8 Ball Deluxe auction ?

Talk about anything that you would like.
Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

8 Ball Deluxe auction ?

Post by Ricker »

So I saw an ad on Kijiji this afternoon for an 8 Ball Deluxe that some of you may have seen already posted at $475. I was skeptical and yet curious at the same time so I called and left a message. Within the hour after the posting went up I got a call saying that the price was now up to $625 without a clear indication that the pin was working 100% (pics show the pin without any electricity). I did not even know if it had boards in it.

I figured this was basically an eBay type sale and said no but my goodness, why would I take a risk on a pin like this? Even if I agreed, what would stop this person from then saying the price has since increased in the time it took for me to drive over. It was "not cool" in my books but the seller does have the right to do whatever they please and I have the right to walk away.

Just had to get that off my chest, there I feel better now.
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.

Flyer666
MAACA Super Contributor

Re: 8 Ball Deluxe auction ?

Post by Flyer666 »

I feel the same way....
"A 30 year old game will never, EVER be "100%". That's part of the charm of the game and of the hobby.. fixing is part of the hobby. It's like wrenching on an old car, and often therapeutic"

G-Man
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by G-Man »

Hey Ricker. I'd say that is completely normal to feel frustrated and a little disappointed in humanity after dealings like this. Although the person is entitled to do whatever they want with the machine, their "rights" cease as soon as they mislead and/or inconvenience the general public by misusing advertising vehicles like Kijiji. They committed to a price in writing and solicited your response...then they changed the rules. Not cool. If they wanted an auction, there is always eBay and if they didn't know the value of the machine, then they should have said "make offer." You certainly shouldn't feel the slightest bit sheepish for thinking bad things about people who, intentionally or not, use Kijiji in this way.

level42
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by level42 »

I don't suppose you still have the original ad? do you?
My Pins:
- 1993 Williams: White Water
My Pin History:
- 1977 Bally: Evel Knievel
- 1992 Data East: Lethal Weapon 3
- 1995 Williams: Dirty Harry
- 1988 Data East: Secret Service
Wanted:
- 1995 Bally: Attack from Mars
- 1992 Data East: Star Wars
- 1999 Bally: Revenge From Mars
- 2008 Stern: Indiana Jones
- 1993 Bally: Twilight Zone
- 1995 Bally: Theatre of Magic
- 1992 Bally: The Addams Family
Links:
- http://www.pinballowners.com/level42

Ricker
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Ricker »

I hear you well Flyer666 and G-Man. I just note the location and think twice the next time. As for the ad, Level 42, nope, it was gone the next day.
Pins - http://www.pinballowners.com/ricker

WTB: Fathom, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Mata Hari, Silverball Mania, Mystic, Count Down, TX-Sector, Jacks Open, Roller Disco, Seawitch, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Grand Lizard, Firepower II, Scorpion, Star Light, Star Trek TNG, Phantom Of The Opera, Nautilus (Playmatic), Dialed In.