ROUTINE ON THE ROAD – REFUGE BY THE RIVERSIDE

Talk about anything that you would like.
Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: ROUTINE ON THE ROAD – REFUGE BY THE RIVERSIDE

Post by Mrhide »

People make me feel all right!

:party
LF: VewLix, GrooveCoaster + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 11 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Mrhide wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03 am
People make me feel all right!

:party
People Make me Feel all right ? WTF, somethink wong hear posted from Phillll-IP.

When I saw MrHide's post on this R n' R thread today, and listened to that song, I was suddenly completely convinced that it was the full moon yesterday. Not only were women in my entourage acting wiggy for the past couple of days, hell even MrHide was off his rocker by making less sense than usually. :lol: But thankfully, a steadier period is what I tend to look forward to after that fuckin' bright hole in the night sky starts to wane. Managed to do some writing today and plan the next routine for Saturday.

Hell at least I know to lay low when I am feeling unstable. I don't take on anything to demanding a day or two before that moon goes full, that much I have learned. Also, I watch out for sudden burst of crazy behaviour from otherwise reasonable people I know.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com
http://www.alouetteamusement.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will then only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of occurences come hell or calm tides.

In real life I always preferred exceptional qualities in any normal state of affairs. But alas, many people have suddenly become exceptional via a world wide web of self-promotion upheld by the new dumb that it has made the quest for something truly exceptional much more difficult.

"Ah, you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. Hell, you never really know what the frag they will say or do next." My Alter Ego

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

THAT LAST SATURDAY IN AUGUST
WARNING TO SHORT ATTENTION SPANS - THIS NEXT POST WILL BE TEXT HEAVY

The idea was to start the day at the same time as in the per-pandemic period. You remember that time way back when, just before spring sprung and then slowly began to lose its' aura of rebirth as we came to terms with the situation ? Damn bug !

So this called for an 8:30 AM pick up time at Joanna's place in St.Henri, coffee at 8:50 on the Main with our spunky coffee lady asking if we wanted shots of espresso with our java and then running up the stairs to the North Star by 9 to check on the herd. All that went as planned, the only difference was the time distribution for the rest of this rain and shine Saturday. The structure of our schedual for this 30th of August 2020 daytime was dependant on a Montreal Pinball shop job's repair integrity and status, and that is all we could really base ourselves on in a world of uncertainty and fabricated security.

So the plan was to get to JamesSchid shop by 10:30 and give the final OK & blessing to that 1963 “GiGi” we had in his shop since August 4 and were working on when we both had time. We were due to release it to its' rightful owner at noon that day. It played very well, and based myself on that consistency in behaviour in order to call the client and give the OK for him to make his way down from Blainville to pick it up.

The owner was the grandson of a long gone amusement machine operator, Devost Amusements. So before Yan got there we continued to run some more tests (i.e. played the god damn machine) and everything continued to be stable. We detailed a few more minor adjustments via Joanna's hawks eye observation skills. This repair client was thrilled out of his mind to see it play again and looking clean and refreshed, - it had been well over 20 years since he played his father's beat up old GiGi until it failed to turn on to anyone's touch decades ago and just sat there until now.

Little is more satisfying for me these days than to see the wonder in people's eyes when they approach and lay their hands on a clean and well tuned pinball, it is excitement of a high order and beckons me to remember that sense of wonder. The ability to provide something so wonderful to others makes the routine activity of shop work and home service much more meaningful.

This client happily paid his bill and we loaded what Joanna still calls “that perverse clown machine” into the vehicle. She dug the gameplay, but could have done without that 60's clown vibe.

We head up to the storage unit, unloaded some parts that were in the trunk of my car for far too long and grabbed other parts stemming from requests received during the 3 day work week at Alouette. These are usually older EM parts which they don't have in stock, but that I do, so this way I can complete some of the client's orders in ways I could not previously accomplish under a corporate umbrella. I often write oddball parts requests on the back of old business cards and keep them in my change pocket so that when I reach for change, I am reminded of what I need to pick up at my parts locker. The other thing I enjoy about providing parts is when someone calls for an oddball part and I can tell them that I have it or that I will have it in on hand by the next two days. Whether it is a schematic for a Williams “Smoke Signal”, a score reel for GTB Aquarius or some retaining bracket for a weird older Bally coin door, I am always happy to send it to the person who will use it to help complete a puzzle they are bringing back to original. I love that, all those parts coming together. I have accumulated lots of parts over the years and still find lots of stuff left on the dusty shelves at Alouette. Ideally, they need to go to the people who are best suited to use them or have them sent to the right place in order to preserve the originality of those machines. In a way, that is one of my mission statements these days.

We ate lunch at that place that serves amazing & hearty pho at good prices. We were able to sit comfortably inside just like we use to in the pre-covid days, and the owners were happy to see us again. Hell, so were we and the place was comfortably half full, but that was usually the case, even before the bug took hold of our routines.

Joanna and I talked about a bunch of stuff other than pinball, things that were weighing on her mind lately, family matters and such and I was glad I could help just by listening. I learned long ago to never give advice unless you are asked, just listen, really listen and it will usually help. In fact the party with woes ends up helping themselves by talking to someone who can just listen and keep quiet. We can usually make sense of anything given time, and we can make ourselves believe what we choose to believe in order to go on, because going on is really what it is all about. Getting better at what you do and going on is the most ideal scenario in my opinion. But for so many, it is just easier to go on without working to hard at getting better, just do what you have to do to get by and what's the point really ? So many people end up resigning to that fate of being comfortable and eventually just limp on to the finish line. Not the way to go in my book, not when really dealing with this damn thing called life. None of us asked to be here cause there was no you to ask for it. But speaking for myself, and now that I am here, I am sure as shit not gonna let this thing called life pass through me without at least having some influence on it.

We then head east on Hochelaga until we got to the microbrewery "Avant-Garde" where North Star operates 3 music themed pinballs (GTB Rock, STN Metallica & Iron Maiden) since that is the vibe there. They were appropriately spaced since this is a large space where you can see the big brewing vats behind the pins. We looked over the machines and everything looked up to snuff. We then headed to Prefontaine metro to meet a dude who was selling a gameboy on kijiji for 20 bucks. I thought it would be cool to get that for my son who is starting to repair and restore different game consoles, so we waited in the rain and shelter of the metro for the guy to show. We had schedualed the meeting from the moment we knew what time GiGi was going to get picked up thus setting the pace for the rest of the day as I said. The guy finally showed up and we head back to the south west.

Had diligently schedualed myself a nap since I was meeting 3 fellow maaca members from the Quebec city region that night a North Star. We would likely partake in closing the place at midnight as provincial regulations allow. In anticipation of the visit I made a reservation for 4 or 5 people and head home. Little did I know that my guests had also made a reservation for 9 people at 9. It all worked out in the end and was kind of funny. I was looking forward to hanging out with ballyhoo, my francophone philosophical brother, mdeslaur a low key member who restores and repairs with careful precision and Dreg604 from Arcade Moi Ca, a very cool youtube channel. It was a wonderful evening reminding us of how important connections are, something that has been quite threatened of late.

I got to the North Star - Machines a Piastres at 7:30 pm and found Shannon tending bar and Jordan and Ruby sitting at the end of that same long beautiful bar with the D.Gottlieb & Co. factory sign gracing the barback. We ended up just talking and hanging out beneath its night time glow and I realized how much I miss that type of scene & atmosphere. The music is kept lower so people can talk through their masks and hear eachother speak. I very much like low volume music in bars now, - getting older. We chatted about pinball history, industry news, the context from which North Star came to be and asking about out how everyone was doing these days. Felt good to be there with people I like and appreciate. Yes, I miss living these regular routine like encounters when things were pre-covid. We now have to make the most of this new reality I guess, yes, that is the current challenge, no doubt about it.

There were two other people playing pinball and an overall quiet atmosphere that I knew would grow into something else by 10 pm. It always had, but now, it was just on a smaller scale. I waited to order a drink, paid my 10$ for unlimited pinball and went straight for Eight Ball Deluxe and spent some time with it and my memories. Moved on to OXO, Solar City and Fireball Classic. Looked at the other machines for bugs (I guess that is a habit even now) and jotted down a few notes in the repair log book behind the bar.

Ballyhoo had told me earlier via text that they would be there by 8PM, hence my reservation instinct and assumption that we would be 4 or 5. Shannon informed me that there was a group of 9 that had reserved for 9PM so she set up the tables accordingly and asked if I was OK with sitting next to the old bar from the underground North Star with my friends. Absolutely, anywhere will do. I continued to wait past 8 reflectively standing at the open window watching the rain. Feeling thankful about the present and looking forward to a new future. Waiting until around 9 for my guests from Quebec city and their mates to show up. I was more than happy to greet the group and take our place by the window in the back corner of this wonderful space called le North Star - Machines a Piastres. Tout était au rendez-vous pour une soirée remplie de connections.

J'étais assis à la grande fenêtre ouverte du deuxième étage du North Star à regarder la pluie et les gens dans la nuit qui ce promène sur cette rue principale qui divise encore notre ville en deux, quand un groupe de 6 personnes se sont manifestés à l'entré du bar. J'ai tout de suite tourner mon regard vers eux et j'ai reconnu André en premier, Jean-François pas loin derrière lui et Marc avec les compagnes de ces trois membres de la région de la ville de Québec ont suivi. Mon instinct était de leur serrer la main, mais la nouvel façon de se taper les coudes à pris le dessus.

Après être installé dans la section réservé, et qui est selon mon opinion, très mal nommé le “VIP booth”, tout semble en ordre pour une soirée mémorable dans cette alcôve. Ma réservation superflu pour 4 personnes à une autre table à rapidement était rempli par un groupe de jeunes du Plateau ce samedi soir. En rentrant, ballyhoo a insisté pour payer le prix d'entrée pour sa gang au complet et m'a offert un verre. J'étais à mon deuxième cidre et je l'ai pris lentement pour que je puisse rester le plus tard possible, la journée sur la route avait été longue. Même si j'avais fait un petit somme vers 16hres.

André et moi avons commencer a jaser, puisque nous étions assis un à côté de l'autre et la soirée a débuté à partir de la. Le sujet du North Star, du MacFly et de son excellente chaîne youtube “Arcade Moi Ça” a pris le devant des échanges. André m'a dit qu'il est toujours séduit par le North Star, cette endroit avec son line up de machines d'une diversité unique et des installations artistiques qui complète l'ambiance. Nous avons parlé de toute sortes de détails durant le courant de la soirée en plus de tirer une couples de jeux sur plusieurs machines. Nous avons aussi fait de petites mises, en particulier sur le backbox de la Sea Breeze qui sert d'une façon de faire des paris discrets en étant assis à sa table sans lancer des dés. Les chiffres de pointage sur le backglass danse durant l'animation et un moment donné la lumière accélère pour ensuite ralentir et finalement s'arrêter sur un des scores au hasard du processeur. Alors, en bonne tradition, et en grand respect pour le passé louche de l'industrie de l'amusement, nous avons chacun mis un pari sur un chiffre. André a choisi 500,000 et moi 30,000, J.F. le 90,000. La séquence d'animation se manifeste en dessous de la beauté du backglass dessiné par le beau frère de Jacques Tremblay, Louis Léger. Une fois que la lumière s'est arrêté sur le 70,000, le nom Sea Breeze semble danser avec les vagues de lumières qui l'illumine. Ce backglass d'une exceptionnelle beauté, comme la Richelieu a aussi été dessiné par Louis Léger. L'animation du backglass de la Sea Breeze par James Schidlowsky est mon installation favorite après l'enseigne de l'usine Gottlieb que lui et moi avons pris 14 heures à installer en arrière du bar en Décembre 2015.

Shannon a continuer à nous prêter ses attentions pendant cette soirée de connections. Elle est passée nous voir occasionnellement ce qui n'est pas la pratique habituelle, car il n'y a pas de service au tables au North Star. Elle est une personne qui comprend l'importance des attentions envers les autres.

André avait communiqué avec un ami que Shannon, lui et moi avons en commun (Mike) pour qu'il vienne faire un tour, mais il n'a pas pu se libérer. Par de même, un régulier du North Star que j'apprécie beaucoup m'avais envoyer un texte pour voir si la rumeur que j'allais être là ce soir là était vrai. Des rumeurs il y en a beaucoup ces jours-ci, avez-vous remarqué? J'ai répondu que oui j'étais là, et que je recevais des amis de la région de Québec. Par contre, partie remise pour David, il y avait quand même beaucoup de pluie et j'étais avec des invités que je ne vois pas souvent. Encore une fois, Jean-François et moi avons fait des plans de ce voir à Québec avant l'hiver et avons parler de philosophie brièvement, d'idées, d'écritures etc. Je suis certainement dû pour monter les voir dans leur monde.

J'avais des pièces pour ballyhoo dans le backroom du North Star qu'il avait commandé chez Alouette vendredi après-midi. Les pattes de machine à boules Williams n/p A-19514 sont lourdes et coûte cher à expédier, alors avant de partir vers 23hres, je suis aller les chercher en arrière. Nous avons révisé la commande et les back order ensemble et nos sourires et nos rires était là comme d'habitude couvert par des masques, mais ils étaient là pareil. Marc allait aussi m'envoyer une commande de pièces lundi matin pour sa Slugfest et le tout allait être expédié à Québec quand les back orders arrive après une commande chez Marco et une chez Pbresource qui s'accumulent à chaque 10 jours chez Alouette.

La seule chose qui compte dans cette vie sont les connections que nous avons avec les autres, le reste c'est du blah blah bullshit. Comme l'argent excessive, le pouvoir utilisé contre les autres, la gloire devant les insignifiants sont toutes des illusions de grandeur pour ceux qui sont pauvre d'esprit. Et il y'en a énormément des gens qui sont pauvres d'esprit ces jours-ci comme jamais.

I then went around to say goodbye to Shannon and the regulars that dotted the place which I could recognize behind the masks of our times and finally headed towards our table of friends from Québec city in order de dire au revoir et donner à Jean-François la balance des ces pièces qui était dans un sac d'Alouette dans le back room avec ma chemise de Cineplex-Starburst que j'ai porté ce soir-là contre la pluie en espérant que ça allait être assez pour me garder au sec, pas vraiment.

As I began to head for the exit a woman stepped in my way and hence stopped me dead in my tracks.

“Rob, is that you ?” It took me a while to recognize her before deciding to admit to her that she had identified me by a vocal representation.

“Audrey ! I am so glad you finally made it to North Star, I was hoping to see you here sometime.” I uttered back. She told me that this was her second visit and that she too hoped to cross my path eventually.

Audrey is a music student and artist who works part time at the Bifteck, a St.Laurent boul. dive I like very much and have frequented often since the mid 80's. It is basically a McGill and Concordia hang out with cheap beer and an atmosphere to be reckoned with. This atmosphere is generally maintained by some of the regulars who are mostly the left behind intellectual alma matter of the 80's, I guess I qualified as that in a way.

North Star had operated a World Cup Soccer '95 there in the pre-covid days and I got to know Audrey pretty well. We would talk music and art as I drank Boreale on Saturday afternoons after doing the rounds for North Star on the Main. Joanna was sometimes there with me and she knew Audrey from when she had briefly worked at Bifteck years ago. When we took the machine out of there on the owner's request, I lost touch with Audrey. She knew of North Star Machines à Piastres like so many people do but hadn't been there yet. I had told her back then and on numerous occasions that she was missing something of a high order as far Montreal, art, history and most pinball fixations are concerned. So, I was very pleased to see her there under cover of a mask that night. She enthusiastically told me how safe she felt at North Star with all the precautions that were taken in order to maintain distance and cleanliness. She continued to praise our set up and said that so many other bars she has been to have done so little. Bifteck hardly changed a thing and she has decided to work less shifts there for those reasons and others. There is a lack of care in many bar owners towards their clientele and staff. Audrey was a little on the drunk side and kept hailing the merits of what the management had done at North Star to take care of their community of patrons who frequent this special establishment which I am very proud to have had a hand in bringing forth. She kept me from leaving with the flow of her words and expressions, a beautiful young woman indeed with art in her eyes and words to match.

Again, all that will eventually end up being of importance in a good and full life are the connections you have with others. There are the ones to maintain and there are the ones to let go of in order to make the most of your time. That is all one can do within the routines, while the refuge continues to grow in importance now as more and more things begin to end.

“I was born here and I will die here, all against my will....... It's not dark yet, but it is getting there.” - Bob Dylan

Last edited by R.A.B. on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will then only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of occurences come hell or calm tides.

In real life I always preferred exceptional qualities in any normal state of affairs. But alas, many people have suddenly become exceptional via a world wide web of self-promotion upheld by the new dumb that it has made the quest for something truly exceptional much more difficult.

"Ah, you god damn writers, never a good word for anything. Hell, you never really know what the frag they will say or do next." My Alter Ego

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by WARLOCK »

With School and University back in session, my wife let me out of the province and to head to Montreal finally. (after 6 months due to all this nonsense)
I was last ON THE ROAD for Pinball and work related adventures in March on the 11th and 12th in Montreal and I watched before my eyes as life changed completely.

It was great to look at the Refuge and see the mighty Saint Lawrence continue on as she always has with nary a concern with what the ants are doing on the mounds of soil around her.
A brief trip this time to see RAB, the North Star gang, a couple of individuals and to shuffle a couple members of the herd that have been dormant for 6-7 months. I suspect I will return soon.

Until then, Cheers. Salut.
All the very best.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

WARLOCK wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 am
With School and University back in session, my wife let me out of the province and to head to Montreal finally. (after 6 months due to all this nonsense)
I was last ON THE ROAD for Pinball and work related adventures in March on the 11th and 12th in Montreal and I watched before my eyes as life changed completely.

It was great to look at the Refuge and see the mighty Saint Lawrence continue on as she always has with nary a concern with what the ants are doing on the mounds of soil around her.
A brief trip this time to see RAB, the North Star gang, a couple of individuals and to shuffle a couple members of the herd that have been dormant for 6-7 months. I suspect I will return soon.

Until then, Cheers. Salut.
All the very best.
@ Warlock : We both clearly remember that heightened feeling of caution in the air during your springtime visit, just before the ides of March. We have talked about it many times.

I also clearly remember you and I both sitting at a lunch counter in TMR, not talking, (that in itself being rare) and just watching the uncertain & suspicious behaviour of the populace trying to go about their routine like tasks and not really being sure how to step forward or sideways or how to back off completely. I still get uneasy thinking about that scene. The end of the routines seemed to have begun for many just around that time.

Your recent visit as well was not routine like, or maybe it was since we now know how to step forward and back and in so many directions at the toss of a hat and the sporting of a mask. Cautiously still, while holding our breath as to what may come next whether it will be something nasty or something good. As always, we need to be responsible if we want to eventually get some of our freedom of movements back, and as always, the essential problem remains the dumb dumbs and the greedheads who both contribute in separating the concepts of freedom and responsibility when they should always go hand in hand for a better way of life. They should not be made incongruent for the individual's needs alone.

As I stated in my text heavy post above (which as you know is my last story like entry about trying to maintain a routine), I believe that the refuge will continue to grow in importance over the ashes of so many of the ones that have been broken. There will likely be even more breaking of routines during the holiday season and how we bring in the new year. Refuge (not just the physical kind) seems so much more vital to one's sanity and mental health as more patterns and behaviours have suddenly changed and/or simply ended.

New beginnings laced with a certain celebration of life quality seem to lay far away in the distance as we move towards the end of this foul year. It is hard to maintain joy in a climate of caution and weariness.

I will remember the springtime and how it felt, and I will also remember that feeling of overwhelming doubt and caution and fear which the ides of March 2020 brought on over the general population.

All my hopes for a joyful renaissance sometime in this decade.

R.A.B.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Speaking of Renaissance, this is the waterfront view five minutes down the road from my hotel. The GM Renaissance Center. I’m starting week five of eight in Windsor Ontario. It’s odd seeing the town so torpid and empty. Detroit is so close you can touch it, but you can’t. You can see the people in cars on the shoreline. It’s like staring into another fish tank.

I’m tired of the Covid shit show and being away from my family and friends. You gotta do what you gotta do. At the moment, this is my norm.
Attachments
131D3939-4D4C-4F0D-8DF2-D519D79752F8.jpeg
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera, Baby Pac Man, Blackout, Alien Poker
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

With the anticipated reactions which are going to take place very soon in the face of the growing numbers of COVID cases in my beloved city, (and elsewhere) while these numbers are mostly represented by the younger and generally healthier generations for now, I don't see the point of trying to maintain a routine or even report on a routine that can not stand up in the face of looming social instability. I am a strong believer in context being a determining factor as to the sustainability and the characteristics of events. The instability which we have been experiencing is likely to grow and take a strong hold monkey grip of us and all our efforts to stay on course, let alone trying to anticipate what is lurking in the wings for the winter of 2020. No one knows for sure how desperate this could get for the general populace, or how ugly and nasty this will get when the dumb dumbs of the populace react in the face of the worse case scenario,- that being when the rat bastards we now have amongst us leave the ship because they see nothing more to scavenge and make their exodus from the cities.

Az, please lockdown this thread as of tomorrow night, this will hopefully give me enough time to edit my 70 posts for errors and tweaks and allow for that valuable retrospective adjustment pertaining to this nearly year old document which I have enjoyed immensely in writing (and sharing) with a gang of derlictics on MAACA, even if only a handful of screwheads ventured in daring to post. Indeed, I am forced to admit that I am a degenerate by specialty, and if you are going to get wasted, I agree with Keith Richards, - get wasted elegantly.

Leaving you with what is below. Words from our current context adjacent to the words of a sage from the cultural revolution of the last century in order for you to listen to and consider carefully since we are in a dangerous period for human civilization as we witness the end of another empire. And for now, we can more or less safely observe democracy erode below us in an obscene celebration of savage stupidity, hate and anger which can only lead to violence.

Hugs and Salutations and Hopes, - this is the end of another written chapter.

R.A.B.
Last edited by R.A.B. on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by cait001 »

I never expected the end of the American Century would be so simultaneously embarrassing and terrifying.
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chris Silver »

“Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final”.

Rainer Maria Rilke
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera, Baby Pac Man, Blackout, Alien Poker
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Sparky
MAACA OG
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Sparky »

As for finalities...

"There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story."

-Frank Herbert

And as for all the shit going on so far?

"Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling"

-Walter Sobchak

Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Post by R.A.B. »

What is it that has really changed since the beginning of this foul year of our lord 2020 ?

I will tell you what has changed because of this covid thing. It is our ability to enjoy things together without worry or concern, without exercising too much caution when living out simple and natural gestures alongside eachother.

It remains easy for most of us to feel good when we are alone and quiet after a long day on the road, but there is another side to the human equation. That is the dimension which includes our need to be with others in a group that shares common values.

But now, when you need to be around others and on the road, not only does your destination have to be more precisiely calculated in advance, but every stop must also be measured and executed with guidelines. No more free wheeling, dancing, joking around with too much exuberance or even exploring your surroundings out of a natural curiosity for something new. That is what makes it difficult to feel light when you are out on the road now.

Might as well start peeing on trees like Kerouac did, we sort of have to in a way.

Please lock up this thread Az, - we are all done here.

R.A.B.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”