Anybody know about some Kijiji sales going on?

freebase

Anybody know about some Kijiji sales going on?

Postby freebase » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:41 pm

There is a Kijiji user by the name of Keith using a postal code for Bayshore that has been listing a lot of pinball machines lately...

On the weekend it was a Space Station and today it is a Comet. There was another one on Sunday. He is listing the machines way below market value by matching the US market price.

The listings have almost no content and he doesn't respond to messages.

Very strange. Anyone know what's going on?

bjm-maxx
MAACA Collaborator

Re: Anybody know about some Kijiji sales going on?

Postby bjm-maxx » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Saw the Space Station ad and now the Comet. Responded to the Space Station ad within 15 minutes of it being posted, and no response at all. Would love to know what that was about.

freebase

Postby freebase » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Since he already had my email I decided to respond to the Comet as well. I was the first to see the ad in the first 5 minutes. Still no response.

Something fishy.

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:41 pm

I don't see the listing for a Comet. Do you have a link?
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

sylvain
MAACA Death Knight

Postby sylvain » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Honey Badger wrote:I don't see the listing for a Comet. Do you have a link?

Ad was there two hours ago, gone now. I took a pic of the ad:
Attachments
Kijiji.png
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, Capersville or The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for over 35 years.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

pinballfever64
MAACA Collaborator

Postby pinballfever64 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 pm

I didn't see the add for comet but the add for beat the clock has exact same description as space station did and the map indicates an open field beside a highway . I also have had no response. Somebody is playing games for sure !
line up : space invaders, f-14 tomcat, escape from lost world, party animal, torch, mata hari , Xenon, lost world, high hand, fire, rollergames , big guns,

uncleboo
MAACA Mage

Postby uncleboo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:05 pm

I emailed the guy for Party Zone and Comet with no reply also lol
Probably someone posting for April fools ? And he just keeps posting ads and then removing them lol
Pins
STERN SPIDER-MAN , FISH TALES, EBD 1st Edition ,SKYJUMP

http://www.pinballowners.com/uncleboo

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Honey Badger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 pm

WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

DrSmooth
MAACA Collaborator

Postby DrSmooth » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Do you think someone is fishing for information/emails, or for some other reason?
Dr.Who, World Cup Soccer, Space Shuttle, Hardbody, D&D, Demolition Man, Lizard, Revenge From Mars, Gorgar, Special Force, Baywatch
Gone: Judge Dredd, Spring Break, Elektra, Big Guns, Rocky and Bullwinkle

Chris Silver
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Chris Silver » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:43 am

It would appear to be someone that takes joy in playing with people. It seems they had issues with a few people and have grouped all collectors into the same category. So now they're wasting their time and everybody's time fighting an imaginary battle playing with people's heads over what normally is a simple and enjoyable hobby.
Pins: Lightning, Af-Tor, Embryon, Black Hole, Elektra, Stellar Wars, 8 Ball Deluxe LE, Timeline, Silverball Mania
Vids: Double Dragon 619-1
Gone: Space Station, Top Score, Flash Gordon, Solar Fire, Haunted House, Fire (x2), Vector, Bally Playboy, Tropic Isle, Beat the Clock, Blue-Chip
WTB: Punk!, Black Knight, Spirit, Fathom, Split Second, Nine Ball, Medusa
Its better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:06 am

This is clearly someone on MAACA. The give-away is this sentence in the Walking Dead ad: "Will only accept $4000 so no foolish offers from local members"

"local members" of what? The pinball community? His bowling team? I think it is MAACA.

I know of one MAACA member who would occasionally post Kijiji ads for non-existent machines "to yank people's chains". At the time, I thought it simply a strange thing to do, but if this is the same person, then they have moved on to new levels of sick.
Last edited by DrDude on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Goodes
Stern: Meteor, Nineball, Seawitch, Lightning, Cheetah
Bally: Fathom x 2, Centaur
Gottlieb: Black Hole
Wanted: Catacomb, Solar Fire, Balls-a-Poppin Seawitch backglass
Lust-worthy: Funhouse, Skateball, Capersville

neo_geo
MAACA Collaborator

Postby neo_geo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:42 am

Lol, looks like the guy is going all out.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/ottaw ... nFlag=true

Basically asking $4000 for a TWDLE (see pic attached). When the deal is too good to be true, basically you're asking to receive spam in your inbox :mrgreen:
Attachments
fakelisting.png
Wanted: Indiana Jones:The Pinball Adventure, White Water, Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Haunted House, Theatre of Magic, Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:03 am

DrDude wrote:...I know of one MAACA member who would occasionally post Kijiji ads for non-existent machines "to yank people's chains". At the time, I thought it simply a strange thing to do, but if this is the same person, then they have moved on to new levels of sick.

Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

cdnpinballer
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cdnpinballer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 am

Likely some loser in mom and dad's basement hideout with nothing better to do than post fake kijiji ads.

The person is probably familiar with MAACA.

Grant - you should out the keyboard commando you made reference to!!

shovelhed
MAACA Barbarian

Postby shovelhed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:29 am

I tihnk the Comet was legit. A friend did hear back, or at least told me it's gone minutes after the post went up. Plus, at 1k it's just barely a deal.

shovelhed
MAACA Barbarian

Postby shovelhed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 am

neo_geo wrote:Lol, looks like the guy is going all out.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/ottaw ... nFlag=true

Basically asking $4000 for a TWDLE (see pic attached). When the deal is too good to be true, basically you're asking to receive spam in your inbox :mrgreen:

report the user!

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am

cdnpinballer wrote:Grant - you should out the keyboard commando you made reference to!!

The individual I am referring to is a local MAACA member, and the source of much "drama" of late. Said individual bragged to me in the past about their trolling of Kijiji with fake ads, apparently finding it a source of amusement, but I have no proof it is the same person responsible for these latest ads. Let's just say that these would be literally the least deplorable acts committed by this sad excuse for a pinball enthusiast.
Grant Goodes

Drumheadz
MAACA Mage

Postby Drumheadz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 am

pinballfever64 wrote:I didn't see the add for comet but the add for beat the clock has exact same description as space station did and the map indicates an open field beside a highway . I also have had no response. Somebody is playing games for sure !

The Beat the clock is mine, I have no idea about the other ads

CEM

Postby CEM » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:10 am

DrDude wrote:
cdnpinballer wrote:Grant - you should out the keyboard commando you made reference to!!

The individual I am referring to is a local MAACA member, and the source of much "drama" of late. Said individual bragged to me in the past about their trolling of Kijiji with fake ads, apparently finding it a source of amusement, but I have no proof it is the same person responsible for these latest ads. Let's just say that these would be literally the least deplorable acts committed by this sad excuse for a pinball enthusiast.

Wow

Grant, I am new to MAACA, seems to me it is you the source of much drama recently with your constant remarks

As has been previously posted by other, lets get over this, stop bringing us down.

This is not what I envisioned of this community.

There are other new members who feel the same way I do.

I am taking a break from this forum

click.

juztbecause
MAACA Collaborator

Postby juztbecause » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:05 pm

CEM wrote:

click.

..and I am taking a break from all forums where people post "I am taking a break from this forum"

click.click. ;)

only that probably wouldn't leave me many forums to actually visit then so probably not.

and for those that may be unsure: humour
1.the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.
Fun Fact: Why even eat Corn? It comes out just the same. We might as well eat pennies or little watch batteries. It would serve the same function.

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:22 pm

CEM wrote:
Wow

Grant, I am new to MAACA, seems to me it is you the source of much drama recently with your constant remarks

As has been previously posted by other, lets get over this, stop bringing us down.

This is not what I envisioned of this community.

There are other new members who feel the same way I do.

click.

So you rather not have anyone report fraudulent activity and potentially let you get conned? It is by these posts that many crooks in the past such as Stephen Anderson, Ivo Jebsen and many others have been denounced.

Look it up here:
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html

So if you decide to take a break because you read something you didn't like... well.... OK then. I don't like the drama any more than you do. But I rather know what's going on.

DrDude
MAACA Mage

Postby DrDude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Alas, the Walking Dead post has been taken down (likely due to being reported by users), but what we need to do here is determine which seller (or sellers) is doing this sort of thing so that we can get the accounts shut-down. Kijiji sellers are largely anonymous (no names, phone# only if you provide it, and the location can be changed at any time), but the Creation Date for each user is permanent and can't be changed. Most people don't trust newly-created Kijiji users, so an older one is a good thing to have as a seller, and worth keeping around. Whoever this was knew that their account could be closed, so has probably created a number of accounts and "aged" them (allowing them to sit unused for a while to get the age up).

We need to create a list of the Creation Date for suspect Kijiji sellers, and that is pretty close to a way to uniquely identify the bad seller(s). Over time, they will be shut down by the administrators after complaints, and hopefully that will slowly solve the problem.
Grant Goodes

steamfitter
MAACA Barbarian

Postby steamfitter » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:40 pm

by time you go trough the list and get back to the seller the pin is sold . :FP:
Pins: Mars God of War , Black Hole , bally star trek ,Devil's Dare , Police Force
Jukebox :1972 Seeburg Olympian sps160 , 1986 seeburg SCD-1
Projects : Sinbad , rapid fire , fireball (home edition ) , seeburg LPC-1

http://WWW.pinballowners.com/steamfitter

uberhare
MAACA Barbarian

Postby uberhare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Sparky wrote:So you rather not have anyone report fraudulent activity and potentially let you get conned? It is by these posts that many crooks in the past such as Stephen Anderson, Ivo Jebsen and many others have been denounced.

Look it up here:

So if you decide to take a break because you read something you didn't like... well.... OK then. I don't like the drama any more than you do. But I rather know what's going on.

I've actually met and bought a pin from Mr Anderson years ago. It was before I knew anything of the rumors about him, I figured it out a year or so later. He was nice, appeared genuine and reasonable to deal with. He even let me pick through his pile of old CPU's and driver boards for some spare parts. He also had some old playfields I got to pick at too. No extra cost for the box full of spares I pilfered. The parts were scattered between old junk washing machines. If i had not read & heard about the problems with him, I'd be none the wiser.
Now playing....Dr Who, Pinbot, Black Hole, Mars GOW, Star Race, Stargate, Alien Poker
Now fixing...Circus, Force II

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 pm

uberhare wrote:
Sparky wrote:So you rather not have anyone report fraudulent activity and potentially let you get conned? It is by these posts that many crooks in the past such as Stephen Anderson, Ivo Jebsen and many others have been denounced.

Look it up here:

I've actually met and bought a pin from Mr Anderson years ago. It was before I knew anything of the rumors about him, I figured it out a year or so later. He was nice, appeared genuine and reasonable to deal with. He even let me pick through his pile of old CPU's and driver boards for some spare parts. He also had some old playfields I got to pick at too. No extra cost for the box full of spares I pilfered. The parts were scattered between old junk washing machines. If i had not read & heard about the problems with him, I'd be none the wiser.

That's because you went to see him directly prior to giving him money. If you bought sight-unseen from him, you most assuredly lost your money, or got screwed. Criminal records don't lie.

Return to “Ottawa Pinball League”