Sending Money to Someone in US

Talk about anything that you would like.
Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Been liked: 6 times

Sending Money to Someone in US

Post by Guard »

Thinking of grabbing a pin and having it shipped to Buffalo. What is the best way to send money to a person down there? I have US money already...
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Re: Sending Money to Someone in US

Post by necro_nemesis »

The problem is less about sending money as it is getting what you agreed on for it. You could simply use Paypal to send the money but you have no recourse. Trust me I did this before and got partly screwed on a CV. Buddy never sent me the boards in the picture and he robbed the bottom of the Ringmaster assembly. I got the boards but in the end he was an ass, took a picture of the ringmaster assembly and sent me the picture because after he got what he asked for the game he now wanted more. Then he disappeared with the assembly. I was very lucky to get one out of Belgium from a guy that used to call himself "The Duke of Pinball" that salvaged games from southern Europe. It was ugly and costly. Be careful that who you're dealing with can be trusted. That's your biggest concern because other than using an escrow service which is messy, it's a matter of having a trustworthy seller that lives up to what they said they would do.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Oh that CV was 1 of 200 prototypes which he never knew. He was an ass but a stupid ass. lol. I win.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

Thanks
PINS- Hit The Deck/Sure Shot/Fire Queen/ Volley/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/ Capt.Card/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/Card Whiz/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Spanish Eyes/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Countdown/Shaq Attaq
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling

Post by uberhare »

Paypal really doesn't offer any protection. The one time I had to claim something back, they supported the seller despite a fully documented claim with photos. I refuse to support paypal anymore.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

The guy has 100% rating on Pinside from about 30 raters so I took the chance and just sent it
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG

Post by necro_nemesis »

Sounds good. A lot of purchases work on the basis of circle of trust. Usually the ones you have to watch out for are the ones that have no association to a community with no reputation to uphold. Kind of have to get a feel for who you're dealing with from their activity and reputation. In many instances that's all you have to go on and if that's unsatisfactory unfortunately you often end up being unable to make the kind of deals you need to to get the pins you want. It's a bit uncomfortable situation regardless but it sounds like it should work out.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by Guard »

He sent pics of my Shaq going into a Stern box all wrapped up.....told him I like it as it's the closest I'll get to NIB.
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”