Please delete this post, I can't, and I want it removed.

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Valued Contributor

Please delete this post, I can't, and I want it removed.

Post by Drunkey Kong »

Please Delete this post.
Last edited by Drunkey Kong on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mike
MAACA Super Contributor

Re: Safecracker For Sale My buddy's

Post by Mike »

I agree, this seems like a pretty fair price, I don't think I've seen an asking price this low for a Safe Cracker in a long time. However, pictures will tell the real story, but either way it should be a good deal for someone looking for this game.

TwilightZone
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by TwilightZone »

PM sent!

Cheers,
Duane
Looking for web/graphic design, hosting, application Development, or CMS design/hosting?

MarketAccess Communications Inc.
Providing exceptional services for Small Business, Associations and Government
http://www.marketaccess.ca

Just Accessibility - Accessible Document Consulting and Remediation
https://www.justaccessibility.com/

Hosted in Canada Surveys
http://www.hostedincanadasurveys.ca/

pinstocker
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by pinstocker »

this game does nothing for me, but this is a fair price

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Valued Contributor

Re: Safecracker For Sale My buddy's Pics now.

Post by Drunkey Kong »

Just posted pics. Bump

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Get thee hence satan. Especially with you being around the corner and this being one of the most intriguing games for anyone like me who loves the "unique." A completely different game if you play it as a single player vs. against friends. And if you like UK Fruit Machine Hi/Lo and ladder action... well, it's got that too.

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Drunkey Kong »

Bump, still for sale.

stiffler4444
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by stiffler4444 »

Sounds like a fair price to me. Considering it has a faded cab, there's some work to be done to make it perfect. With all the talk on pricing these days, I'd say it's a good value, not overpriced, but not underpriced....
Present: The Sopranos.
Past: F-14 Tomcat, BSD, Cyclone, Haunted House, BK2000, Black Rose, Goldwings, Phantom of the Opera, Panthera
Future: ???

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Drunkey Kong »

Bump, still for sale now $4000 O.B.O pick up only.

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Drunkey Kong »

Please delete this post

Thank you. Still available.
Last edited by Drunkey Kong on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Drunkey Kong wrote:OK, so here's the deal. The owner is not willing to entertain any lowball offers.

Thank you. Still available.
Here's the reason (my post below) I think classifieds should be closed OP posts only (I am going to try and help your friend's sale by turning this FS thread into a conversation):

I don't get it. OBO means "Or Best Offer"... it's inviting low balls. I even thought for a couple of seconds (because I would love to own one of these because I love the fruit machine side game aspect), hmm... maybe he needs fast cash, and will accept the $2000 that I could potentially afford to give the Safecracker a loving new home (and not flip for at least 5 years - because it takes me that long to get around to setting up my new purchases!!).

There are three kinds of "Firm" - the one that really is "Firm" because you don't really want to sell it, and the other where you put it up market value or a little higher and hope you find a buyer who wants to shut out the competition quickly but would accept a reasonable offer within a few hundred.

Then there's the third (which I have been guilty of) where you start out Firm, then a few days or week later it's a little lower firm, then it's no longer firm but O.B.O, then it's back to sort of firm again.

The best advice you can give to your friend is to stop taking your and everyone elses' advice about its value (which has changed, now that everyone knows that "rare" doesn't equate with "fun" - why else other than needing fast cash would he sell it) and just decide how much he'd be happy accepting as his lowest price, put it out there and wait, and wait. One day the right fish will bite. If no one bites, the price is too high for the market at the moment, that's all.

:lol: (forgot to add a Smiley)

mwong168
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by mwong168 »

I know and talk to the owner of this SC on a regular basis. Trust me he doesn't need fast cash and only reason it is going up for sale is because he needs the space for his Tron Pro which has been sitting new in the box in the corner next to his HEP restored AFM and GNR for months. Fortunately for his modern Stern fix he has an ACDC BIBLE. SC was his first pin and had it for almost 7 years and now ready to part with it and add another new exciting pin to the line up.

I took some pictures of the actual machine to show some of my friends last month but timing was bad or people were already over their pin limit with their wives. I hope these will help anyone who is on the fence about this game or making the trip out to Scarborough to see it. If there is any other pics you guys want to see let me know and I can ask my friend to take it or if I go by his place I can take some for you.

Right now he is hoping to get $4000 o.b.o. (or best "reasonable" offer). I also told him part of the reason why it might not have sold on maaca is because people might be skeptical buying via third party. He has been put in touch with a few tire kickers from here and one person commented on How they could buy Ballyboy's for $6500 but offered him $2700-2800. Who knows maybe after someone sees these pics they might ask to pay him in installments?

If you are worried about the cab fade and don't wanna spent money on new decals you can try this :)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... afecracker

Good luck to both seller and potential buyer for this game.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

mwong168 wrote: because he needs the space for his Tron Pro which has been sitting new in the box in the corner next to his HEP restored AFM and GNR for months.
Now, that is one problem I'd really like to have... :mrgreen:

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

How many tokens are there?
WTB: nadda

machine.slave

Post by machine.slave »

mwong168 wrote: one person commented on How they could buy Ballyboy's for $6500 but offered him $2700-2800.
I wonder who that was.. :lol:

Anyway I did offer him $3800 cash a while back and was totally ready to buy it until some Asian fellow convinced me to buy his RFM and Shadow instead.... ;)

mwong168
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by mwong168 »

machine.slave wrote: I wonder who that was.. :lol:
You wanna start the same fire as last week? :twisted:
machine.slave wrote: Anyway I did offer him $3800 cash a while back and was totally ready to buy it until some Asian fellow convinced me to buy his RFM and Shadow instead.... ;)
I told the seller you had $3800 cash in hand ready and an empty van. What I forgot to tell him was the offer expired in 3 minutes cause that is how long it took for you and I to come up with the Shadow and RFM trade :lol: Just got off the phone with the seller an hour ago and kicking himself for hesitating.

monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by monkeybug »

machine.slave wrote:
mwong168 wrote: one person commented on How they could buy Ballyboy's for $6500 but offered him $2700-2800.
I wonder who that was.. :lol:
So without wings, faded cab and no tokens, the game drops 50%? Interesting.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

I think the thing here is that Safecracker is a kind of rare game that a hardcore collector would WANT to spend good money on in primo condition (or get for a bargain price and restore). I imagine that these photographs don't do it entire justice (they do look washed out).

So if it's not a collector quality piece, then possibly it's rarity alone possibly isn't enough to attract the right buyer yet even at what would have been a good price for it 2 years ago. And that's probably because as a playable game goes, it's a relative unknown to most people, certainly not talked up the way a game like Twilight Zone is, and has a somewhat questionable lasting value in a small collection.

I for example found it to be two completely different games when you are playing it alone, or in a twosome or group. It is a very unusual twist on the "timing" aspect of the game which is both attractive and at the same time a diversion from what most players expect in a game. I personally like it. If I had the funds, I think this is the lowest I've seen it priced and I would be buying it. I especially like the "board game" aspect which is a lot like how Fruit Machines work in the UK...not everyone would find that break in a game to be their cup of tea.

And I don't have enough experience with it in tournament play, but I highly suspect that this isn't considered a particularly good "go to" game in a Tournament setting. Perhaps Adam has a better perspective on it as a Tournament machine that he could share?

I think if someone goes into the game with eyes wide open, and the right standard of funding, then it would make an excellent addition to a collection with a few games in it. I think it won't be immediately scooped up until the asking price falls down around $3500 ish.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

At the latest TOPL.org play-offs, Nick's Safecracker was set-up for a mini-tournament where you ONLY play the timed token game. Good fun, but I didn't quite understand what best to shoot for to earn the most points.

Amazing use of space, imho, but I still haven't logged that much time on Safecracker to really *get* the entire game. However, I consider myself fortunate to have experienced the token flying out. WTF!?! At the time, I had no idea that was supposed to happen. Very cool.

Neat game that I look forward to playing again.

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by aerostarz »

OTTOgd wrote:However, I consider myself fortunate to have experienced the token flying out. WTF!?! At the time, I had no idea that was supposed to happen. Very cool.

Neat game that I look forward to playing again.
LOL,
I had the same reaction when i first played kim's Safecracker.
Pins: Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, Batman Forever, Popeye

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Ahh, the big question... Did you get to keep the token? :)

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

websherpa wrote:Ahh, the big question... Did you get to keep the token? :)
Hells yah, I keeped it! I gots $5 fer it on Epay!

:D

mwong168
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by mwong168 »

websherpa wrote:I think the thing here is that Safecracker is a kind of rare game that a hardcore collector would WANT to spend good money on in primo condition (or get for a bargain price and restore). I imagine that these photographs don't do it entire justice (they do look washed out).
These were taken with my crappy LG cell phone and these days you are lucky if you can get pictures from a seller with the glass off :) Also just to confirm this SC does come with some tokens, if you want a count I can find out for you guys. Just make sure if you have Kev over make sure you pat him down and o check his pockets before he leaves :lol:

shinynick
MAACA Valued Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by shinynick »

Kev - Du U haz my TOKENZZZZ?
I'm coming over to steal your landscaping

nics135
MAACA New Contributor

Post by nics135 »

I wish someone would buy this and put me out of my misery. If I did not have a WOZ on order and had kept my big mouth shut with the wife (warden?) about not buying any more machines this year, I probably would be playing this right now.

I have only played a few times during topl events and found the game really interesting.