Marco Specialties shipping ... WTF????

Talk about anything that you would like.
Sparky
MAACA OG

Marco Specialties shipping ... WTF????

Postby Sparky » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:53 am

Ok, I admit... I haven’t bought anything from Marco’s in years. I thought I would give it a try.

So... I ordered a set of drop targets for Mystic, and some small stuff for Black Pyramid such as new pop caps, coindoor decals, backglass channels, and 2 sets of coindoor bolts. So... nothing heavy, right?

So WHY THE FUCK WAS IT 145$ IN FUCKING SHIPPING??

I recently got an alloy tonneau cover (bed cover) for my pickup. The box was 6 feet long, 3 feet wide and almost a foot thick. Weighed 50lbs. And that, plus another large box of Weathertech floor mats was 40$ in shipping. But this 30” long, 4 inch high and 4 inch deep, 2lbs box was 145$ (brokerage and exchange included).

For fucks sake. If I had no choice to get ass-fucked on shipping, the least they could do is buy me dinner.

Last fucking time I order there. Even Ebay would be cheaper. Lol

Oh well. I needed the parts. But damn... lol
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

EvanDickson
MAACA Buck

Re: Marco Specialties shipping ... WTF????

Postby EvanDickson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 am

I backed out of an order there last week because they wanted $80 USD shipping as the cheapest and slowest option for a tiny, light package. On top of that, they don't let you pay in USD, Marco converts to $CAD at an exchange rate of 45% and charges you that (where paypal would have charged 31% on that day).

I bought my stuff at pinball life for $48 USD for expedited 3-5 day shipping and no currency gouging.

novaguy
MAACA Half-ling

Postby novaguy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:42 am

I ordered target decals for a black night more than 10 years ago and I think the shipping then was around 35 bucks.what a rip off.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:50 am

Sparky wrote:Ok, I admit... I haven’t bought anything from Marco’s in years. I thought I would give it a try.

So... I ordered a set of drop targets for Mystic, and some small stuff for Black Pyramid such as new pop caps, coindoor decals, backglass channels, and 2 sets of coindoor bolts. So... nothing heavy, right?

So WHY THE FUCK WAS IT 145$ IN FUCKING SHIPPING??

I recently got an alloy tonneau cover (bed cover) for my pickup. The box was 6 feet long, 3 feet wide and almost a foot thick. Weighed 50lbs. And that, plus another large box of Weathertech floor mats was 40$ in shipping. But this 30” long, 4 inch high and 4 inch deep, 2lbs box was 145$ (brokerage and exchange included).

For fucks sake. If I had no choice to get ass-fucked on shipping, the least they could do is buy me dinner.

Last fucking time I order there. Even Ebay would be cheaper. Lol

Oh well. I needed the parts. But damn... lol

Ian, I order from Marco for Alouette every 10 days or so. If you just shoot me part numbers and quantities I will take care of all the rest of the bullshit, including getting your drop targets at a better price than Marco. Pinball Resource supplies Marco bumper caps and drop targets, and so many other things. I order form Steve every 10 days or so as well. Quality at Pinball Life is questionable, so I do not order there at all. OEM is an important abbreviation in after market parts, Pinball Resource comes the closest to the Original Equipment Manufacturing thang.

Apart from you not paying crazy shipping from Marco, we can have alot more fun ordering your parts than you having a one on one with a screen. :D

Hugs,

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:37 am

yeah... but wait... there is more.... they ship by UPS ... so you're not finished paying for it yet

Azatotht
Admins

Postby Azatotht » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:31 am

Splitskull wrote:yeah... but wait... there is more.... they ship by UPS ... so you're not finished paying for it yet

And you will probably have to go pick your package somewhere after they tried to deliver it at 1:00PM 3 days in a row when you're not home :FP:
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Marco just lost my business last week for the same thing. $23 knocker assy., 250g weight. They wanted an additional $70USD for shipping, handling, and brokerage. The only reason I order from them now is when they're literally the only people that have an item.

I shot an email to PBR and got the same component all in to my door for $40 within three days.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Postby Mrhide » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 pm

this is a known fact for the last 5 years ... you living under a rock or something?! :FP: call Rab and he orders it for you.
LF: GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Steph
MAACA Wacko

Postby Steph » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 am

Wait, what ...? $ 145 for shipping ?!?!?!?!

Was Marco flying down personally on his private jet to hand-deliver the stuff to you on a silver platter ???

Were you able to cancel the order ????

That's just stupid...
2084 : Last Hope for Humanity

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:42 am

Steph wrote:Wait, what ...? $ 145 for shipping ?!?!?!?!

Was Marco flying down personally on his private jet to hand-deliver the stuff to you on a silver platter ???

Were you able to cancel the order ????

That's just stupid...

I needed the parts. And I didn't know Rob did orders there. I no longer read the forums daily nor keep informed of everything as I work 80hrs+ a week and on the road a lot, and been doing so for 3 years. So yeah. I am under a rock. Lol

So yeah... I paid 58$US for shipping and paid 50$US for brokerage. Add the crappy exchange rate and there you have it.

And the worst thing is that it was the cheapest option, through USPS. And to add insult to injury, it said 18$US on the fucking shipping tag. So they blatantly ripped me off.

Mrhide
MAACA OG

Postby Mrhide » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 am

fight it. or at least send an email asking them why ?
LF: GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Postby Fifty » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:52 am

I use to ship my Marco items to my US address to avoid the high price of shipping. I use to work near Ogdensburg, NY so it wasn't a big deal for me to drive over and pick up the package. Plus I'd fill up my gas tank while I was there.

I'm no longer working near the border so I wouldn't do this any more. I visit Vegas every year though so I just have them ship anything I need directly to the hotel.

Sparky
MAACA OG

Postby Sparky » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:01 am

Mrhide wrote:fight it. or at least send an email asking them why ?

I did write to them. Not a peep back. Why would they care anyways. They would most assuredly counter with the fact that I agreed to pay and that is that. It is pointless debating with them.

The best solution is just never shop there again. Period. Next time I will go the Ebay route or another source if I can’t get it locally.

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:28 am

I just order everything via Rob unless I know I'm doing a trip south of the border soon.
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

shane
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby shane » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:43 am

Lol, agreed.

I was going to order a Janin 4 in 1 board not that long ago, very expensive yes but over 100$ usd for shipping a .5 lb. Box? C'mon, simply thievery.

Going old fashioned way next time.
Collaborate list, call Rob and order parts,
Take half a day off work and drive down to mtl. With cash.
Pay, say thanks and shake a( smiling ) hand.
( this way I can stop at mon village for dinner ).

I've also noticed it's only Marco.
Comet, bayside, Mayfair, Pbr, all fair shipping.

Funny side note,

If you're filling a cart online ( Marco ) and abandon cart prior to checkout, ( at shipping screen).
Check your email the following morning, there will be a 10% off shipping code! Still prohibitively expensive but kinda funny.
Shane. "Just because I love pinball doesn't mean I'm any good".

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling

Postby uberhare » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:49 am

Last time I ordered from Marco was 2016. I paid $49.99 for overnight shipping which includes brokerage. That was a few days before a league night when Dr Who spit out its gearbox. Mind you - I called and had them process the order because I didn't like the online options.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:32 am

I think it's because Marco partnered with an external shipping company that handles all the quotes and thus charges a massive markup. Landlords seeking rent.
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling

Postby uberhare » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:18 pm

That would make sense. Everyone putting their hands in the cookie jar.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Sammy31
MAACA Silent Type

Postby Sammy31 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 am

Been a while since I ordered from Marco now I know why... Put in a small 50$ USD order and they tried to charge me almost 40$ USD in shipping... to a US address!...cancelled my order.

Bagdad
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Bagdad » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 pm

cait001 wrote:I think it's because Marco partnered with an external shipping company that handles all the quotes and thus charges a massive markup. Landlords seeking rent.

They already had that partnership when I was ordering 2 years ago. But still, you could order small parts for under 10$ shipping. Now, it's starting at 35$ no matter what.

What I noticed is that they removed the "standard shipping" option. Now you can only select priority mail or faster.
Own: Diner / Hurricane / Who Dunnit / Black Knight SOR premium
Looking for : JunkYard / Black Knight 2000 / Black Rose

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”