New This Year

Honey Badger
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

New This Year

Post by Honey Badger »

Beginning this year the OPL will be a cost of $10 per person, per event to be given to the host of the event when at a private residence. This was brought up in the past by a few of the members who have hosted and we have decided to go forward with that so the host can pay for repairs and maintenance on their games. There will be no 50/50 draws.

Everybody who attends is still asked to bring a food item to share in a potluck. Please don't show up to events empty handed.

Thanks
Jason
OPL President
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

semicolin
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 226 times

Re: New This Year

Post by semicolin »

That's entirely fair. Having had a bajillion people over before, dropping chips and spilling beer... being able to just drop a hundred bucks on a cleaner afterwards would be a huge relief to a host.

ShootAgain
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by ShootAgain »

..or the money can be used to buy flowers and chocolate to the wife so she might agree to host another OPL :)
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Makes sense. PWO has been doing a $5/person collection for a while now, just to cover some of the cost of general wear and tear.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

LOPL has been doing this for a while now. $10 a head to cover refreshments and incidentals for the host. They're opening their home, it's the least the attendees can do. Plus, it's still a cheap night out.
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

DonnyBrasco
MAACA New Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by DonnyBrasco »

I don't think any reasonable patron would gawk at that at a commercial establisment let alone some kind local collectors nice enough to host..Looking forward to attending my first soon..Nice meeting you Jason and others at the OPGS. :)