What did you do today in the hobby?

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: What did you do today in the hobby?

Post by cait001 »

WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Azatotht »

Sparky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

20200903_110143.jpg
Panthera and ... ?
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Sparky »

Azatotht wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:41 am
Sparky wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

20200903_110143.jpg
Panthera and ... ?
Pink Panther.

and a Professional pin (formerly a Bobby Orr Power Play).

:FP:
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by mrmikeman »

I finished installing and tweaking my WOZ mods. FINALLY!

They look pretty but they are a pain to install. The design is somewhat poor on a few (from the same vendor). Witch & flames... Having the optos alligned to make the flame effect work is impossible as designed. Had to mod the mod to make it work. ANNNND it kept rebooting. So it's now on a separate 12v power supply plugged in the service outlet (until I hook it up to the power switch). So for now I have to plug/unplug inside when I turn the machine on/off.

The crystal ball is super nice but what a useless design.. "Fully adjustable in many ways". Yeah.. but not when it's assembled and/or installed.. So what's the point.. uggh. Also they forgot to send me the screen bracket. At least they were nice enough to send me the file so I could print the part myself.

On a side note I received my pf protector from Germany yesterday. Gonna go on Dr Who when I finally get the chance to shop it and install the new cab decals. Gonna be nice. New decals, new side art, new ramps (all 3), pf protector. SOON!
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Mods: Pinstadiums, witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, emerald city, flaming pots, hot air balloon lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.23 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
Stern SW Prem/LE
LOTR

JUKES
Rock-Ola 446 - Up and running. Listed on Kijiji/FB.
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

dr.nybble
MAACA QuarterPounder
Been liked: 2 times

Post by dr.nybble »

Sanded down the Gay 90s playfield, glued the inserts, resanded and today sprayed Createx 4050 gloss clear to seal. Next I paint the white layer.
White Water ~ Black Rose ~ Monopoly ~ DE Star Wars ~ Top Score ~ Heat Wave ~ Gay '90s ~ Dungeons & Dragons ~ Spitfire

frosken
MAACA Silent Type
Been liked: 1 time

Post by frosken »

....hmmmm deja vu 8 years later!!!???

Call it pure coincidence and as a bonus, home delivery from a complete stranger to avoid a 14-hour return trip to pick it up! :D

I guess I am really back in the hobby now...
Attachments
1C4172F7-FBAA-4C2D-B162-29DB1F6729AE.jpeg
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)

Current Arcade1UP Machines: Centipede, Final Fight (pending pickup), Street Fighter II

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby...but with a thinner wallet. :lol:

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

frosken wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:03 am
....hmmmm deja vu 8 years later!!!???

Call it pure coincidence and as a bonus, home delivery from a complete stranger to avoid a 14-hour return trip to pick it up! :D

I guess I am really back in the hobby now...
ROTFLMAO.... Kick the fucking ball!!! LOL

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Jesus... so much to list.

I will limit it to this. I am playing a lot of pinball Tetris these days to move stuff around and store everything. LOL

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Blackghost4 »

Just picked this Hulk up last week. Now getting it all cleaned up. Another one of my grail pins to go alongside my Spiderman.
Attachments
20200918_064220.jpg
20200918_064208.jpg
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988), Gottlieb Striker (1982) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (1979), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Guard »

Guard wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 am
Got my tumbler and ordered my ultrasonic cleaner.
I love my cleaner!!! I *cough* cleaned this game not long after I started the hobby and I was too timid to even take the posts off. Selling Spanish Eyes gave me easy access so I did a real clean up on it this time.
Attachments
20200921_091042.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Picked up a very nice Atlantis and Big Hit ....had to get up at 03:30 to head down by Sarnia so I could get back to Guelph in time to head back out to the other side of Toronto for a golf game.
Just got home and i may be too tired to drag them out of the van right now.... :roll:
Attachments
20201001_064445.jpg
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

luch
MAACA Buck
Been liked: 3 times

Post by luch »

saw those on kijiji , they looked pretty good

bele2009
MAACA Silent Type

Post by bele2009 »

Just received my first part order from Marco which I had placed 3 weeks ago. Right after they announced reduced shipping rates 😳

Well... guess it is a good reason to dig for more stuff to order and get back to their website 😝😝😝
Chicago Coin CINEMA
Bally Dolly Parton

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

luch wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:50 pm
saw those on kijiji , they looked pretty good
They are both in amazing shape....
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

And finally got them set up.....both are a blast to play.
Attachments
20201006_191036.jpg
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Fifty »

Guard wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:41 pm
And finally got them set up.....both are a blast to play.
What's Big Hit like? I've never seen/played that one. Looks nice.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

I played about 25 games on it last night.....i like it....i think I was more concerned about runs then scores.
I could see a white board for most runs being put up close
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

2 vari's, lots of drops, and quite the gong in it evefytime you score a run
Lots to like...
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

Where to begin. Well, I sat in my gameroom for an hour last night, contemplating the overcrowding. Recent developments have understandably kyboshed many plans, so I need to reassess space usage.

I am looking for a ground-level, heated storage space, but those don't come cheap. I did find a nice space literally 5 blocks away... but at 1025$ a month with all expenses, it would be hard to justify such an expense. I could use it as a shop, but if my day job gets crazy (like it often does), I am stuck footing the bill. It is not off the radar, as someone may want to partner up and split expenses, but not in the works yet. But this said, if someone wants to rent part of the space for storage, let me know... something can be worked out.

So, my work shed will now become a storage area. No more paint/clearcoat booth for now. Not the best idea, but my basement is overrun right now. And it makes it hard to complete game repairs as I am stuck shifting crap around all the time. Very time consuming.

First world problems. LOL

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Over 1000 a month? Heck, building a bigger shop would be cheaper. Who needs a back yard anyways? :D
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck

Post by Blackghost4 »

Finally getting the Twilight Zone all shopped out for a friend. Big Thanks to Denis ( Steamfitter ) for all his help. It looks really nice now.
Attachments
20201009_182542.jpg
20201008_143345.jpg
20201009_091021.jpg
20201008_122404.jpg
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988), Gottlieb Striker (1982) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988), Gottlieb Incredible Hulk (1979), Gottlieb Counterforce (1980)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979 cocktail pinball) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978), Gottlieb Deadly Weapon (1990)

Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along, Gottlieb Genesis, Gottlieb Force II, Gottlieb Card Whiz, Gottlieb Sinbad

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck

Post by Blackghost4 »

The Hulk finally all done up last week and next to Spiderman where it belongs.
Attachments
20200925_121748.jpg

crackpin
MAACA Silent Type
Been liked: 5 times

Post by crackpin »

My DialedIn screen is broken, so while I wait for replacement, I hooked my iPhone instead! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgIZVxshQq4
Pin: The Walking Dead Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, Interflip Dragon, Stern Meteor, Star Trip, Gottlieb 300,
Abra Ca Dabra, Devil's Dare, Monster Bash CE, Solar Fire, Twilight Zone, The Shadow, Dialed In LE
Project: William Road Kings
Previous: Munsters Premium

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Fifty »

Sparky wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:21 am
Where to begin. Well, I sat in my gameroom for an hour last night, contemplating the overcrowding. Recent developments have understandably kyboshed many plans, so I need to reassess space usage.

I am looking for a ground-level, heated storage space, but those don't come cheap. I did find a nice space literally 5 blocks away... but at 1025$ a month with all expenses, it would be hard to justify such an expense. I could use it as a shop, but if my day job gets crazy (like it often does), I am stuck footing the bill. It is not off the radar, as someone may want to partner up and split expenses, but not in the works yet. But this said, if someone wants to rent part of the space for storage, let me know... something can be worked out.

So, my work shed will now become a storage area. No more paint/clearcoat booth for now. Not the best idea, but my basement is overrun right now. And it makes it hard to complete game repairs as I am stuck shifting crap around all the time. Very time consuming.

First world problems. LOL
Some of you guys need to post pics of your basement storage areas. Sylvain, and Sparky I nominate you both.

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by cait001 »

we can all use some organizational inspiration
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”