when you add everything, it costs me 178$CDN for a translite listed at 59.99$US.

Meh. I am just happy to get this game on legs and cleaned up!
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Guard »

Can I count the 56 hours of overtime this week that I'm just finishing up today as "doing something in the hobby"? I promise I'll be spending it on the hobby while I'm on holidays in August. :help
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

Guard wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:16 am
Can I count the 56 hours of overtime this week that I'm just finishing up today as "doing something in the hobby"? I promise I'll be spending it on the hobby while I'm on holidays in August. :help
Lol, doesn't count if those hours weren't for the hobby, thou you get gold stars for your work ethics, lol Happy holidays! :wave

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by steamfitter »

Sparky wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:10 am
Well, yesterday was a fun day. As much as my morning was filled with shit, it didn't compare to yesterday. LOL.

So I went to help out Rob with his move at the Alfred pinball museum. He has a lot of stuff to move from his place north of Montreal. So I get there and the place reeked of shit. LOL. Mario and Luigi the plumbers (Steamfitter and Johnny) were busy fixing a plugged sewer main.

... yeah. 30-year-old shit, and corn. LOL

So, I helped a little bit, and mostly focused on repairing the outside basement stairs that had seen better days. After that, we loaded things inside.

A new olympic sport was also created. The Megatouch Bin Toss. LOL. Someone give me the gold medal.

All in all, regardless of the heat and raw sewage, it was fun to see the boys a bit. AND I got my Gottlieb ROCK home as well, thanks to Rob!!! And since my translite on it is ROACHED, I ordered a new one from Marco's. LOL Even with USPS shipping, when you add everything, it costs me 178$CDN for a translite listed at 59.99$US.

Meh. I am just happy to get this game on legs and cleaned up!
Yes it was a shitty day , had to drain the juice by loosening clamps and letting drip into pails and garbage can :FP: We replaced some pipping , installed new clean out and gave it proper slope . I think the worse is done .
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Meteor , Star Trek
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack , meteorites

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

I looked into adding a new pin to the family! after that one, I'll take a break and either start doing some little fix up on the other pins, or add a few fun things here and there. For example, The Shadow shroud was split on one side when I got the pin, but I read a Pinside post about a replacement part currently being made out of welded metal, so that's interesting, e.g. the original shroud is 'onobtainium' and made out of thin plastic..

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

I think I finally found a Tron PRO.. ooooh yessss! Super happy about this, it's kind of the first pin that attracted me into the hobby, but I just couldn't find one! Took me a while, hope there won't be any issue for that pin to get here but I AM STOKED!!! Lol

tom_454
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 2 times

Post by tom_454 »

World_of_Warships wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 pm
I think I finally found a Tron PRO.. ooooh yessss! Super happy about this
Hope u get it. If you do the first thing u need is an external subwoofer. That game has a great soundtrack and the sub puts it over the top.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

20200712_143117.jpg
tom_454 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 am
World_of_Warships wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 pm
I think I finally found a Tron PRO.. ooooh yessss! Super happy about this
Hope u get it. If you do the first thing u need is an external subwoofer. That game has a great soundtrack and the sub puts it over the top.
Will do! I'll certainly ask for the top things to add! First, working towards having it delivered!

Lol I already have the double sided backlit posters to make a nice little corner, ordering a 3rd LED frame for the last poster in tryptic!!! Tron will be happy there!!!

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Xylog »

World_of_Warships wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am
Lol I already have the double sided backlit posters to make a nice little corner, ordering a 3rd LED frame for the last poster in tryptic!!! Tron will be happy there!!!
I haz a jealous. 😜
Flash Gordon,Pinbot,Mr. & Mrs. Pacman,RollerGames,
Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis(Bally),Civic Center,
Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway,Flash Baseball
Mousin' Around,Badcats
LF: Bigger House

Battlezoneman
MAACA Buck

Post by Battlezoneman »

Battlezoneman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:49 pm
Roadblasters works great, other than the monitor doing weird stuff after the game has been running for a while. I am fairly sure it needs a cap kit. Since I couldn't find anyone in Canada selling cap kits for the WG7000 series of monitor I just went ahead and ordered most of the caps from digi-key.
Finally got around to recapping the Roadblasters monitor. I should have been finished over a week ago but actually had a hell of a time replacing the caps. Nothing to do with the board but with my eyes. After getting a bad burn on a finger trying to change the caps but seeing everything very blurry I finally decided I needed to see about glasses. Went and got my eyes checked and yup I need them for close up stuff. Makes a world of difference. Feels like everything is in HD when working on little stuff, reading or working on the computer. Sadly I am getting old and this just confirms it. Oh well. Monitor finished getting capped and is ready for reinstall in the cab.
Battlezoneman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:49 pm
Looks like the Monaco GP cockpit is getting gutted. There is a good reason the majority of these things don't work anymore sadly. Damn thing has nearly 300 logic chips on the boards. Which I am guessing 60% or more could have been replaced a dozen programmable ROM chips.

Sadly you can't save them all. But I will make her live again as something new ;)
And this also happened. After trying for many days and hours I gave up on the Monaco electronics. Game will run but it just won't see the steering wheel. I even manually tried inputting signals and nothing. So I gutted the cab. Saved all the boards but the wiring and power system got scrapped. Might scrap the monitor too. Monitor has a lot of burn in, and is pretty old. I don't think I have seen a monitor with such a large PCB in a very long time (PCB is double the size of standard monitor boards).

Still deciding what to put in the cockpit. Probably a MAME/Playstation setup. Already bought a keyboard encoder board to wire in some of the original controls or other joysticks/etc in the cab.
Roadblasters Cockpit
Monaco GP Cockpit
Centipede Upright
Defender Upright
Missle Command Cabaret
Tons of game PCB's

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Something wicked this way comes....
bucket list.jpg

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 3 times

Post by cait001 »

oooo congrats!

I know Xylog has a suuuuuper sweet Jungle Lord...
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Xylog »

Jungle Lord has left the building. 😲
Flash Gordon,Pinbot,Mr. & Mrs. Pacman,RollerGames,
Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis(Bally),Civic Center,
Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway,Flash Baseball
Mousin' Around,Badcats
LF: Bigger House

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

I can get a Jungle Lord back. I just have to twist a farmer's arm. LOL

steamfitter
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by steamfitter »

Sparky wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:10 pm
I can get a Jungle Lord back. I just have to twist a farmer's arm. LOL
Ya but farmer's have Big arms :lol
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon , Meteor , Star Trek
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack , meteorites

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Fifty »

World_of_Warships wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am
Link to the LED frames? Curious of the cost and sizes available.

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

PM sent with details, the site is primelightboxes.com
Proudly canadian made products, out of Toronto area

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

I spent much of the past day gawking at the Sega R360.
After a decade of hard work acquiring and then restoring one, GALLOPING GHOSTS ARCADE now has an R360 up and running and available to the public.
Once this pandemic is over, arcade fans have what is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to try this thing.

https://twitter.com/GGA_Ghostlord/statu ... 51011?s=19

Adjusted for inflation, these things were $375,000 USD brand new when they came out.
Less than 5 are available to the public IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Maybe 20 are known to still exist in various states of functionality.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)

eh97ac
MAACA Half-ling

Post by eh97ac »

Started stenciling my Firepower today
Attachments
IMG_20200814_141027.jpg
IMG_20200814_141021.jpg
IMG_20200814_141002.jpg

monkeybug
MAACA Wacko

Post by monkeybug »

I just sold my 4th game in about 8 weeks (and only bought 2 new ones). I think therapy might finally be working.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Thanks to Guy for selling me JP, Colin for helping me get it in the house yesterday, and Shane for helping me get it downstairs!
Attachments
20200829_142618.jpg

World_of_Warships
MAACA QuarterPounder

cait001 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:56 pm
Thanks to Guy for selling me JP, Colin for helping me get it in the house yesterday, and Shane for helping me get it downstairs!
Looks real nice! How do you like it do far?

tom_454
MAACA Millennial
Has liked: 2 times

Post by tom_454 »

Woohoo. Finally got my TFTC back up and running. For those that can remember the last OPL at my place in February (wow was it that long ago since the last OPL) - damned COVID-19 ... 3 of my 11 pins went down. Tough crowd! No seriously 2 were simple 5 minute fixes (TZ was a stuck switch and XMen was the typical issue with the ball trough cable). However, TFTC blew the Q10 transistor on the flipper board causing the lower left flipper to remain energized. Well I finally got around to replacing it last night but the damned flipper still remained up. Aarggh - I was dejected and went to bed annoyed but before I did I posted on pinside and the answer was revealed in the morning. Turns out the flipper leaf switch was also stuck closed causing the same symptom as the blown transistor. Simple and in hindsight obvious thing to check. But of course I had done all that before I diagnosed the blown transistor so I assume that in playing with the leaf switch months ago I must have bent it and caused it to remain closed. What are the odds? Just goes to demonstrate the joys of troubleshooting and checking everything twice. Thanks to pinsider LTG for the suggestion to check the leaf switch because I was ready to order a new board.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Other than my visit, just a good cleaning and organizing of the shop.

It's amazing how many measuring tapes and box cutters I have...

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

20200903_110143.jpg