How's Your Pandemic Coming Along

Talk about anything that you would like.
Chris Silver
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

How's Your Pandemic Coming Along

Post by Chris Silver »

Its a little funny really. As unfortunate as the whole scenario has been, I was looking forward to some time off and chilling with the family. This I did and enjoyed it to the fullest.

The odd thing was I expected to focus more on tuning my collection and working on some garage pins over the summer. Other than a solid start on a very dead basket case Panthera, I haven't really touched a thing. Instead, I have been fixing every little knick-knack around the house, doing some minor renos, a major storage reorganization and a streamlining of expenses.

Did any of you expect to do more with the hobby during the pandemic? Did you turn to more of a productive direction like myself? Are you shut down and just counting the days? Is everything more or less "normal" in your day to day living in regards to these questions?
Pins: Spirit, Centaur II, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Panthera, Baby Pac Man, Blackout, Alien Poker
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip, Disco, Punk!, Lightning, Time Fantasy, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Double Dragon, Stellar Wars
WTB: Black Knight, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

Guard
MAACA QuarterPounder
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: How's Your Pandemic Coming Along

Post by Guard »

Worked a freakin' ridiculous amount of overtime. Looking forward to being home a lot more this year....
PINS- Hit The Deck/ Tee'd Off/ Rollergames/ Star Trip/ Combat/ Flash Gordon/Bluenote/Spirit of 76/ Genesis / Bally Beat The Clock/ Outer Space/ Stern POTC/Genie/ Victory/Shaq Attaq/ Gold Strike/ DE Star Wars/ Atlantis/ Big Hit/ Gorgar/ Scorpion/ Algar/ Catacomb
Projects- Jacks Open /Stratoflite/ Jolly Roger/ Hang Glider
RIP- Sinbad/ Supersonic

Sparky
MAACA OG
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Sparky »

Travelling less has been a blessing. Seeing my family more. But..... many people have been laid off in our US office, and I have been picking up the slack. Long hours, overworked, hasn't been easy. A normal week averages at 65hrs now...
Patron saint of lost pinball causes.

Stage 5B. All except for NIB crap.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4742&p=40349&hilit=stages#p40349

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 21 times

Post by mrmikeman »

I had planned on shopping a few games. Nuthin done. Re-arranged the house for Oct. GF moved in. Combined 2 households into one. Work has been stupid crazy with a new job. Working from home didn’t make things easier.

I started to shop out my RFM pf last week but was too busy with work. I want to finish that so I can do the Dr Who rejuvenation during my 3 week vaycay which starts today.
Attachments
7D0D0D96-0B2D-493C-AB69-31C60831D4DB.jpeg
473624DC-938E-4C2D-8EBC-E47FE93D86A5.jpeg
1C31683E-35B7-4EB5-BAE6-1102D033CE31.jpeg
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Medieval Madness Royal Edition - Mods: Merlin, Troll lighting
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Pinstadiums, mods: witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, Throne room screen, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades, Gouveia witch 2.0 (coming soon)
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.22 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original software and no mods. Original neon works
Stern Star Wars Prem (ordered - ETA March or April 2021) - Mods: Stern Art Blades, Stern Topper, Stern Shooter, Stern Shaker, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
LOTR
Vewlix cab

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke - Hooked up to the Seeburg Entertainer speakers.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

Wow... Dirty you say??
Attachments
DC04E4D4-DBEF-4352-9062-9199DB893379.jpeg
F96D003C-3B37-49D3-A357-4177E9ACABF8.jpeg
895E10D3-633A-4558-9AAE-4823F04CB8D8.jpeg
Current Lineup:

PINS:
Stern Jurassic Park LE - Pinstadiums, Stern topper, stern amber shooter, mods: signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE - Pinstadiums, mods: witch, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, Throne room screen, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades, Gouveia witch 2.0 (coming soon)
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board & speakers, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD
Doctor Who - Alt Translite, moving Dalek(real one - not the cheap servo mod), new decals, new ramps, pinblades, full LED, Pinsound & shaker, LED&GI OCD, ColorDMD
Revenge from Mars(+SWEP1 pf) - Running RFM custom code v2.22 on Nucore, Mods: saucer LEDs, 6-ball trough, knocker, shaker. SWEP1 is original software and no mods. Original neon works
Stern Star Wars Prem (ordered - ETA March or April 2021) - Mods: Stern Art Blades, Stern Topper, Stern Shooter, Stern Shaker, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
LOTR
Vewlix cab

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel.
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke - Hooked up to the Seeburg Entertainer speakers.

Gone but not forgotten
So many... Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

frosken
MAACA Silent Type
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by frosken »

Although I know that many are struggling with employment and the Pandemic, I must admit that I had a plan in late spring: Get back into pinball and work on them as well as other small projects around the house...

6 months later:
- Bought 2 "major project" machines in June to fix and play...never did much on them are re-sold them at my purchase price...awaiting to see the progress from the new owner :)
- Bought a working machine locally, which needs to be shopped (have not started yet)
- Bought a working machine 8 hrs away but found a stranger to bring it to my house. Needs to be shopped as well (not started)
- Built a new pool deck
- Partially dismantle and rebuild main deck in order to get septic tank replaced (note to all: NEVER put a deck on top of your septic tank!)
- Spent crazy amounts of money due to "losing" our central HVAC, our main fridge, our pool pump and salter, our washer, our septic tank (that was planned though)
- Working crazy hours and just too tired to work on pins afterwards
- Started major house and garage cleanup...hope to do more in the next 2 weeks
- Hoping that the pandemic will subdue and the border re-open so that we can possibly pick up some machines and parts in the U.S.
- Crossing my fingers for the Allentown show (wishful thinking I know)

Happy Holidays to all in these crazy times...hoping that 2021 won't be as much of a shitshow as 2020...(again, wishful thinking)

Mes deux cennes ammariquaines...
+++++++++++++++++
Welcome to...Frosken Pinball!

Current working Pinball Machines: ONE...err...TWO!!! :rock :rock (Bally Black Jack SS, Capcom Flipper Football #2)

Current Arcade1UP Machine: Final Fight (pending pickup...down South)

After a 8-year hiatus, I'm back in the hobby...but with a thinner wallet. :lol:

Wanted: The impossible... (i.e.: a 1990-2020 pinball machine priced like they were in 2005-2010...) :FP: :FP: :FP:

Gone but (mostly) not forgotten:
- Bally: Nitro Ground Shaker, City Slicker
- Bally/Williams: Black Rose, BS Dracula (x2), CFTBL, Dirty Harry, Getaway(HS2), Indy500, Judge Dredd, Shadow, Slugfest
- Capcom: Breakshot, Flipper Football
- Gottlieb: El Dorado, Big Shot, Bounty Hunter (project), Gold Wings (Project)
- Stern: Big Game, Cheetah, Meteor (x 1.5)
- Williams: Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!
- Misc.: Hit The Ice non-dedicated, Hyper Olympics non-dedicated cocktail, Chexx Bubble Hockey

cait001
MAACA Wacko
Has liked: 9 times

Post by cait001 »

I worked crazy overtime from last summer to approximately now-ish, and just trying to start figuring out how to handle myself.
One pandemic side effect is that it has meant more family time, and for that I am grateful.
It also means the end of me living 10 hours a day in an office.

I have not spent much time actually working on projects though.
WANTED: Jezzard Mini Cascade, 21 (1946 Duval), NSM Freispiel Sieg Super-Match, Ruffler & Walker's The Hat Trick
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fire Queen, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

uberhare
MAACA Half-ling
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by uberhare »

Pandemic....I was off for 5 months and never even touched a pinball. I still enjoy reading everyone's stories here, but have been too busy with other hobbies. I sold a bunch of machines, 2 more projects to finish up and sell. Maybe I'll just move them as is.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

hyann
MAACA Motormouth
Been liked: 6 times

Post by hyann »

5 weeks off 3 different jobs but I worked my oldest project... more than 10 years! A few hour on the playfield and I will power up for the first time in years !

So maybe I will play a game this year!
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

R.A.B.
MAACA Wacko
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 25 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Well, today being day one in Québec of what they call "les restrictions", hell can you believe it, no shopping or boxing day, boo hoo I am completely thrown for a loop and won't know what to do with myself tomorrow, fawk !!

What does get to me eventually is not being around a wider variety of people to help in keeping life from getting dull and repetitive, but for now, I can't say that I am at all agitated and/or going bughouse in any fashion at all. Later I may well be changing hats, who knows, January seems far away.

Worked yesterday until 1PM with Joanna doing home service calls and making two old clients very happy as they enjoy their early solid state Bally's once again.

Also worked three days straight at Alouette this past week as an exception in order to finish off year # 67 for the big boss man who is surprised to see the boom in his business during the closing years of Alouette, who would have thought, - 67 years in business. Yup he is still coming to work in a suit 4 days a week ("works" more than me) and after lunch on Wednesday gave out bottles of vintage red wine and personalized envelopes like in the good old days, not a corporate e-mail thanking you for your loyal (read obedient) services along with a personalized deposit slip.

All my hopes that the numbers stabilize by January sometime, or better yet go down so the bunch of us can get back to working in this fun business of selling parts and fixing shit for a living, yeah I know, fat chance. So if by some dumb ass turn of events and/or some dink weeds not getting the message we don't see an improvement in the number of hospitalizations and deaths, I will let you know then Silver how my pandemic is coming along and if I have dealt with its fallout in a reasonable way. More importantly I think is how to avoid the brothel of despair that usually ends up luring you in when your mind and hands are idle for too long.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com
http://www.alouetteamusement.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will then only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of occurrences to recall come hell or calm tides.

In real life I always preferred the exceptional qualities in any normal state of affairs. But alas, so many of us have suddenly become exceptional via a world wide web of self-promotion upheld by the new dumb that it has made the quest for something truly exceptional much more difficult to notice.

"Ah, goddamn writers, never a good word for anything. Hell, you never really know what they will say or do next." My Alter Ego

Steph
MAACA Wacko
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Steph »

mrmikeman wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:19 am
Wow... Dirty you say??
Mike...
I bought a new set of plastic Martians
... back in January (2020) when I still owned the game,
... but had them shipped to my US PO Box in Ogdensburg NY.

The pandemic hit, the border was closed, and my Martians have been stuck in my PO Box for almost 1 yr.

As soon as I can pick them up ( Summer 2021 ?), I'll give them to you..
(...not much I can do with them now ! )

I'm glad to see RFM is getting the attention it needs .... ;-)

Cheers,
Steph
2084 : Last Hope for Humanity

mrmikeman
MAACA Wacko

Post by mrmikeman »

Steph wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:23 pm
mrmikeman wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:19 am
Wow... Dirty you say??
Mike...
I bought a new set of plastic Martians
... back in January (2020) when I still owned the game,
... but had them shipped to my US PO Box in Ogdensburg NY.

The pandemic hit, the border was closed, and my Martians have been stuck in my PO Box for almost 1 yr.

As soon as I can pick them up ( Summer 2021 ?), I'll give them to you..
(...not much I can do with them now ! )

I'm glad to see RFM is getting the attention it needs .... ;-)

Cheers,
Steph
It’s a totally different game now. Fast, tight, bright, and yes... fun!

😃
Current Lineup:

PINS:

Looking for:
Willy Wonka
LOTR
Vewlix cab

JUKES

Gone but not forgotten

Return to “MAACA Forum and Chat”