Just wanted to let everyone know....

Talk about anything that you would like.
R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Just wanted to let everyone know....

Postby R.A.B. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:16 pm

....that thursday morning we will be inaugurating the 6th floor bathrooms at the Henry F. Hall building of Concordia University. This grandiose event will take place at 11AM and everyone is welcome to partake, brand new stalls I tell ya. Everybody says that Concordia has no money, but in the spirit of the capital campaign we will be throwing a wine and cheese party for the occasion in protest of budget cuts. The rector has not RSVPed our invitation yet, but if Pat Boy shows up we will be doing a live broadcast from the new bathrooms right here at CRSG on Microwave Mornings wuith your host Procter. Looking forward to this and you should too.

OOPS - that was more than 30 years ago.

What I wanted to let everybody know is that I am still at work. At my post Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and still shipping parts by Canada Post for anyone who may need stuff for their quarantine projects. I can be reached by phone at 3429111 from 8 to 4 on those days, but be patient, I am spending most of my time in the service dept these days so it is quite a walk to my office from there. There are obviously less walk ins these days for the parts counter, but I am always ready to help.

In a building that use to hold 100 employees, being 6 employees leaves little chance of failing at the social distancing dance, anyway we don't like eachother all that much there. We are just glad to be working :lol:

Hang in there folks, life is to teach you, and we will surely learn from this pandemic and all its consequences that we can not yet envision with any accuracy. This could result in a major adjustment to our economies, or a dumb repetition of old patterns when the fog lifts. I personally prefer and hope for the former.

Virtual Hugs,

Rab
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Re: Just wanted to let everyone know....

Postby OTTOgd » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Great news and positivity. Awesome.

Chnillapoil
MAACA Chatterbox

Postby Chnillapoil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:22 pm

I’ll be there tomorrow morning
HIGH SPEED 1986
PIN*BOT 1986
TAXI 1988
:rifle OLD CHICAGO 1976
MAME MARIO BROS 1983
EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE 1982
FATHOM 1980
MS PACMAN (cocktail project)
GTB GENESIS (project)

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 am

OTTOgd wrote:Great news and positivity. Awesome.

Thanks Otto, must keep on keeping on but with much more caution than usual.

Chnillapoil wrote:I’ll be there tomorrow morning

Thanks Chnill for those cigar boxes, bien apprécier. :thumbup

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

P.S. A man needs something to do besides contemplate how crazy everyone has become in a world of overly exaggerated self-importance upheld and maintained by the new dumb.

Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko

Postby Chris Silver » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am

Thanks for the uplifting post RAB. I do need to put an order together. Until then, I should stay away from visiting.

I heard there is a lot of army being shipped around by train. I hope I get my stuff together before total shut down.

I look forward to a chat again when time permits.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Chris Silver wrote:Thanks for the uplifting post RAB. I do need to put an order together. Until then, I should stay away from visiting.

I heard there is a lot of army being shipped around by train. I hope I get my stuff together before total shut down.

I look forward to a chat again when time permits.

Yup, not much time left Chris, all non-essential businesses in Québec are to shut down tomorrow midnight, on my day off to boot. :o Guess I won't be missing those anytime soon, gonna be alot of days off in the next while.

So, FYI I will be at my parts desk tomorrow by exception, - last call for Geritol. So see ya in mid April for parts then, gonna be weird coming back to work here in 3 weeks.

More time to write :ugeek: and shred papers I guess. Time to get rid of some of my old sins as the big boss man likes to say.

Dave W.
MAACA Half-ling

Postby Dave W. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:23 am

R.A.B. wrote:Yup, not much time left Chris, all non-essential businesses in Québec are to shut down tomorrow midnight, on my day off to boot. :o Guess I won't be missing those anytime soon, gonna be alot of days off in the next while.

So, FYI I will be at my parts desk tomorrow by exception, - last call for Geritol. So see ya in mid April for parts then, gonna be weird coming back to work here in 3 weeks.

More time to write :ugeek: and shred papers I guess. Time to get rid of some of my old sins as the big boss man likes to say.

Sorry to hear that you'll be out of work for a few weeks Rob.
I look forward to picking up that flipper rebuild kit from you and chatting over a Tim's coffee when this current situation is more under control.
Keep in touch on MAACA and be safe!

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:01 am

Dave W. wrote:
R.A.B. wrote:Yup, not much time left Chris, all non-essential businesses in Québec are to shut down tomorrow midnight, on my day off to boot. :o Guess I won't be missing those anytime soon, gonna be alot of days off in the next while.

Sorry to hear that you'll be out of work for a few weeks Rob.
I look forward to picking up that flipper rebuild kit from you and chatting over a Tim's coffee when this current situation is more under control.
Keep in touch on MAACA and be safe!

Thanks Dave, all good.

I wil have the kit with me if you get bored. You got my cell.

As well, I am shipping the last parts orders by Canada Post tonight, and will have all the orders placed today with me during the next 3 weeks in case I run into a couple of you. Fat chance, better safe than sorry in both cases, parts and running into eachother. :D

Better be over-cautious in these times than careless. So what if we look stupid at the grocery store, still better to be (over) cautious and a bit goofy looking than sick and dangerous to the over 60 crowd and/or the health challenged in our entourage.

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”