Redemption Hockey Pin

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Redemption Hockey Pin

Postby Chris Silver » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:58 am

A few years ago I saw one of these things and thought it was cool. I passed the seller information to Madtitan and he scooped it up. Shortly after, he had Murrsky do his magic and reskinned it for the Ottawa Show. It was beautiful and a fun piece of advertisement. Since then I have wanted one for myself and picked up the one below.

This is a quirky little commercial redemption game designed around a pinball concept. You insert a quarter and rotate the coin slot. From that point you wait and watch the "D" cell operated hopper rotate and dispense your ball. Now you are in control of the small rubber ball and hammer away at the mechanically controlled flippers with the intent of targeting the ball into a hole at the top of the playfield. There is an opto switch up there that will allow a second ball to be dispensed as an added prize. When the ball drains you collect it from the flapper located in the front of the machine.

Its such a cute little setup I thought I would share.
Attachments
IMG_3596.PNG
IMG_3600.JPG
IMG_3601.JPG
IMG_4429.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

tombiosis
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: Redemption Hockey Pin

Postby tombiosis » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Now that...is cool!
Pins: 8BDlx, Frontier, Big Buck Hunter, Firepower, Fish Tales, Sure Shot, Iron Maiden Pro.
Gone but not forgotten: 6M$M, Sorcerer, WPT, Elvis, Centaur II.

WTB: Fathom, TSPP, BSD, GOT.

Quit talking and start chalking!

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:44 pm

which is the winner hole? Or are all the upper holes winner holes?

Is there a booth outside I can exchange my prizes for cash winnings?
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: Bradmatic Ballwin De Luxe, 1937 Genco Junior, 1934 Gottlieb Merry-Go-Round, 1933 Exhibit Supply Select-Em, 2004 Apollo 1 Arepachi (CRアレパチ アポロ1号), 2016 Thunder Dragon Z (CRサンダードラゴンZ), 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf, 1964 Wulff Rialto, 2015 Ranma 1/2 (CRA羽根らんま1/2R), Sammy Miracle Hustler Arrangeball, Glory Ball Deluxe (out for repair), スマートボール (Smart Ball) (lent), 1934 PAMCO Contact Master, 1936 Bally Challenger (lent), 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series (out for restoration), 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade, 1932 Ballyround, 1935 Cannon Fire, 1934 Fleet, 1935 Impact, 1935 Spot-Lite
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Cosmic Avenger, Varkon, Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:29 am

The hole on the top left centre side of the playfield has the Opto switch which when registered allows the second ball to enter play. When the balls drain they come out the prize flapper door in the front of the machine. There are hollow plastic balls inside with notes in them that could be used as coupons for the store they are in.

As much as I enjoyed having this machine in my collection it will be going to Warlok in Toronto.
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:33 am

Step one: buy new gumballs. Bulk gumballs and capsule toys cost nothing! I think I'm going to give gachapon capsules out at Hallowe'en this year: http://www.gumball.com
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

Murrsky
MAACA Half-ling

Postby Murrsky » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 pm

oooohhhh, very nice!

So, what theme is it gonna be?? :wink:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current Lineup: Space Shuttle | Party Zone | Royal Rumble |Genesis | Road Kings | Black Pyramid

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Murrsky wrote:oooohhhh, very nice!

So, what theme is it gonna be?? :wink:

I think Scott might contact you. ;)

MadTitan
MAACA Millennial

Postby MadTitan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Murrsky is THE BEST! Period.

I'll be bringing mine to OPGS without a doubt. The machine itself is very reliable and the 400 D batteries (I think its actually 6 or 8) it takes to operate it last forever. I changed them when I bought the machine for due diligence sake, and haven't had to change them since. I dont regret the purchace in the slightest.

Warlok, If you don't want to scrape gum off your machines on location, I suggest filling it with Jawbreakers (be sure to advertise as such.... Sorry Cait)

[/attachment]
20180309_183310.jpg
20180309_183303.jpg
Attachments
DSC01027.JPG

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Pins:Eight Ball Deluxe, Mars God of War , Black Hole , bally star trek , Sinbad , Flash Gordon , Gorgar , Black Knight
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , Meteor

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”