New This Year

Honey Badger
MAACA Death Knight

New This Year

Postby Honey Badger » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Beginning this year the OPL will be a cost of $10 per person, per event to be given to the host of the event when at a private residence. This was brought up in the past by a few of the members who have hosted and we have decided to go forward with that so the host can pay for repairs and maintenance on their games. There will be no 50/50 draws.

Everybody who attends is still asked to bring a food item to share in a potluck. Please don't show up to events empty handed.

Thanks
Jason
OPL President
WTB: Cyclopes, Split Second, Flight 2000, Warlok, BMX, Alien Star, Stern Iron Maiden SS, Vampire, Superman

semicolin
MAACA Barbarian

Re: New This Year

Postby semicolin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 pm

That's entirely fair. Having had a bajillion people over before, dropping chips and spilling beer... being able to just drop a hundred bucks on a cleaner afterwards would be a huge relief to a host.
Sharing my space with: Stern Meteor, Gottlieb Tag Team, Interflip Dragon, Bally Centaur II, Street Fighter cab w/Premium 8
Wanted: Widebody cocktail cabinet, ≥ 36", Bally Elektra, Williams Rollergames

ShootAgain
MAACA Barbarian

Postby ShootAgain » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:21 pm

..or the money can be used to buy flowers and chocolate to the wife so she might agree to host another OPL :)
It's only Pinball! Carry on, BUCKO!

cait001
MAACA Death Knight

Postby cait001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Makes sense. PWO has been doing a $5/person collection for a while now, just to cover some of the cost of general wear and tear.
PINS: GTB Super Soccer (lent), GTB Sure Shot, BLY Mousin' Around, WMS No Good Gofers, WMS Triple Strike (loan)
COUNTERTOP: 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series, 1934 Bally Signal Jr, 1934 Bally Signal Sr (lent), 1950 Culp Bridge Ball, 1964 Daiwa Pachinko, 1972 CC Mini-Baseball (loan), 1975 Satomi Arrangeball, 1930 Fields Five Jacks, 1931 Pace Base Ball, 1931 Pace Whiz Ball, 1932 Bally Goofy, 1978 Haiwa Pachinko
WANTED: スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Bell-Fruit Cascade
backglasses wanted: Fairy, Fire Queen, Out Of Sight
marquees wanted: Dark Planet, Strider, Astro Invader, R-Type (w/ship)
Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- repair blog -- game ratings

Hammerhead
MAACA Barbarian

Postby Hammerhead » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:06 pm

LOPL has been doing this for a while now. $10 a head to cover refreshments and incidentals for the host. They're opening their home, it's the least the attendees can do. Plus, it's still a cheap night out.
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

DonnyBrasco

Postby DonnyBrasco » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am

I don't think any reasonable patron would gawk at that at a commercial establisment let alone some kind local collectors nice enough to host..Looking forward to attending my first soon..Nice meeting you Jason and others at the OPGS. :)

Return to “Ottawa Pinball League”