SEX?-SEX!-SEX$- At Reasonable Prices ! ! !

Talk about anything that you would like.
megadeth1977
MAACA QuarterPounder

SEX?-SEX!-SEX$- At Reasonable Prices ! ! !

Post by megadeth1977 »

Sorry guys and gals title was to achieve attention

I assume their are already posts regarding COVID-19 and what it entails. I thought to bring levity to a otherwise "doom & gloom" scenario I would like to share a personal story.

A few nights back my spouse and I ordered a pizza and some wings. While ordering the meal I asked what the total was to ensure I had enough cash on me as my wife ALWAYS had my bank and credit card (married men understand this)….or (p_ssy whipped men understand this)...long story short the lady on the phone snapped and said $42.02 and the price is FIRM with a emphasis on FIRM. I asked the delivery guy why was the lady on the phone so blunt and he said since all this COVID-19 broke out people are actually re-negotiating their food order as if your buying a used car. I gave a knee jerk reaction and a stupid one at that and asked if his tips suffered too....and he said typically his tips for 4 hours were pushing $50...said he made $10...(which I believe). I ALWAYS tip the same on a big order or small order $11.11...I used to deliver PIZZA PIZZA in the mid nineties and the pay sucked so I feel a certain obligation to tip...having once worked at PIZZA PIZZA is likely the culprit for weird tip amount...lol End game of this post is if your going to tip anything less then $5 or try and re-negotiate the price of your meal...make some Kraft Diner !
Pins:Freddy's Nightmare On Elm Street, Waterworld, Metallica Pro LED NIB,

Arcades:Neo Geo 1-slot, Playchoice -10 dual monitor with gun, Multi-cade cocktail, Mega-touch,

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Re: COVID-19=& Odd Human Response

Post by Fifty »

Man, people have balls. The price is the price. Hell, the last car I purchased I bought over the internet. Yes, I used one of those car quote websites, and we went with the best price but most of them were pretty much within range of each other.

Our normal pizza delivery is over $40/week. We tip 20% of the total. So $8, usually rounded up to $10. I thought 20% was the new average for tipping? 10% was back in the 80's, 15% was in the 90%. 20% is my bottom percentage for tipping at restaurants with table service. If the waiter/waitress is just outstanding, out of this world and treats our children like people then I've been known to tip as high as 40%. Treat me or my family like shit, serve me shit and my tip will be shit.
Last edited by Fifty on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

megadeth1977
MAACA QuarterPounder

Re: SEX?-SEX!-SEX$- At Reasonable Prices ! ! !

Post by megadeth1977 »

Thank you for your feedback. Was not to upset, point was to say how absurd people are getting with everything going on. TIPS thou I agree 100%

Arcades:Neo Geo 1-slot, Playchoice -10 dual monitor with gun, Multi-cade cocktail, Mega-touch,

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

megadeth1977 wrote:I ALWAYS tip the same on a big order or small order $11.11
:shock:

Good thing I ordered from 241-0241!

:P

I kid. Having worked in the restaurant/bar/nightclub industry for close to a decade since 15, I've always appreciated good food, booze, and service with generous tips.
Last edited by OTTOgd on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinballin'
MAACA Silent Type

Post by Pinballin' »

Does anyone know how tips work if you pay by credit card? How quickly does the driver get their tips? I'm still only giving 15% but I include the tip when I pay for the food by credit card so I'm tipping without knowing how late or early the driver will be. In the past few weeks, I've only had one driver that was 30 minutes late.

semicolin
MAACA Half-ling

Post by semicolin »

Pinballin' wrote:Does anyone know how tips work if you pay by credit card? How quickly does the driver get their tips? I'm still only giving 15% but I include the tip when I pay for the food by credit card so I'm tipping without knowing how late or early the driver will be. In the past few weeks, I've only had one driver that was 30 minutes late.
I think it depends on where you're ordering from. Where I used to work the boss was a total scumbag.

At the end of the night, he'd take the tip pool and:
  • deduct all of the credit card processing fees (3% of gross sales),
  • take a 20% commission (hey I work here too),
  • split the remainder 75% house staff who were almost all his family and 25% delivery staff
Totally illegal but nobody ever had the guts to do anything about it. That was on top of making the drivers use their own cars, their own gas, making them 'independent contractors,' etc. The worst part though was the credit card fees thing. 3% of gross meant that if a customer didn't tip, the drivers actually lost money on the order. When it was a big order, like a church with $1000 orders, they wouldn't tip and it would cost the driver $30.

Scummy asshole bosses are more the norm than the exception in food service. I remember this blew up in the news a couple of years ago when some staff at famous Ottawa places like Clock Tower and Art Is In Bakery went public with anonymous complaints saying that the owners were mistreating or stealing from them, or playing fast and loose with transaction fees or the front/back of house split. I don't know the whole story but I didn't find it surprising.

Some restaurateurs like Ivan Gedz at Union Local 613 have been shining a spotlight on abuses in the industry for a long time, and makes a point of treating his workers better, and publicly shaming other owners who take advantage of their staff. I support his business whenever I can.

megadeth1977
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by megadeth1977 »

Cheapness is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. I had a friend so cheap he was too thrifty to cast a damn shadow! matter of fact I remember one night at the Nuden (we were there for a bachelor party of a mutual freind) and one of the strippers were trying to get him to pony up $ for a dance or drink. I told the poor soul she would die of starvation before he would give you tap water. In his defense she was waaay past her prime and should of been removing her clothing for small sums of $ on a Tuesday afternoon not on a Saturday night time slot. That time slot should be reserved for your "pinch hitters" not for someone with 4 kids 4 different Dad's and drawing welfare on the side. Again this post is to bring levity and not upset anyone. Hope I made you laugh.

Fifty
MAACA Motormouth

Post by Fifty »

megadeth1977 wrote:Cheapness is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. I had a friend so cheap he was too thrifty to cast a damn shadow! matter of fact I remember one night at the Nuden (we were there for a bachelor party of a mutual freind) and one of the strippers were trying to get him to pony up $ for a dance or drink. I told the poor soul she would die of starvation before he would give you tap water. In his defense she was waaay past her prime and should of been removing her clothing for small sums of $ on a Tuesday afternoon not on a Saturday night time slot. That time slot should be reserved for your "pinch hitters" not for someone with 4 kids 4 different Dad's and drawing welfare on the side. Again this post is to bring levity and not upset anyone. Hope I made you laugh.
LOL.

I use to frequent Pigale a lot in my younger years. Often we would just go to watch sports on the big screen and drink cheap beer. A pint back then was $4.25 and we would give the waitress $5. There were always 2 or 3 of us and we'd have 4 or 5 pints each. So 15 pints x .75 tip each pint = $11.25 in tips. At the time we didn't really think much of it. Often we would walk to the bar ourselves and just grab the beers ourselves (we would still tip).

One night the waitress, who we had gotten to know quite well, asked why we gave such low tips. Honestly, we never thought it was horrible but it made me re-think how I tipped from that day forward.

megadeth1977
MAACA QuarterPounder

Post by megadeth1977 »

Ahhh yes Pigale...was that the same place that had a buffet up by the lap dance rooms? If I remember correctly their was a ramp up to the buffet then the booths were directly to the left and right. Perhaps I am mistaken. I too tipped poorly in my younger days. Wednesday's were $3 rum & coke night so $10 for 3 and leave them with the dollar. Truth be told the glasses were so small they still made good I think as you could blow thru them fast. My wife always accuses me on "tipping based on attractiveness" at a drive thru or restaurant. I always tip based on attitude and service provided. Those attractive in the service industry where tips matter I believe do better then those who are unattractive. I have yet to see someone complain to a waitress who is attractive about their meal or its price. Whats the old saying from Seinfled…"who never see any attractive homeless people".

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”