Pet peeve on classifieds, kijiji and whatever... advice

Talk about anything that you would like.
Guard
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Pet peeve on classifieds, kijiji and whatever... advice

Post by Guard »

Cause we still buy them...
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote / Stern POTC/ DE Star Wars/ Big Hit/ Algar/Asteroid Annie and the Alians/Slugfest/Batman The Dark Knight/DE The Simpsons/Dirty Harry/T2/ Devils Dare/ World Poker Tour/Swords of Fury/ Lethal Weapon/Ripleys BION/Circa 1933/Striker Xtreme

RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

This annoys me as well. My biggest Kijiji pet peeve is when you click on an image it opens the image in a separate screen even smaller that the one you clicked on. Am I doing something incorrectly? Why would the zoom in image be smaller than the original? It's driving me batty!

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by luch »

Fifty wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:20 pm This annoys me as well. My biggest Kijiji pet peeve is when you click on an image it opens the image in a separate screen even smaller that the one you clicked on. Am I doing something incorrectly? Why would the zoom in image be smaller than the original? It's driving me batty!
this drives me nuts too ,

Dave W.
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Dave W. »

Yup, right up there with "e-mail me for price", or "prix sur demande".
I have never contacted a seller that doesn't list a price; I just figure that he's fishing

Chris Silver
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Chris Silver »

Those are all top peeves along with a freshly painted white/black cabinet trying to raise the price.
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Avatar, Embryon, Timeline, Baby Pac Man, SkyJump, Night Moves, Split Second
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars, Alien Poker, Panthera, Elektra, Blackout, Black Hole, Black Knight, Silverball Mania
WTB: Medieval Madness, Rush
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

Dave W. wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm Yup, right up there with "e-mail me for price", or "prix sur demande".
I have never contacted a seller that doesn't list a price; I just figure that he's fishing
If they can't be bothered to list a price or post photos, I can't be bothered to call them
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

flashman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by flashman »

What bugs me most is when people list a game on Kijiji and they say they’re open to offers and will take the best offer based on a few pics. What kind of reasonable offer can be expected from a handful of pics, without being able to inspect the game in person or more importantly being able to test the game out before buying....obviously the condition set by the perspective buyer should be conditional on personal inspection and play testing the game. In a lot of cases these sellers know what they have and can set a decent price but want to make sure they squeeze every nickel out out of the sale. I don’t bother with those “guys” even if it’s a game I’m looking for....

Sisyphus
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Sisyphus »

Fifty wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:20 pm This annoys me as well. My biggest Kijiji pet peeve is when you click on an image it opens the image in a separate screen even smaller that the one you clicked on. Am I doing something incorrectly? Why would the zoom in image be smaller than the original? It's driving me batty!
Used to drive me nuts too. Played around and eventually found out if I right click on the "separate screen even smaller" image, select "open image in new tab" then the new tab gives me a large pic and one I can zoom in and out on. This works for Kijiji on Chrome or Edge. Kijiji on Firefox it's similar but right click and select "view image".

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by World_of_Warships »

flashman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:13 pm What bugs me most is when people list a game on Kijiji and they say they’re open to offers and will take the best offer based on a few pics. What kind of reasonable offer can be expected from a handful of pics, without being able to inspect the game in person or more importantly being able to test the game out before buying....obviously the condition set by the perspective buyer should be conditional on personal inspection and play testing the game. In a lot of cases these sellers know what they have and can set a decent price but want to make sure they squeeze every nickel out out of the sale. I don’t bother with those “guys” even if it’s a game I’m looking for....
Kijiji.. as soon as you show any interest, it feels like it's their pension fund in play. More sellers also quote based on US prices, because they've researched their game on Pinside. And now, you see it here on MAACA and Pin Rev as well. It's become a seller's market. I guess it's great when a member decides to make some room or wants to trade.

I don't expect to pay US prices and the market should not be able to support this anyway. But there we are..

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

Dave W. wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm Yup, right up there with "e-mail me for price", or "prix sur demande".
Because those sellers either 1) know they will ask for a price based on USD, adding 40% to the price tag, or 2) know that their game is in demand and they're counting on this. Item 2 doesn't bother me as much as item 1. I mean, a good game may at least keep its value, or in some cases, increase it. But quoting based on USD or what you've seen on Pinside is unrealistic - not the same market, salaries are different in the US, so is taxation. Slap a game with fees, 40% exchange rate, transportation.. that, and the fact you can't really inspect the game. As I said, unrealistic. And the cost of new games more and more seems to follow that trend. Obviously, the makers are in the US and drive the market.. that, and parts.. don't get me started, I'm discovering that it's crazy!

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

flashman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:13 pm What bugs me most is when people list a game on Kijiji and they say they’re open to offers and will take the best offer based on a few pics. What kind of reasonable offer can be expected from a handful of pics, without being able to inspect the game in person or more importantly being able to test the game out before buying....obviously the condition set by the perspective buyer should be conditional on personal inspection and play testing the game. In a lot of cases these sellers know what they have and can set a decent price but want to make sure they squeeze every nickel out out of the sale. I don’t bother with those “guys” even if it’s a game I’m looking for....
On the other hand, there are those buyers that will offer you 40% of your asking price because they are driving from XYZ. Gas is not that expensive.
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

flashman
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by flashman »

Hammerhead wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 am
On the other hand, there are those buyers that will offer you 40% of your asking price because they are driving from XYZ. Gas is not that expensive.
Not really sure how this comment ties into my comment but selling a game at 40% of asking price (as long as it’s priced around market value) because of an excuse of driving distance and money spent on gas would be foolish.

frosken
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by frosken »

World_of_Warships wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:04 am
Kijiji.. as soon as you show any interest, it feels like it's their pension fund in play. More sellers also quote based on US prices, because they've researched their game on Pinside. And now, you see it here on MAACA and Pin Rev as well. It's become a seller's market. I guess it's great when a member decides to make some room or wants to trade.

I don't expect to pay US prices and the market should not be able to support this anyway. But there we are..
What? paying US prices? That would be awesome!!! Right now they're pegging their machine to the British Pound! :FP:

Since I left the pinball world 8 years ago, the prices have sky-rocketed, so I must admit that I use the pinside average to help me figure out a "fair" pricing for games in Canada.

I can tell you right now that there are not many games on kijiji (across Canada) that are lower than the pinside USD price multiplied by 1.35 (current exchange rate). Even at 1.4, there are only a few.

I have made an easy email/table with the pricing at 1.25/1.3/1.35/1.4/1.45/1.5 the pinside USD suggested MEDIAN price...many are still way above 1.5 and we're not talking about color DMD's, PinSound and other modded/gizmo'd machines...

It seems like everyone in Canada are selling premium triple-mint games... although some state the obvious "need a few small things that are easily available"... wanna sell your game at a premium price? fix it rather than use this BS lame excuse!!!

OK rant done... :D

now back on my projects...as it's the only thing I could afford right now...
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby... :shock:

Current working Pinball Machines:

1. Bally Black Jack SS
2. Capcom Flipper Football (#2)
3. Stern Rush Pro

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

luch
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by luch »

your missing HST , on US coverted prices

Fifty
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Fifty »

Sisyphus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Used to drive me nuts too. Played around and eventually found out if I right click on the "separate screen even smaller" image, select "open image in new tab" then the new tab gives me a large pic and one I can zoom in and out on. This works for Kijiji on Chrome or Edge. Kijiji on Firefox it's similar but right click and select "view image".
I will definitely have to try this. Thanks!

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

frosken wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 pm

What? paying US prices? That would be awesome!!! Right now they're pegging their machine to the British Pound! :FP:

Since I left the pinball world 8 years ago, the prices have sky-rocketed, so I must admit that I use the pinside average to help me figure out a "fair" pricing for games in Canada.

I can tell you right now that there are not many games on kijiji (across Canada) that are lower than the pinside USD price multiplied by 1.35 (current exchange rate). Even at 1.4, there are only a few.

I have made an easy email/table with the pricing at 1.25/1.3/1.35/1.4/1.45/1.5 the pinside USD suggested MEDIAN price...many are still way above 1.5 and we're not talking about color DMD's, PinSound and other modded/gizmo'd machines...

It seems like everyone in Canada are selling premium triple-mint games... although some state the obvious "need a few small things that are easily available"... wanna sell your game at a premium price? fix it rather than use this BS lame excuse!!!

Can't say what the rant was specifically about 'Jojo', lol, but based on that 'fair' pricing scheme for games in Canada,a Premium game (everything in order, all the cool stuff included, the seller is not saying that he will remove so and so part) minimum would need to be sold in Canada at approx.11000 to 13000. Leaves us with LE that would be extra $$$. And what I'm saying is that we are starting to see this not only on Kijiji but on the forums as well. Way more than retail prices for NIB when they are sold in Canada, or am I wrong? Pins are the luxury games they always were, but now I swear some folks see this as an investment! Let alone replacing a few parts that were broken (duh!) or slapping a fresh coat of paint (some cases, not even professionally done) and you get seller that want to recover those costs as well! I'm also having trouble with 'yeah, I had to fix this broken part, so I'm charging for it or else I'm loosing money. And I put in those toys in as well, so..' I mean, really, I need to also pay for the fact you fixed something you probably broke AND I need to invest in those action figures that were sold at Walmart originally? ;)

frosken
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by frosken »

World_of_Warships wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm
frosken wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Can't say what the rant was specifically about 'Jojo', lol, but based on that 'fair' pricing scheme for games in Canada,a Premium game (everything in order, all the cool stuff included, the seller is not saying that he will remove so and so part) minimum would need to be sold in Canada at approx.11000 to 13000. Leaves us with LE that would be extra $$$. And what I'm saying is that we are starting to see this not only on Kijiji but on the forums as well. Way more than retail prices for NIB when they are sold in Canada, or am I wrong? Pins are the luxury games they always were, but now I swear some folks see this as an investment! Let alone replacing a few parts that were broken (duh!) or slapping a fresh coat of paint (some cases, not even professionally done) and you get seller that want to recover those costs as well! I'm also having trouble with 'yeah, I had to fix this broken part, so I'm charging for it or else I'm loosing money. And I put in those toys in as well, so..' I mean, really, I need to also pay for the fact you fixed something you probably broke AND I need to invest in those action figures that were sold at Walmart originally? ;)
You nailed it... when you are asking more than NIB, there's a problem (unless you installed a colorDMD/PinSound)...

I get it that nobody wants to lose money, but Canadian pricing as of late is crazy! Not picking on anyone, but not all machines are triple mint...and I'm not talking about checking a machine with a magnifying glass either! Asking 1.6 times (or more) of the pinside average price, especially when there are condition issues and/or is not working 100% is mind-boggling! However, looking at any ads (i.e.: forums/kijiji), the "properly/pinside averaged canadian converted priced" ones sells quickly while the overpriced ones don't.

....now rant officially done!

LOL
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby... :shock:

Current working Pinball Machines:

1. Bally Black Jack SS
2. Capcom Flipper Football (#2)
3. Stern Rush Pro

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

I'm sorry, but I've just seen on Pinside The Beatles (Diamond Edition) being sold for $19 950 USD, and Alien at $14 000 USD. What the hell? Those prices are nuts! I can guess there's value for the Alien theme, but The Beatles? Love the music, however unless Paul plays next to it, no way I would fork out that much on a pin!

Coming back to NIB prices from the US that kind of drive prices in Canada as well: I just don't get why the US, a country in debt beyond reason, taken down by the pandemic and being slowly put aside by China, is STILL the driving factor in pretty much everyday business being conducted here.

No need to remind me of Trading 101, how a devaluated loonie is kind of good for business, etc. Just venting that even if we would be on par with the US dollar, I bet those pins would still be more expensive here compared with the good ole' USA.

CoronaBored
MAACA New Contributor

Post by CoronaBored »

Corona Killz

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by tom_454 »

Part of the issue is that with the border closure there is less access to the US pins so Canadian markets are more localized which lowers supply. Although with COVID-19 you would think demand might have shrunk too but it has not. I do notice that many of the higher valued pins are taking longer to sell (not the high demand ones). There isn’t any panic selling in Canada yet.

There are some decently priced HUO pins out there but they don’t change hands much. Nobody wants to lose money in the hobby anymore and that used to be part A guaranteed part of the hobby.
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

World_of_Warships
MAACA Super Contributor

Trudat! Still, as soon as that $19 950 USD Beatles (Diamond Edition) was being offered, another popped in at $17 850 USD, for a NIB.. talk about not the type of ad you want to see when you've just put out yours..

singlezero
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by singlezero »

My favourite one was that williams space ship last week on kijiji . i missed the closing bid on max sold but it went for 450. (actually it was the second time it went up for auction) dont know what the commision was after. But anyways there it was on kijiji for 1200 , the head plastic wrapped down on the cabinet, legs off and exactly how it was picked up or shipped. I knew someone who inquired about it not knowing what the game was asking for pics , and the seller said the buyer would have to set it up .

here are images of it from the first time it was auctioned. in rather rough shape i might add

https://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/240 ... e-2246595/