Anyone in Canada repair Seeburg Black Boxes?

The place to discuss about all things related to jukeboxes!!
Davester
MAACA Collaborator

Anyone in Canada repair Seeburg Black Boxes?

Postby Davester » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm

According to the Seeburg repair guide I bought, it looks like my "black box" is fried. (It will play one record and then decides to stop working.)
It's a '73 Matador SPC1 (if I recall correctly) that I picked up at the last Detroit Super Auction for $5 working!
I gave it to my parents and after it got moved to their basement, it became a paperweight.

Davester.
Fun House / MAME / Winding Heat / Race Drivin' / Touchmaster / Rockola 495 / Rowe Laserstar / Seeburg Matador / The Snapple Machine

ThunderStorm
MAACA Warrior

Re: Anyone in Canada repair Seeburg Black Boxes?

Postby ThunderStorm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:07 pm

a guy in guelph goes by "Jacks Jukebox" he sold me mine, and repairs mostly Seeburg. i can try to find his phone # or try to find him online

Eric
Stern Mustang. Williams Indiana Jones. Williams Flintstones. Teed off. Time Machine. Cyclone. Rollercoaster Tycoon. Getaway. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. White Water. Apollo 13 and a bunch of other gameroom stuff

Dr sparky
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Dr sparky » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 pm

ThunderStorm wrote:a guy in guelph goes by "Jacks Jukebox" he sold me mine, and repairs mostly Seeburg. i can try to find his phone # or try to find him online

Eric

Jack has recently retired due to health reasons, as far as I know he is not doing any more repairs but still may have some parts to sell.

I have sent him an email, wait and see.
Lobotomies performed effortlessly with a soldering iron, no charge! Other repairs at reasonable rates.
Not a real Doctor but I will gladly take a look!
F14 TC
Taxi Marilyn
Wild Kingdom rifle
Dr Who
Hot Hand
Asteroids,Battlezone,Arkanoid, Nugget Puck bowler, 60 in 1 , Seeburg Mardi Gras, Global billiards P T, Sound Craft Studio mixer, QSC 1500 watt true mono stereo amp, EV Eliminator 1's, Nakamichi Dragon C.D, custom built audio rack.
Lots of JAMMA boards.

Davester
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Davester » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Man, and I thought that repairing EM Pins was becoming a lost art....
I look at my parent's Seeburg and just scratch my head.
If Jack gets back to you, please let me know!
I bought the Seeburg Repair Guide that was published a couple of years back... according to the guide, I'm in a world of hurt.... plays one record and that's it, scans twice and stops, won't play any records on the right side of the rack, etc. When it did work, it had awesome sound!

Davester.
Fun House / MAME / Winding Heat / Race Drivin' / Touchmaster / Rockola 495 / Rowe Laserstar / Seeburg Matador / The Snapple Machine

ThunderStorm
MAACA Warrior

Postby ThunderStorm » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 pm

mine did the same thing dave, and when jack came over to the house, he replaced one resistor and it worked again, which resistor i don't know, but it must be on the selector mech?

Eric
Stern Mustang. Williams Indiana Jones. Williams Flintstones. Teed off. Time Machine. Cyclone. Rollercoaster Tycoon. Getaway. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. White Water. Apollo 13 and a bunch of other gameroom stuff

Flyer666
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Flyer666 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:32 pm

If you like you can try my black box and see if that fixes the problem...
"A 30 year old game will never, EVER be "100%". That's part of the charm of the game and of the hobby.. fixing is part of the hobby. It's like wrenching on an old car, and often therapeutic"

Davester
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Davester » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks for the offer!
However, I don't want to blow it up if I plug it in and the problem is causing the black box to blow. That would really suck!
I was hoping to find someone that would fix them so I don't feel too bad if the box goes bad again.

Davester.

ontario jukebox/pinball repair

Postby ontario jukebox/pinball repair » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 pm

a little late.............but ive got one on the bench and we are re-learning how to fix these boxes from our mentors!!..........jv :mrgreen:

Dr sparky
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Dr sparky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:50 pm

awesome where are you located?
Lobotomies performed effortlessly with a soldering iron, no charge! Other repairs at reasonable rates.
Not a real Doctor but I will gladly take a look!
F14 TC
Taxi Marilyn
Wild Kingdom rifle
Dr Who
Hot Hand
Asteroids,Battlezone,Arkanoid, Nugget Puck bowler, 60 in 1 , Seeburg Mardi Gras, Global billiards P T, Sound Craft Studio mixer, QSC 1500 watt true mono stereo amp, EV Eliminator 1's, Nakamichi Dragon C.D, custom built audio rack.
Lots of JAMMA boards.

Return to “Jukeboxes only”