2020 Hawkesbury Flea Fair

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

2020 Hawkesbury Flea Fair

Post by Chris Silver »

Early March, snow on the ground and a sunny day. Sounds like a good time to bring up the Hawkesbury Flea Fair and look forward to spring.

So.... the first weekend in June (June 6-7) as always since 2014 look forward to another full fledged action packed Flea Fair. There's a twist. We'll probably be holding it at Gottlieb Rob's private playland in Alfred Ontario 15 minutes up the road from Hawkesbury. He even has his own unused private campground right beside his place. Rob has a super cool closed down retro restaurant from the 1980's with his private residence attached and an ultra modern complete security system. At the moment, the restaurant is full of project pins and should be ready by the Flea Fair.The Hawkesbury Flea fair is always FREE.

If anyone wants to prepare an IFPA sanctioned tournament, shoot me a post or PM. We can easily throw up Canada PinCon's - Canadian National Pinball Open (CNPO) banner. Wanna bring your camper trailer? Bring your camper trailer. Want to set a table an sell some goods? Sell them. Have a band? Bring your band. Wanna BBQ or do a tailgate? Do it. Its a private residence so BYOB. There's a few decent places to eat in town. There will definitely be a few more machines for sale than normal.

More information will follow soon. Ask any and all questions. At the very least, if Rob's place isn't ready in time we will be back at the bowling alley with all its glory. Get vready and plan it out cause here it comes.

:D :D :D
Attachments
H3.png
Last edited by Chris Silver on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

WARLOCK
MAACA Wacko

Re: 2020 Hawkesbury Flea Fair

Post by WARLOCK »

Sweet. I'm in ! Looking forward to it.
Happy to assist in any of the required ways that are needed.

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Post by steamfitter »

if i'm in town i'll be there :thumbup
Pins: Black Hole , Flash Gordon, Meteor
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Looking forward to it!
Show some pics of the space?
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Post by Chris Silver »

Here's some pics a few weeks ago before the renovations started. They restaurant and bar side will remain the same. The construction is the next area behind he's opening up for more machines.
Attachments
WSYR1620.JPG
IMG_6239.JPG
IMG_6179.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG
IMG_6177.JPG
IMG_6180.JPG
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

1) how many pins do you have there already?
2) what assistance is needed in getting them all 100%?
3) how many more can we fit??
4) is that my Panthera backglass? ;)

Great lineup already!
WANTED: 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, 1984 Taito Zeke's Peak, 1972 Bally Continental Bingo slot machine, European upright machines, pre-1950s Japanese machines

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Post by Chris Silver »

cait001 wrote:1) how many pins do you have there already?
2) what assistance is needed in getting them all 100%?
3) how many more can we fit??
4) is that my Panthera backglass? ;)

Great lineup already!
There are too many pins there already. After renovations will know better.

Rob is a master at making them work. Cleaning and tweaking would be great.

How many more to fit? Whatever anyone is selling and whatever would be wanted for the tournament. If someone has something really cool they would like to bring just for the hell of it, will look when we get closer.

Your Panthera backglass is still at my place in the box.

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck

Post by Blackghost4 »

That's great Chris. Looking forward to it.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988)
Gottlieb Genesis (1986) Gottlieb Force II (1981) Gottlieb Card Whiz (1976) Gottlieb Striker (1982)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979) cocktail pinball
Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Sparky
MAACA OG

Post by Sparky »

I will try. No promises. I am booked for travel every day until end of April, and I have games to finish for some. Also, I plan to take some time to help Rob renovate.
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

cait001
MAACA Wacko

Post by cait001 »

Chris Silver wrote:There are too many pins there already. After renovations will know better.

Rob is a master at making them work. Cleaning and tweaking would be great.

How many more to fit? Whatever anyone is selling and whatever would be wanted for the tournament. If someone has something really cool they would like to bring just for the hell of it, will look when we get closer.

Your Panthera backglass is still at my place in the box.
Amazing to hear! Keep us informed as renovations go. :)
Funny that there are two Panthera glasses there and one with you. when it rains it pours I guess. :)

I would bring a few of my rarer oddball machines. Like, the kind of things I might not trust the general public around OPGS with, but would be more confident with the Flearfair crowd since it's mostly collectors.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Post by R.A.B. »

Can I just go and not bring any parts ?

I would like to put up a tent in the back yard of this "kitch" hideout on old highway 17 and fall asleep to Bob Dylan songs after I get tired of talking pinball.

Any objections ?
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

NavyGirl71
MAACA Silent Type

Post by NavyGirl71 »

I am excited to make an attempt to travel. If there will be a tournament. I am in. I'll keep watching to see what happens. :D

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

Gee man, it looks pretty nice already. What are they renovating? I will book the weekend off in my calendar. It would be great to go.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

Oh shit. Trailer time.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Post by Chris Silver »

RAB - Just having you there is enough. Us getting together is all that matters. I have a few hours of Dylan if you need while you defuse in your private retreat.

Caitlyn - There are 2 Pantheras there with one of them being mine. It will eventually be for sale, but for the summer it will be my garage pin (concept stolen from Azathot). 8-) :lol: Your glass is safely wrapped up at Borderland HQ.

Gwlayne - The tournament all depends on if someone wants to host it. I'm not a tourney guy, but I want to make sure everyone has the ability to do anything they want pinball related. It adds to the content of the event. I just make the call, everyone makes the moment.

Tim - Gottlieb Rob is converting the back storage rooms and freezer area into another gameroom and workshop. He'll be opening the wall to enlarge his playland.

Colin - :D

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling

Post by uberhare »

If it was the weekend after I'd be up that way for another event and could pop over.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Post by Chris Silver »

uberhare wrote:If it was the weekend after I'd be up that way for another event and could pop over.
If you have time, pass by the weekend after. It’s a fantastic set up. You’re also welcome over to my place Anytime.

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling

Post by uberhare »

Sure! I'll be up there for 4 days, I'm sure I can sneak away from the wife for a few hours.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Post by steamfitter »

Chris has the best events , here are a few pics to the ones i've been too. i'll just have to take time off to be there
:thumbup
Attachments
phone 263.jpg
phone 264.jpg
20170602_145609.jpg
20170604_142825.jpg
20170604_142901.jpg
20170604_142941.jpg
Projects : fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1 , star trek , Black Jack , SEGA Space attack

steamfitter
MAACA Half-ling

Post by steamfitter »

I forgot to mention that the borderland guys Rock and without his friends the events wouldn't be the same .

Denis

Blackghost4
MAACA Buck

Post by Blackghost4 »

It's going to be fun times. Can't wait.
Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man (1980) Gottlieb Bad Girls (1988) Gottlieb Robo-War (1988)
Gottlieb Genesis (1986) Gottlieb Force II (1981) Gottlieb Card Whiz (1976) Gottlieb Striker (1982)
Projects: Williams Hayburners II (1968) Gottlieb Sinbad (1978) Fascination Circa 1933 (1979) cocktail pinball
Gone: Williams F-14 Tomcat, Gottlieb Operation Thunder, Williams Expo, Williams Lucky Ace, Gottlieb Buck Rogers, Gottlieb Swing Along

http://www.pinballowners.com/blackghost4

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”