JD3 wrote:"Now back to your regularly scheduled program"

worse than when the president comes on during my shows! :roll:
LOL

COCTAILS AND HOT NUTS!!!!

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Re: Really, guys?

Post by Atomicboy »

The mods here have done a lot for this site and everyone here. They have given you all a place to meet and get to know each other over the years, and to buy and sell. I can’t say I supported some of the actions of the “temp” mods that once were, but the owners/current mods have done a great service for all of you for a long time. You need to remember that!

Most of the crap they have taken could really fall into a “damned if you do and damned if you don’t” scenario with regards to pleasing everyone.

I was surprised by the split, and not sure why it was needed, but whatever people want. Some of these attacks on the mods here are what is a little much though.

I have personally been happy with my time in maaca, and will continue to be an active member here, unless it goes all French (nothing against the French of course, I just don’t want to have to translate everything).
WTB: nadda

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Re: Really, guys?

Post by Pinball.Customs »

Atomicboy wrote:The mods here have done a lot for this site and everyone here.
Yup! Agreed. Ian is a top-notch guy.. he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. The "other site" is merely an alternative. Nothing more.

The way I see it.. the more exposure of the hobby we can give to Canada, the better.
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: I like pizza.

Post by aerostarz »

I like Hot NUTS!

Hot Nuts for Sale!! Who wants some Hot NUTS?
Attachments
roasted.jpg
Pins: Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, Batman Forever, Popeye

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

I like hot nuts too!

Wayyy back, when my family would wander around downtown Toronto, my dad would always buy a bag of roasted chestnuts from the mobile vendors. Yum. Those guys sold all kinds of stuff, including caramel apples and other sweets and toys.

I remember one vendor by the ROM would chirp-chirp all day like a bird, also selling these little mouth pieces that, with practice, you too could tweet like a bird. I bought one and was terrible.

But now I have peanut/treenut allergy kids. No nuts in the house.

I like hot chestnuts!

Last edited by OTTOgd on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

OTTOgd wrote:...I remember one vendor by the ROM would chirp-chirp all day like a bird, also selling these little mouth pieces that, with practice, you too could tweet like a bird. I bought one and was terrible.

But now I have peanut/treenut allergy kids. No nuts in the house.

HOLY FUCK!!! I remember that guy as a kid when visiting Toronto!!!! I swear I have a picture of him somewhere in a photo album!!!! I will have to look it up tonight and scan the pic!!

sylvain
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sylvain »

This is really disappointing. Life is short and this hobby a lot of fun.
Let's respect and help each other instead of this juvenile drama, please.
I reported that ad - it really has no place on Kijiji or in this hobby.

Keep on flippin, fixin' and helpin' !
Sincerely,
- Sylvain.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
Looking for Bally Star-Jet, The Wiggler, Williams Magic City, Grand Lizard, Swords of Fury, 1986 Pinstar Gamatron, and a few others.
Collecting & repairing electro-mechanical and solid state pinball machines with quality and care for 40+ years already.
Serious and fun hobby, powerful nostalgia !

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

sylvain wrote:This is really disappointing. Life is short and this hobby a lot of fun.
Let's respect and help each other instead of this juvenile drama, please.
I reported that ad - it really has no place on Kijiji or in this hobby.

Keep on flippin, fixin' and helpin' !
Sincerely,
- Sylvain.
Greeeeeat. Again. Super.

Just ignore it... probably Adam (MovingPictures) venting again.

Edit: Yup... it is. Just ignore it. Not even worth replying to. All I will say is that if a person actually spends the time to write such a stupidity merely over getting banned from a pinball forum, it is a sad thing. I am not even insulted... I am genuinely saddened for this person. Imagine if it was something serious, like your wife getting mugged, your kids getting beaten up or you get broken into and robbed at home. Don't get me wrong... a forum is a fun place to get info and have a discussion... but on the importance level in life, I doubt it warrants such a reaction.

What can you do... some people are just angry.

AMX
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 12 times

Post by AMX »

Que voulez vous?! Some people don't like container, I don't like hot nuts BUT I LIKE FLATHEAD!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Seeburg DS, Seeburg AY, Seeburg 222, RockOla 418, AMI E-80
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

paidge
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by paidge »

AMX wrote:Que voulez vous?! Some people don't like container, I don't like hot nuts BUT I LIKE FLATHEAD!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Clisss de beau morceau.

C'est un 350 ou un 383?

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Dayum!!! That is gorgeous...

hyann
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by hyann »

Funny the 'split' thing... like we need to be all in the same place. We read and reported pinball news, articles, events all over the world but we should take side for Maaca or the revolution site...

Comme dit Elvis Gratton: C'est fini ça les séparatistes!
http://www.pinballowners.com/hyann
Working on: Taxi PF restoration
In french: Blog sur machines, romans et jeux: http://machines-romans-jeux.blogspot.com

MPL 2009-2010 Iron Man and Royal Flush: Best effort awards
MPL 2010-2011 Gary stern trophy !

Toeckeder
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Toeckeder »

Pascal,
Is that a ford?

Really don't care about the car, but a top movie for me...
It is myself and my daughter during vacations this summer, love that picture

Please guys, who knows about this car? Plate number......... So easy!!!!
Attachments
PICT0050.JPG
PICT0045.JPG
Pins: HIGH SPEED, GUNS N ROSES, FIREPOWER, SORCERER, LASER WAR, FATHOM, NOW, BLACKOUT, ALIEN POKER, LASER BALL, TOMMY, FIREPOWER II, BALLY PLAYBOY, RUSH LE, RIVERBOAT GAMBLER
WTB: NO Vacancy
Vid: MAME #1, TEMPEST, NUCLEUS CANNON, MAME #2, NAMCO Reunion Class of '81
Gone: Punch-Out!!, TARGET ALPHA, STARGATE, SPIRIT OF 76, ROLLERGAMES, TAXI, TOMMY, EARTHSHAKER, BACK TO THE FUTURE, TWILIGHT ZONE, TX SECTOR, CENTAUR, AC/DC PRO, ROLLERGAMES, WHIRLWIND, TIME MACHINE, GALAGA, GRAND LIZARD, TORPEDO ALLEY, F-14 TOMCAT, BLACKOUT, ALGAR, FIREPOWER II, ABRACADABRA, EIGHT BALL DELUXE LE

AMX
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by AMX »

Le Ford 32 de American Graffiti...
Ça devait pas etre l'original.... Y avait pas de BF Goodrich sur le vrai! :lol: Pis y a pas les p'tites ailes en avant...

Pis oui, bon film culte pour les gars de char! :thumbup
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Video
Star Wars + ESB, 1942, 1943, Striker 1945, Arkanoid, Arkanoid Revenge Of Doh, Spy Hunter, Aero Fighters
Arcade
Chicago Coin TV Baseball, Midway Haunted House, Chicago Coin Varsity, United Line Up, United Sure Fire, Bally ABC Tournament

AMX
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by AMX »

paidge wrote: Clisss de beau morceau.

C'est un 350 ou un 383?
Guy, c'est quelque chose entre un 239 et un 304....Faudrait ouvrir le block pour le savoir! :lol: :lol:
Si tu suis ici: http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11395, je prenderais quelque minutes de ma rocambolesque aventure pour expliquer ça...
Mais quelque chose de sûre c'est que j'voudrais ben l'avoir!!! :mrgreen:
Pinball
Pinball Owners.com/amx1
Jukebox
Video
Arcade

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

hyann wrote:Funny the 'split' thing... like we need to be all in the same place. We read and reported pinball news, articles, events all over the world but we should take side for Maaca or the revolution site...

Comme dit Elvis Gratton: C'est fini ça les séparatistes!
Um... why take sides??? No one will ask anyone to do that, nor do we hope that anyone puts themselves in that position.