Grant, I am new to MAACA, seems to me it is you the source of much drama recently with your constant remarks
As has been previously posted by other, lets get over this, stop bringing us down.
This is not what I envisioned of this community.
There are other new members who feel the same way I do.
I am taking a break from this forum
Was going to take the "high road" and ignore this posting, but I thought about it some more, and here's what I have to say to Craig (and the others he refers to):
- - MAACA is a community as you say, and we are here to help each other out and share in the fun of the hobby
- MAACA is also a resource for the hobbyists among us, where we can ask technical questions, and get helpful advice
- It is better to give than to receive, but we have all been on the "needing to receive" end of this hobby at one time or another
- As an Electrical Engineer, and having brought many pinballs back from the dead over the years, I have a good deal of expertise, much of it gained by asking questions on rec.games.pinball "back in the day"
- A significant motivation for my joining of MAACA was to share my hard-won expertise with others, since I legitimately enjoy giving back to the hobby that has given me so much pleasure over the years
- I will stand by my record on this forum: I've tried to be helpful and give back. I contribute regularly to threads of interest to all, and try to remain civil and treat others with respect at all times
- As with any group of people, there are always going to be some bad actors, and the person under discussion on this thread clearly takes a sick pleasure in taunting collectors, and is likely a member of MAACA (the "no foolish offers from local members" comment)
- MAACA must be self-policing to some degree, lest the bad actors run rampant: Witness the way that internet trolls are able to dominate most online comment sections
- I and various MAACA members who have been aggrieved by a very bad actor on this group have been extremely reluctant to "name names" because we don't want to have this forum dissolve into a pissing match
- Your comment "let's get over this" suggests you have some knowledge of these acts and the actor, and you have seemingly judged them to be of little significance, or the actor to be innocent: Needless to say, I strongly disagree with that assessment!
- If anyone is "bringing us down", it is the bad actor, but they are remaining carefully in the shadows
- The "drama" is thus that the bad actor exists, and we are all trying to make sure that no more members fall victim to this individual.
- Or you can believe that I am the sick one, the source of all these problems, and that I just enjoy all the "drama". Yeah, right..
- Finally: Karma is (eventually) a bitch!