Please delete this post, I can't, and I want it removed.

This is the place where useless stuff goes.
Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Re: Safecracker For Sale My buddy's Pics now.

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 am

delete
Last edited by Atomicboy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
WTB: nadda

underachiever
MAACA Barbarian

Postby underachiever » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 am

Atomicboy wrote:
machine.slave wrote:
mwong168 wrote: one person commented on How they could buy Ballyboy's for $6500 but offered him $2700-2800.

I wonder who that was.. :lol:

Anyway I did offer him $3800 cash a while back and was totally ready to buy it until some Asian fellow convinced me to buy his RFM and Shadow instead.... ;)

So I can see I’ve been called upon again to explain yet another one of my private messages, which was incorrect in the amount, and of course, out of context. Further “class”, but I have nothing to hide or give a shit about fearing in rebutting, so grab your popcorn and here we go:

I was already contemplating Dan’s SC, which was offered to me before it was posted. It would already be in my gamesroom if it wasn’t for the woz I have ordered, but I must say I came back to the idea of buying it almost daily, and I bet if the mods could show the stats, half the hits to that thread were from me.

When this seller gave me his offer of $5,000, I decided to size them up, and IF I was going to buy a SC, make a decision based on this. Market dictates price, and given there was another sale, that only makes sense to me. In doing this, I comparably valued Dan’s, in knocking the package and price down to the following:

Dan’s came with:
LED kit - $200
New ramp set - $290
Pinball pro sub - $80
Plastic set - $105
Not to mention the used, unbroken set would likely fetch another $80 on RGP.
This one was shopped with new rubbers (shop jobs, as per the last thread on this area what$250-$400 I believe the consensus was?).
Chrome trim, lockdown, legs, I’m guessing $300-$400 for that?
This came with new original uninstalled wings. Repro decals alone are over $100, I’m guessing the wings, if sold would be worth at least $300
Original Topper, I’m guessing around $100, repros are $80.
This has perfect unfaded decals or perfect new decals installed, my understanding was the that wasn’t understood. For new decals $220 and cost to install, around $300-$400 in labour.
A set of NOS tokens. BAA offers repros at $250, I can only imagine a NOS set would fetch $400-$500 easy IF you can find.

So when I add up all this stuff and the things to undo to this machine to the same as is condition as the other machine, I come up to a difference of about $2,500-$2,700 difference in value. With tax and shipping for most of this stuff would easily push this to $3,000. Given Dan’s was last down to I believe $6,500, I then valued this at around $3,500 in same conditions. Only problem is, I have no idea if this was in same condition. For all I know the token mech could be missing (common), other parts could be damaged, I’m sure it needs complete flipper/sling/other rebuilds, and a bunch of other stuff that I know was already done to Dan’s. Also, it could have had many of the other surprises I have come to find when buying other’s machines that was previously undisclosed in the sale thread, so I account for this before viewing, it only makes sense now.

In relation to that, I noted my offer would be in the $3,000 range and maybe less depending on photos and condition.

I would also like to note the machine was offered initially much higher than the asking price now at $5,000, and in the terms of usual negotiations, I expected the end result to end up somewhere between to both figures. I know this concept is completely unheard of. But I wanted to see photos first, and decide from there.

Now, I did also forget to mention that this all occurred well BEFORE this thread was posted, and when photos were not available, which do show some insert wear, which Dan’s had none of. Not a biggie, but I’m sure anyone would agree, just something else to consider in the overall deal.

As well, I *DID NOT* approach this individual (who by the way, IS a maaca member), he approached ME asking to help him find machines out of the blue, and asking to buy some of my machines. He offered out his SC as a trade for some of mine, I said, as I always do that none are available other than a possible deal involving a machine I had just acquired.

He then told me his straight out price, and I replied, after making the above evaluation (for myself), noting that given the one for sale, my offer would be, as noted, in the $3k range. I considered it, and assumed he would move from $5k, which he did, and I would move from $3k, and if we did a deal, it would be somewhere in between. Again, I know, total unorthodox method for doing a deal, but whatever, I’m an oddball.

When he messaged me again later, I had decided that if I was going to buy one, I would likely go with Dan’s, as it had all the extras I would want to do (hell, you couldn’t even if you wanted to get all that stuff if you tried), and was already in nearly done state, however, in the end decided I couldn’t do SC and woz together right now, and chose woz. I then advised him, not knowing at this time if he knew anyone in maaca, that he should post for sale in the for sale section here and it would likely get bought. DK then posted this for him within days after this.

I would like to note I will not be posting (EVER) any private messages, as I do not believe it proper or ethical, and the original seller of this game and I had very amicable discussions right to the end. I don’t believe his values were at all unreasonable, but given there was an option, I let him know where I was coming from so that he knew I wasn’t just trying to lowball him.

What doesn’t get noted is all the other PM’s I’m SURE he received from others here (which is of course fine, and part of the buying process), only mine, and again, it was HE that approaching ME, I was not responding to his firm offer noted here. Awesomeness :D

So as you all can see, another shady, unrealistic attempt to scam the little man by the evil maaca tyrant Atomicboy, with no reasonable explanation for his underhanded actions or unethical dealing practice.

Anymore private messages you guys want to try to rip me on or are we done here?

This entire message above, and mine of course, belong in the 'Forum and Chat' section and not part of the 'For Sale' section. I've kept fairly quiet on this subject so far, which is dam near impossible for me, but this kind of thread hijacking has got to stop. Criticize me all you like, after this post has been moved. This is not a slam directed at Atomic Boy or anyone else in this quote, this is just the latest 'offense' committed in the for sale section.

My 2 cents
stef

10 Pins - HS (under restoration),Firepower, STARGATE, ST 25th, EFTLW, Whirlwind, White Water, Judge Dredd, Joker Poker, BSD
1 Slot - 3 Reel
4 Vids - Rush the Rock x 2 linked, Mame(under repair), Megatouch XL
4 nut machines (seems appropriate)

Wish List never to have to use another freaking token for as long as I live

Gone from lineup - Pinbot, Area 51 Site 4, GT2005, Carnevil, F-14, Diamond Lady

Proud founding member of TCPL (Tri-City Pinball League) - we have expanded into other communities too.

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 am

Why is other ppl posting the price and photos but not the seller?

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 am

The offences are proving my point.... perhaps, finally, it's time to "try" Original Poster only Classifieds? Just an idea, just a diversion. People can always start separate threads to discuss a particular For Sale thread that they want to contribute to or denigrate.

Splitskull: Good Point.

Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

delete
Last edited by Atomicboy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

monkeybug
MAACA Death Knight

Postby monkeybug » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

websherpa wrote:The offences are proving my point.... perhaps, finally, it's time to "try" Original Poster only Classifieds? Just an idea, just a diversion. People can always start separate threads to discuss a particular For Sale thread that they want to contribute to or denigrate.

Splitskull: Good Point.

Last edited by monkeybug on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machine.slave

Postby machine.slave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

Splitskull wrote:Why is other ppl posting the price and photos but not the seller?

My guess is that the seller doesn't like what this place has to offer and is relying on friends with good stature to post for him. Nothing wrong with that, we've all done it. Friends help friends. :)

@Aaron Thanks for the novel, man! :lol: But I was leaning more towards it being tglover.. :)

Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:28 am

delete

Menace
MAACA Death Knight

Postby Menace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 am

Atomicboy wrote:Hey, in this, and the other thread, I was initiated on without ANY provoking or involvement on my part. In both threads my private messages were posted in an attempt (poorly) of defamation. I’m sorry to have to respond, but I was called out in and in both situations, only rebutted.

I will always defend myself, as I would expect anyone else here would.

I'm very confused... I just went back and re-read all the previous posts on this thread, in case I missed something, but NOWHERE did I see anyone mention your name in regards to anything... So wtf, I don't get it? Guilty conscience? Because @ this point that's the only reason I can see you posting that rant.

D

Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 am

delete

OTTOgd
MAACA Grand Wizard

Postby OTTOgd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 am

shinynick wrote:Kev - Du U haz my TOKENZZZZ?
I'm coming over to steal your landscaping

You best NOT touch a single flamingo, yo!

DANG!

machine.slave

Postby machine.slave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 am

TBH I started quite a few fires last week apparently.. I was in a shitty mood. That said, it just seemed like something tglover would've done.

At any rate, $4k (or even $3800) is a great price for this game, I'm surprised it's still for sale! But then I'm the kinda player who's less concerned about the shape of the cab and more concerned about the shape of the playfield.. cabs can be repaired much easier than playfields. :) Someone should pick this up, it's a very fun pin.. I couldn't stop playing it at Nick's.

*sigh* yet another FS thread has gone way, WAY off track. :(

Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 am

Brock and I have resolved this matter between us, and I hope we continue to remain friends from here on out. I am sorry to all who were caught in the middle of this. I will be deleting all my posts in this thread.

QN
MAACA Barbarian

Postby QN » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

Menace wrote:I'm very confused... I just went back and re-read all the previous posts on this thread, in case I missed something, but NOWHERE did I see anyone mention your name in regards to anything...
D

+1, I did the same thing. And when I saw the 'wonder who that was' line, I immediately thought tglover.....

machine.slave

Postby machine.slave » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 am

This does NOT mean that Aaron and I have agreed on pizza toppings, but we have agreed that the practice of "half and half" pizzas is an acceptable compromise.

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:24 am

machine.slave wrote:
Splitskull wrote:Why is other ppl posting the price and photos but not the seller?

My guess is that the seller doesn't like what this place has to offer and is relying on friends with good stature to post for him. Nothing wrong with that, we've all done it. Friends help friends. :)

@Aaron Thanks for the novel, man! :lol: But I was leaning more towards it being tglover.. :)

this doesnt help anything.. is 4k firm.. then is not.. then is 4k firm again...

to me it looks like another case of somone who is trying to sell a pinball that is not his and try to make a profit out of it. I would guess at 4k makes a profit, but less not???

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Splitskull wrote:
to me it looks like another case of somone who is trying to sell a pinball that is not his and try to make a profit out of it. I would guess at 4k makes a profit, but less not???

Man, you are my new MAACA "tell it like it is" idol!

Atomicboy
MAACA Goliath

Postby Atomicboy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't believe, in my dealings with the owner, this is the case. He has a maaca handle, but doesn't post, maybe 2 in total. I believe DK shops games for him, and that is the original of Dk posting the machine for him.

There is nothing shady in the owner's sale.

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Mrhide » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:22 pm

machine.slave wrote:*sigh* yet another FS thread has gone way, WAY off track. :(

...look at the participants. Always the same few.
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Mrhide wrote:
...look at the participants. Always the same few.

Just couldn't stay away, eh? :lol:

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Mrhide » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 pm

more and more ... Sorry boys.
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Collaborator

Postby Drunkey Kong » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm

I have requested removal of post
Last edited by Drunkey Kong on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:58 am

Drunkey Kong wrote:Woah, i dont look at Maaca for a few days and this is what happens if you try to help a friend sell a machine. This is utter infant bullshit, probably exactly why the seller doesnt want to deal with this forum and just wants a serious buyer. As for Atomicboy even posting a comment, i dont understand? I only received 1 pm and did not pass it on to the seller or the sellers info to him. I also being the middle man exchanging email info did not discuss price as i left that to tje seller. I only passed on info if there was actual intetest or an offer close to his asking price. I will leave this post up untill monday, then it will be deleated. If anyone actually wants to buy safecracker rather than bitching and moaning about it they can Pm me later and i can pass the info if its still around. But this kind of shit makes me hate this place, either its trying to sabotage a potential sale ( if i cant buy it no one can, syndrome) and it also seems that if you speak your mind youre shit all over, if you try to help someone you get shit all over. If you try to make a buck, ( not the case in this sale, only helping the seller find a buyer only, but i guess i should have been a asshole and said do it yourself, why the fuck should i help anybody) same thing. Its a hobby people, ease up. I would rather deal with the a-holes on kijiji anyday than this childish crap. Its a forsale post, nothing more and it turns into this? Fuck! Im dissappointed and disgusted on this forums conduct. I have requested removal of post

Whoa... what's with the attitude?... lots of big words there... do not shit on everyone on this forum ok?

What's the point of leaving the post until Monday if you gonna delete it anyway? just curious...

websherpa

Postby websherpa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:23 am

Drunkey Kong wrote:OK, so here's the deal. The owner is not willing to entertain any lowball offers. Like $1000 off of his asking price. I think the price speaks for itself, and the general consensus seems to be that it is very reasonable. And he wont sell for any less. He will not ship, the machine is located at his home in Scarborough.
Close to his $4000 asking price. -$100-200 bucks if you have a long distance to travel. Otherwise all other offers will be ignored. I will pass on the seller your information, or his if you are serious.

Thank you. Still available.

Ummm... this is the post that started it all....I think most people read it like a complaint against someone who actually took the time to make an offer and a snub at anyone else even thinking of making an offer. In all the cases here I've seen of expensive machines that have sold quickly; the seller sets a price, puts as many positive things about their machine for sale up as they can, doesn't respond negatively to anyone except perhaps to say, "no, thank you" in a PM, and then sits and waits (and possibly promotes it in a few different places to get it out into different markets).

Granted, there is something in the air these days that is putting everyone off (not just at MAACA). I apologize for fanning the flames - I guess it amounts to cheap entertainment - but I for one really do hope that the Safecracker sells to someone who will really appreciate its charms.

Generally speaking, when a FS thread gets turned into a conversation, it makes the sale more visible to buyers. Then you pretty much allowed yourself to get trolled and are now posting to complain about everyone and all the chit chat on the for sale thread that admittedly you haven't answered by calling everyone a shit disturber (which has some merit, but I don't think it has anything to do with the other motives you've ascribed).

Why hasn't the safecracker sold yet? 1) No one reading the thread wants one? 2) No one can afford one? 3) The photographs don't do the machine in question justice? 4) The post is not from the original seller who I think you've said is a MAACA member and doesn't like to deal here?

The safe cracker isn't going to sell to contributors to this thread (even if you think they are trying to drive the price down); it's going to sell to someone who sees a Safecracker for sale for $4000 and thinks it's a good deal and wants one. When I want something, I could care less what the rest of the world says, or even what the original asking price is. I make my offer and, hopefully inspect the machine, and take it from there privately.

Drunkey Kong
MAACA Collaborator

Re: Please delete this post

Postby Drunkey Kong » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 am

I can't delete this post for some reason, and have requested it removed, but since everyone has an opinion here's mine..... How about leaving for sale ADs, ADs only, not letting everyone chime in and turning it into a "conversation" If there is interest in a certain machine or item it will be sold. But it is highly unfair to let everyone else throw around their opinion of how much it should be or why or who wants it, or the reasons people might not. Let the item speak for itself, specifically if you are not involved in the sale. If something sells, it sells, if it doesn't oh well. But posting personal opinions, is total nonsense.

I think that is what the Classified section needs. No ability to reply other than to the original poster in PM's.
Imagine if you could post reply's on kijiji? It would total kaos!

This is not an attack on anyone that posted their opinion, I just feel that the classified section is not the forum for it.

Leave Ads as what they are intended to be. :)
Last edited by Drunkey Kong on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Recycle bin”