Warehousing pins with friends

Talk about anything that you would like.
cait001
MAACA Wacko

Warehousing pins with friends

Postby cait001 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:13 pm

So many of us have more pins than our house can hold, the overflow often resides in the houses of friends we trust.
Since sometimes it can be a big ask, please respond to this thread if you have space in your life for other people's pins.

Maybe in the future a friend in need of room will see it and ask you to babysit?
Whether you have room for one or many.

Tis the season! Happy holidays you maaca pinfiends.
Thanks to everyone that has lent me pins in the past, and is holding pins for me now. :)
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Re: Warehousing pins with friends

Postby semicolin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm now spread out over two ends of town. All your fault.

pharoah007
MAACA Wacko

Postby pharoah007 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:44 pm

I've done it a few times.

However, my friends list is limited.
"I am content sitting on my lawnchair, watching the trainwrecks happen right in front of me. I can't save the world anymore."
-Sparky
"Bag of bananas for a buck"
- Allentown produce Nazi
"Balsamic please"
- Best thing I ever heard at Steak n' Shakes
"Friendship is not about what you NEED from the other person."
- Me
I am with us.

Xylog
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Xylog » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm so full right now I am starting to think about loaning some out! :)

Gotta start on taking out that wall in the basement to expand... :FP:
Flash Gordon,Pinbot,Mr. & Mrs. Pacman,RollerGames,
Black Knight,Black Knight 2000,Atlantis(Bally),Civic Center,
Jungle Lord,Granny & The Gators, Expressway,Flash Baseball
Mousin' Around
LF: Bigger House

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Bumping to the post xmas crowd because I still think it's a good idea
WANTED: 1941 Groetchen Pike's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, bajazzo clown catcher, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines, 1951 Universal 5 Star

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Guard » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Frig....this is hitting home. Got my Shaq to set up but trying to decide which pin gets folded up and put into storage.
Fire Queen loses for now I guess as I haven't played Pat Hand as much since it was fixed up.. Sigh.....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Buccaneer/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Flip Flop/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/ Pat Hand /Strange Science/Card Whiz/ Genesis/Jolly Roger / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/Bronco/ Stern POTC
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Tri Zone/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Murphelman
MAACA QuarterPounder

Postby Murphelman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm

A few of us in Ottawa have been looking for something to rent cheap to hold a decent collection of pins to hold events and to place overflow games.

Rent here in Ottawa is terrible. there is a great co-op in Vermont and then Bluffs in Toronto. Having something like that in Ottawa would be awesome.

If anyone ever has a line on something I would love to hear about jr.
Own
Stern: Black Knight: SoR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Walking Dead, Jurassic Park
Bally/Williams: Shadow (out on trade), Twilight Zone, Demolition Man, Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, Jack*Bot
Data East: Nothing
Gottlieb: Nothing
Bally: Future Spa, F14 Tomcat
Williams: Laser Ball

Wishlist
Baywatch, Transformers, X-Men, Stern Star Trek, Paragon, Metallica, GnR, GoT
:mrgreen:

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Postby cait001 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Murphelman wrote:A few of us in Ottawa have been looking for something to rent cheap to hold a decent collection of pins to hold events and to place overflow games.

Rent here in Ottawa is terrible. there is a great co-op in Vermont and then Bluffs in Toronto. Having something like that in Ottawa would be awesome.

The dream, indeed!
I love the pinball co-op in Vermont and The Bluffs in tdot. Would love to one day set up a semi-permanent pinball history area somewhere, but still all a dream.

ibenaiah
MAACA Silent Type

Postby ibenaiah » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:38 pm

I have room at my place, but not sure how receptive my wife would be. I’m in Toronto.

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Postby Fifty » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 pm

As stated in another thread I have plenty of space, so I am able to store a few overflow machines for people.

Some history on my place: I am in Beaverbrook (Kanata), not far from Sylvain. The pins would be stored in my finished basement. I have lived in the same house for 10 years. No basement flooding to date (knock on wood). I run an air conditioner in the summer and regulate the humidity in the room with a separate dehumidifier. In the winter it's heated and we have a whole house humidifier on the furnace to maintain moisture levels. The only obstacle is a flight of 13 stairs. Straight down. They are a pain in the ass, but I have come up with a solution to install a pulley system and use it's mechanical advantages. I am just upgrading the basement ceiling and lighting and then I will be implementing the pulleys. If this fails then I'll be moving to a winch.

Feel free to contact me about storage via PM. I'm also not opposed to setting up a few pins for the owner(s) to work on them in my basement. Obviously we'd have to set up some ground rules first.

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 am

If i'm storing pins at a long time friend house ( maybe i'm hiding my pins from my wife ) and he tells me to take them out because he needs the space , how she i take to remove them ?

If i'm sharing my storage unit with a long time friend , how long do i wait when he's not paying his share of the unit before i tell him to get out ?

How many times should i have to ask them to get there pins out if there not making an effort to solve the problem .

Not every situation is perfect but this would be a worse case scenario :FP:

Denis
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Meteor
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Postby semicolin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:47 am

Denis, I think I know what you're getting at here and I know it's really none of my business, but perhaps the situation you are referring to isn't in the good spirit of this thread. Let's have good vibes!

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Postby steamfitter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:06 pm

Going in would good intentions doesn't meen it's going to end well . These are scenarios that could happen , didn't want to bring negativity just awareness .

Denis
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Meteor
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

DrDude
MAACA Half-ling

Postby DrDude » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I think the concept of "Warehousing pins with friends" is somewhere on the same line that extends between "crashing at a friend's house after a party" at the low end to "borrowing money for a business/investment from friends" at the high end. All such interactions involve at least the potential for abuse and a fallout leading to the loss of friendship. One has to be very respectful and aware of the burden assumed and imposed. The day a friend says "get this pin out of my house or my spouse is going to kill me and then you" one must be prepared to find an alternative solution, or risk that friendship. I have personally been "the bad guy" in such a situation (meaning I have not been able to move the pin out when asked), so I can relate. It is best to be up-front/honest with your potential "warehouse friend" that you will need a bit of notice if they need your machine out. I try to make sure that they have kids and a large basement, so that at the best, the machine will be enjoyed, and at the worst, it will not be burdensome for it to sit there unloved for a while. Also, keep the machine repaired and fully functional: A dead machine is just a dust-magnet (not to mention very sad!), and your warehouse friend is not likely also a pinball repair expert!
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Lightning, Nineball, Cheetah, Seawitch, Catacomb
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Balls-a-Poppin, Catacomb slingshot plastics
Lust-worthy: Dragonfist, Solar Fire, Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

pinhead
MAACA Wacko

Postby pinhead » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Murphelman wrote:A few of us in Ottawa have been looking for something to rent cheap to hold a decent collection of pins to hold events and to place overflow games.

We were thinking of having some events at our shop in the summer, we should have a ton of working games there by then. Our shop is only 40 minutes out of town. BBQ, beer fridge, and tons of fun!

We should talk Mike.
Ottawa pinball operator and game technician.
For sale video games, manuals, boards, ask what you need and I might be able to get it for you.

Ottawa pinball repair service is limited.

http://www.pinhead.ca/

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”