The Pint - The Upper Deck Pinball League - New Season - March - April 2019

Looking for a fun place to hang in downtown Toronto? Aching for great beer, great food, great games and a great league to play in? Welcome to the Upper Deck!! Located in The Pint Public House, 277 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2X4. Check for all announcements here!!!
WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

The Pint - The Upper Deck Pinball League - New Season - March - April 2019

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:29 am

Inaugural season Jan/Feb was a good start. Great stuff and "finals" are this Tuesday for the Top 4.
For the rest of us, also the beginning of Season 2 for March/April.

I am new in up-keeping regular announcement posts to everyone.
Pinball every Tuesday forever at The Pint - The Upper Deck.
Everyone is always welcome. 7 pm onward...
Hope to see you all soon...

Cheers. Salut.

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Re: The Pint - The Upper Deck Pinball League - New Season - March - April 2019

Postby Chris Silver » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:57 am

My advice to anyone who has never been there, you have to go at least once. It is such a spectacular environment with such a diverse range of machines to please everybody. The food is fantastic and it’s located just outside of the sky dome which makes it great to kick about downtown Toronto for a while.

On top of it all, it’s fabricated by one of our own not some corporation so it’s worth the support from our collective community.
Pins: Punk!, Centaur II, Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania, Disco
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:19 am

I agree with Chris. This is a must see location to visit when in T.O. for whatever reason(s) you may find yourself in the GTA .

The Pint offers a wide variety of pins and other coin operated staples in a large spacious area on the third floor of this 900 person capacity downtown pub. (Use to be the old Planet Hollywood). I strongly suggest and recommend the squid and the poutine and whatever beverage goes along with that for you. :D

I am really glad that I had a hand in this project. Why ? Well, because Scott started to get this gig into his sights last summer, hence giving me enough time to line up my ducks, and ofcourse, more importantly the reason I wanted to partake was because he is my friend. I did understand that this project would happen with or without me, so this was a good start, less pressure, more voluntary commitment. And even if JamesSchid and I hadn't made it down there in September, I think the end result would have happened regardless, it just would have been different. But in the end, this is all the Warlock's doing. And along with the help of his friends including Sparky and ChrisSilver this would not have been the same and the variety of games would have been poorer. In the end that is what we want, variety and colour and to stand out in a colourless corporate world of conformity. Fuck those people.

Scott remains a dynamo of a man in my book and a wild example of what a human being can be when he refuses to conform to what is ordinary and predictable.

Hugs,

Rob
Last edited by R.A.B. on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks Chris and Rob for the kind words. This project was certainly a labour of love and I couldn't have done it without both of you as well as James and Sparky. Thank you my friends.
I also have to thank all the Bluffs crew as well. The 25 pins that went to The Pint came off the floor at Bluffs and we all replaced the 25 at Bluffs with more from the shelves in short order.

The Pint now has 37 games including basketball, air hockey, foosball, a pool table, dome hockey, racers, shooters and classic vids. There are 24-25 tournament quality ready pins onsite.
Thanks to the rest of the boys, especially Che for helping me gather a few of the non-pin games. The food is great and there are 50 different pints on tap. Even if signs say "this section closed" you can still head upstairs to play games.

League is casual and competetive, is for all ages, has IFPA points but is most importantly fun. Bluffs is pretty busy for Thursday's, and tournaments are regularly sold out, so Tuesday's at the Pint for league is for the public to learn pinball.
Thank you again to all my friends for their assistance. Cheers. Salut.

WARLOCK
MAACA Death Knight

Postby WARLOCK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm

Pinball at The Pint league tonight. 7pm-10pm
Everyone welcome.

EVH

Postby EVH » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

The Pint is an awesome place.

Keep up the good work. Games are in amazing condition with a great variety. Hopefully you put in BKSoRLE. That would so cool.

Return to “The Pint - The Upper Deck”