Movers in ottawa

Talk about anything that you would like.
lobo2k
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Movers in ottawa

Post by lobo2k »

Anyone know any movers in Ottawa for literally a 10-15 minute job? I'm getting stupid quotes. I'll pay well but not 700$. Just need a few machines swapped around in my house... Hobbit (380 lbs) is the problem
Own: JJP POTC, Stern's JP, MMre, Hobbit, GOTG, Spider-Man, Rick & Morty, X-Men, Halloween

On Order: TS4 CE, Godzilla Prem, Cactus Canyon, Aliens LV

Gone and Missed: Batman 66, Metallica, Game of Thrones, Pinbot, Freefall, LOTR, Deadpool, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, TMNT, Walking Dead, Stranger Things

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Movers in ottawa

Post by mrmikeman »

You’ll have better luck finding friends & family to come help. Pay them with beer and pizza.
PINS:
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Stern Star Trek Pro - Stern Enterprise, pinblades, laser cut Enterprise side armor
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)[/b]
Lord of the Rings - ColorDMD, Pinsound board, speakers, and headphone station, Shaker. Mods: Laser cut armor, LED backglass panel lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD, pinduino lighting on ramps and borg ship
Lady Luck (Recel)

Pins on order:
Weird Al LE
Cactus Canyon

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... MMrRE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

tom_454
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by tom_454 »

This sounds like an easy job? Perhaps if you describe the move here (stairs, tight turns involved, etc.) I am sure you would find someone to help. How many people you need? Are you able to help? Do the pins need to be broken down? I would be willing to help in a few weeks as I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Oh, and perhaps tell us which part of Ottawa you live in.

Tom
Pinball Rocks!
277 old posts - member since August 2007.

lobo2k
MAACA New Contributor

Post by lobo2k »

tom_454 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:43 pm
This sounds like an easy job? Perhaps if you describe the move here (stairs, tight turns involved, etc.) I am sure you would find someone to help. How many people you need? Are you able to help? Do the pins need to be broken down? I would be willing to help in a few weeks as I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Oh, and perhaps tell us which part of Ottawa you live in.

Tom
Well, I'm specifically looking for 'movers', so I didn't think posting the minutia on a pinball forum would help... I was hoping someone here knew someone. I paid 2 guys (who were actual movers) last time like $150 to move a Pirates (an equally heavy machine) but lost their number... was hoping for the same luck. The companies I call want 500+. For a 10 minute job...

I live in Orleans by Portobello & Bryan Coburn. Main issue is moving a Hobbit which is 380-400lbs, and it's to a basement with a staircase that turns twice, and while not EXTREMELY tight, it's tight enough.... there would be difficulty navigating with a dolly (ie, straps probably needed).

But yes, moving the average machine is not that difficult. Last few times me and a friend have literally just carried them up. Hobbit's a beast and a half though.
Own: JJP POTC, Stern's JP, MMre, Hobbit, GOTG, Spider-Man, Rick & Morty, X-Men, Halloween

Gone and Missed: Batman 66, Metallica, Game of Thrones, Pinbot, Freefall, LOTR, Deadpool, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, TMNT, Walking Dead, Stranger Things

lobo2k
MAACA New Contributor

Post by lobo2k »

mrmikeman wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:30 pm
You’ll have better luck finding friends & family to come help. Pay them with beer and pizza.
Damn... you got a Weird Al. Lucky man. Would love to check it out ;) I would have got one if I could have got the LE.

lobo2k
MAACA New Contributor

Post by lobo2k »

mrmikeman wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:30 pm
I've moved a bunch of pins with friends & family. Trust me Hobbit down my stairs is a back breaking endeavor. I also don't trust any of my friends with that much weight - I don't want to die from a 400 lb pin falling on me :) . I found movers before that did a quick cash job, someone messaged me here but dammit I must have deleted the message cause I went through them all and can't find.

mrmikeman
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mrmikeman »

lobo2k wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:32 pm
Damn... you got a Weird Al. Lucky man. Would love to check it out ;) I would have got one if I could have got the LE.
Well technically not yet. My estimated delivery was Dec but they are about 8 weeks behind. So Feb/Mar probably.

I also locked in for the other 4 modules. Prices going up in Sep unless you lock in at the current price with a deposit for each module. Done.

Btw i get it with moving Hobbit. I have a WOZ ECLE at 403 lbs. Wrecked my hardwood getting it in the house.
PINS:
Jurassic Park LE (#449) - Pinstadiums, Stern topper & amber shooter, mods: Lior Trex skin, signs, watch tower, raptor pen, T-rex fence, pteranodon, goat, and a few more
Wizard of Oz ECLE (#612) - mods: Gouveia Witch 2.0, tornado, castle, crystal ball, lit emerald city, ramp sign, Munchkin huts, lit drop target, hot air balloon lighting, pinblades
Stern Star Trek Pro - Stern Enterprise, pinblades, laser cut Enterprise side armor
Star Wars Prem - Stern Topper, Shaker, HD Glass, Mods: Mirror Blades, Star Destroyer, Imperial Probe, X-Wing, speaker upgrade, SW Armor (Yoda)[/b]
Lord of the Rings - ColorDMD, Pinsound board, speakers, and headphone station, Shaker. Mods: Laser cut armor, LED backglass panel lighting
Star Trek the Next Generation - Alt translite, Pinstadiums, Pinsound board, speakers, and shaker, full LED, LED&GI OCD, custom topper, ColorDMD, pinduino lighting on ramps and borg ship
Lady Luck (Recel)

Pins on order:
Weird Al LE
Cactus Canyon

VIDS:
Vewlix S 2-player: Running Emu PC / XBOX 1X

MISC:
Aristocrat Shuffle Alley

JUKES
Seeburg STD2 Entertainer - Converted to MP3 while retaining the original look and feel. *FOR SALE
NSM Emerald Ice CD(100) wall hanger juke

Gone but not forgotten
So many... MMrRE, Dr Who, RFM, SWEP1, Road Show, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Tales from the Crypt, High Speed, Bad Cats, Flintstones, WWF Royal Rumble, Laser War, Laser Ball, Silver Slugger, Batman Forever, Pinbot, 6 Million Dollar Man, Galaxy, Meteor, Countdown, Hot Tip(SS), and others I just can't think of lol.

uberhare
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by uberhare »

Worst pin I moved was Stargate. 385lbs. 3 of us to get it out of the guys basement over immaculate hardwood and granite tile. I bought a brand new dolly for the adventure.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Supersonic, Moon Flight, Firepower
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Mrhide
MAACA OG
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Mrhide »

uberhare wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:53 am
385lbs.
That's cute. :lol:
LF: GrooveCoaster Machine, shmups or any PCB, specifically Namco System 1 (Pacmania), let me know what you have!