Pizza time once again.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Pizza time once again.

Post by Pinball.Customs »

Hammerhead wrote:Wanting to verify two things:
- the SB policy works for both the Montreal and Toronto stores?
I can verify this policy works for the Toronto store.. in fact I think it should be pointed out that this isn't a MAACA-only policy. I'm told this works for other forums as well.. or heck, even people who aren't members of forums at all! :D
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Who do you deal with for parts?

Post by R.A.B. »

revolution wrote:
Hammerhead wrote:Wanting to verify two things:
- the SB policy works for both the Montreal and Toronto stores?
I can verify this policy works for the Toronto store.. in fact I think it should be pointed out that this isn't a MAACA-only policy. I'm told this works for other forums as well.. or heck, even people who aren't members of forums at all! :D

First off, WTF are you guys talking about. Policy for MAACA ? Brock you are all over the place on so many things when I read what you write, take a break dude.

The above is the policy for ordering at SB, whether it is Toronto or Montreal makes little difference. It is the store policy that Doug, James and I have found works best when dealing with some of us fuzzhead collectors who were never in the industry and don't always know what they are doing or talking about. It can be quite trying.

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

R.A.B. wrote: First off, WTF are you guys talking about. Policy for MAACA ? Brock you are all over the place on so many things when I read what you write, take a break dude.
:lol: I think you misunderstood me, Rob! I was simply stating that it's not a service offered only to MAACA members. I know a few people (non forum members) who have done the same thing. I just felt it important to point this out. That's all :)

.. and rebels don't take breaks. ;)

websherpa

Another derailment...

Post by websherpa »

This thread's gonna get trashed soon for going way off topic, but once again pulled in that direction by Brock - who complained that there was too much bullshit on MAACA.

Seems to me that the truth of it is, Brock liked having bullshit here, so much so that when his absence made it go away, he comes back again and again to try and stir up some new shit in subtle ways. Have a little sense to realize that you've ruffled a few feathers here and should just stop trying to stir the pot to further your own site's success. (And it seems like he wants to continue to make it a controversial place just to further his own site's success.) That's particularly disingenuous. I have no idea what you personally have against MAACA, since you gained so much here, but lately reading your comments here and on your own board, your obsession with the split has been bordering on madness.

Even though a lot of the local guys I respect appear to have migrated the majority of their discussions to the "Revolution" (which is fine), and I even signed up an account with intent to participate, for some reason I just can't. It does seem like a spiteful attempt to "clone" everything that MAACA is and I just don't get why the schism.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Think what you like. Az started it. :P

There, I edited the post. No drama necessary. :) Carrying on.

Dealing with parts.. Starburst is still the best local place to go. Great service, and they usually have what you need.

I was just there last night and bought a BOAT LOAD of TIP122's to repair the T3 from the container deal. Great price, very competitive. And a good opportunity to play some Avengers. :D

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

I completly agree with Wayne's post above.

The admins on MAACA have been more that fair with you Brock, but you have tried to manipulate them into thinking that you were OK to stay on as a MAACA member. They have extended that courtesy with class and openess. I personally don't think you're prescence is a positive addition to this forum which in my opinion is becoming more and more of quality site in the pinball world. I am also really starting to believe that you are one of those people who like to make things difficult and chaotic around you in order to then stand out as some kind of saviour.

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Rob I'm going to PM you because the drama isn't necessary in an otherwise useful topic.

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Menace »

R.A.B. wrote:I completly agree with Wayne's post above.

The admins on MAACA have been more that fair with you Brock, but you have tried to manipulate them into thinking that you were OK to stay on as a MAACA member. They have extended that courtesy with class and openess. I personally don't think you're prescence is a positive addition to this forum which in my opinion is becoming more and more of quality site in the pinball world. I am also really starting to believe that you are one of those people who like to make things difficult and chaotic around you in order to then stand out as some kind of saviour.

Rob
As a bystander watching all of this unfold, I have a difficult time accepting the whole "class and openess" comment in regards to how the admins have handled this whole situation (some more than others). What I've seen is the admins here talk the talk, but not walk the walk and their actions as of late have spoken much louder than their words, which is unfortunate. In regards to Brock's presence not being a positive addition to this forum, can you blame him? I'd be a bit upset at some of the backhanded things that have been done around here lately too, and I'm surprised he hasn't "stirred the pot" more than he has as a result but instead has taken a lot of it as tounge-in-cheek.

It is what it is, and people will post where they want to post and how the admins conduct themselves has an effect on this. (this is true of ANY forum, not just pinball forums) My $0.02...

D

JD3
Admins

Post by JD3 »

Geting back on track to the OP original question. before using a local parts places i Have used "Marco" and "for amusement only" found Dave at FOA very nice and easy to deal with. as i said i shop locally now friendly face to face service and save the shipping.

Hammerhead
MAACA Super Contributor
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Hammerhead »

"It's no good, I can't maneuver!"
"Stay on topic."
"We're too close!"
"Stay on topic!"
"Loosen up!"
I am François du Grimm, and I will get medieval on your derriere!

Sly
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sly »

revolution wrote:Rob I'm going to PM you because the drama isn't necessary in an otherwise useful topic.
Pourquoi tu fais pas juste décrissé d'ici?!?!?
Sacre nous donc patience...tu te comportes comme un ostie de tache...
Ca sert a rien de faire semblant avec du monde comme toi: tu n'es pas le bienvenue ici.
Va jouer sur ton site avec tes amis.

Traduit ca avec un traducteur.... Va-t-en !!!

Un moment donné: ca va faire le niaisage
Elektra Bally: Prepare for the Gamma Dimension! !!!
Last Action Hero Data East: To be, or not to be. Not to be !!!
Rollergames Williams: Go for the wall !!!
Big guns Williams: She's mine now! Ah ha ha ha !!!
TRON Stern: The grid, a digital frontier !!!
Baby Pacman Bally: Waka Waka Waka !!!
Stargate Gottlieb: Shoot the pyramide !!!

The best game is ALWAYS the one you dont have.

Sly
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sly »

websherpa wrote:This thread's gonna get trashed soon for going way off topic, but once again pulled in that direction by Brock - who complained that there was too much bullshit on MAACA.

Seems to me that the truth of it is, Brock liked having bullshit here, so much so that when his absence made it go away, he comes back again and again to try and stir up some new shit in subtle ways. Have a little sense to realize that you've ruffled a few feathers here and should just stop trying to stir the pot to further your own site's success. (And it seems like he wants to continue to make it a controversial place just to further his own site's success.) That's particularly disingenuous. I have no idea what you personally have against MAACA, since you gained so much here, but lately reading your comments here and on your own board, your obsession with the split has been bordering on madness.

Even though a lot of the local guys I respect appear to have migrated the majority of their discussions to the "Revolution" (which is fine), and I even signed up an account with intent to participate, for some reason I just can't. It does seem like a spiteful attempt to "clone" everything that MAACA is and I just don't get why the schism.
so true!!!
Elektra Bally: Prepare for the Gamma Dimension! !!!
Last Action Hero Data East: To be, or not to be. Not to be !!!
Rollergames Williams: Go for the wall !!!
Big guns Williams: She's mine now! Ah ha ha ha !!!
TRON Stern: The grid, a digital frontier !!!
Baby Pacman Bally: Waka Waka Waka !!!
Stargate Gottlieb: Shoot the pyramide !!!

The best game is ALWAYS the one you dont have.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Green Relish wrote: so true!!!
Hey Sly.. draw any dicks on any logos lately? ;)

(I thought that was funny BTW)

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Amen to that, Sheriff... amen to that.

Now I go back to important stuff, like deleting PMs from people send me stupid PMs accusing me of Machiavellian plots. LOL. Man, people have nothing to do all day. I envy them.

Lowrent
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Lowrent »

Green Relish wrote:Pourquoi tu fais pas juste décrissé d'ici?!?!?
Ca sert a rien de faire semblant avec du monde comme toi: tu n'es pas le bienvenue ici.
Hahaha, man... content de voir que je suis pas le seul à penser ça.
Depuis plusieurs semaines, la ptite voix dans ma tête dit souvent : "mais... DÉÉÉÉ-CAAAA-LIIIII-SSSSSSSEEEE!!!!!"

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Menace »

Lowrent wrote:
Green Relish wrote:Pourquoi tu fais pas juste décrissé d'ici?!?!?
Hahaha, man... content de voir que je suis pas le seul à penser ça.
Depuis plusieurs semaines, la ptite voix dans ma tête dit souvent : "mais... DÉÉÉÉ-CAAAA-LIIIII-SSSSSSSEEEE!!!!!"
Keep up the good work boys... you're doing a fantastic job of making a case as to why people will stop visiting. :FP:
(I know I've been questioning this a lot, and I'm not the only one... and I'm sure the post counts don't lie)

BRAVO!

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Lowrent.. Sly.. I'm sorry, how long have you guys been in the community? Not long enough to know the things I've done for the hobby as well apparently. I'm not one to pat myself on the back but.. a little quick to judge, no? Tell you what.. the next time you see a repro part, think of me. ;)

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Menace wrote: Keep up the good work boys... you're doing a fantastic job of making a case as to why people will stop visiting. :FP:
(I know I've been questioning this a lot, and I'm not the only one... and I'm sure the post counts don't lie)

BRAVO!
You know what they say "Don't let the door hit you on your way out then." ;)

Hell, you're not the only one questioning it, we ALL want to be where the action is, AND where our own interests in our addiction... er hobby, is best served. Some of us are just quicker to sell our soul than others... :lol:
Last edited by websherpa on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

the Titanic is a fitting image. :lol: Didn't it ultimately sink thanks to poor decisions by its creators and captain? ;)

Enough of this, I'm going back to the adult end of the pool.

Gis
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Gis »

J'en aurais pris deux mais y'en avait plus sur les tablettes. :cry:

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

revolution wrote:the Titanic is a fitting image. :lol: Didn't it ultimately sink thanks to poor decisions by its creators and captain? ;)

Enough of this, I'm going back to the adult end of the pool.
Great... then stop sending me mixed messages. I am confused as hell. You tend the olive branch and then whack me over the head with it.

All I see is that I get messages like this:

Hey man give me a call sometime and let's get this shit put to bed ok? I don't want to be enemies.. that's just silly.

Peace.

- B

... and you post this:
revolution wrote:It's a large enough dance floor... 'nuff said.
revolution wrote:The "other site" is merely an alternative. Nothing more. The way I see it.. the more exposure of the hobby we can give to Canada, the better.

Every evening, I tell myself that I will call you up to chat as you want me to, but then you post signatures like this:

"Conan! What is best in life?"
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

may the best site win..

... all the while posting that you leave maaca and go create your own site, yet constantly spam maaca and try to raise up some drama by constantly being confrontational. Then there is today's episodes.

Brock, I can't speak for others but I won't even register on your forum out of respect for the people that want an alternative to MAACA. I fully understand that people don't agree with the (only) 4 rules we have on maaca (stay polite, don't post anything illegal, advertize what you own and reply to FS ads in the forums) and that some feel oppressed by them and don't want to deal with us. I respect that. No one gets along with everyone.

But, the question now is... can you? Drama has dropped significantly since you opened the other forum due to people finding they belong better to one, the other, or like most enjoy both, just as they enjoy Pinside, RGP and many other forums. There is now little to no drama on both sides. Everyone wins.

So if you always say that there is too much drama here... why come back? I am sure that if I registered on PBrev there would be a shitstorm. So I don't. I am adult enough to know not to, and I am ok with that. But I don't go on Pinside writing that their forum sucks and that they should join maaca.

Are all our decisions or decisions made by single admins right? No. We are all human. Just like you are, when you were moderator here. But here lies the difference between you and I my friend. I am not out on a personal vendetta to bury your website. In fact, if PBRev ends up a bigger site than MAACA, I am also happy with that. The hobby benefits! There is no competition. There never was... just as there isn't between maaca and CGCC, or RGP, or Pinside or any other forum. Also, I can assure you of one thing...

MAACA ain't going nowhere. We started in 2004 with 4 admins and a handful of members. If it goes back to that, so be it. But the English AND French Canadian pinball community will always have this website available to them. Just as I am sure they will have with yours.

Like your PM to me stated... let's put this shit to bed, because it is silly. I don't have time to deal with such trivial nonsense, as I am sure you don't either.

I just wanna play pinballs and vids, and shoot the shit with people with similar interests. That's all.

Let's just move on.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Well said, Ian. In fact, I'd have never re-registered here to begin with if it weren't for the fact that I was banned.. (albeit we've cleared that up as a misunderstanding). Ian, I was never a mod here BTW.. just sayin :D

However.

If people who don't know me start to diminish my reputation, I take offense. Just as I do the personal jabs by the other admins here. What can I say, I'm a sensitive guy. ;) Hell I've met Rob and shared laughs.. I don't understand why all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. That said though, keep in mind I'm a customer, reseller and supplier for Starburst. So you'll have to understand when I get my back up over certain posts, especially when posted using the Starburst account. It's not fair to the others that use that account, and it's not fair to me. Sometimes I feel threatened and retaliate.. but you'll notice I'll quickly retract these comments. It happens both ways, I've seen it (and have been sent screen caps). People cool off, pins are played.. live moves on.

I'm proud to say that in the very near future, PinballCustoms.com will be the business that feeds my family and keeps a roof over my head. I guess "getting my back up" is a way defending what I've worked so hard at creating, I suppose.

I invite the admins to browse PBRev. The site is growing. And I can guarantee you, there will be no backlash if you join. In fact, Ian.. I can count on one hand how many PM's I've had. It's a feeling you probably miss I'm sure. ;)
Last edited by Pinball.Customs on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

I'd also like to apologize to Hammerhead for ruining a perfectly insightful thread.

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

revolution wrote:I invite the admins to browse PBRev. The site is growing. And I can guarantee you, there will be no backlash if you join. In fact, Ian.. I can count on one hand how many PM's I've had. It's a feeling you probably miss I'm sure. ;)
A piece of advice... if you are sensitive and run a forum, just stay away when it gets to be too heavy. Take a break. And as for joining your forum, for reasons stated in a previous response, you know I can't. And I have no desire to. I don't even browse there much at all, with very clear reasons why. Regardless what you say, I know I am not welcome there. You have to understand that when you created the other forum in the context and the way that you did, you drew a line on the ground and you subconsciously asked people to choose a side. Your posts, avatars and signatures also reflect this. My presence there, even if I remain positive, would raise a stink with some, as your presence has done here following certain events. Also, you have to understand that when you create a forun with a logo with a raised fist and revolution in it's name, as well as avatars with molotov cocktails, you can't expect people to be all friendly... especially with the events that happened this summer in Quebec. Let's just say that the term revolution raises a lot of barriers...

That's why, I quietly stay on my side. That's all.

And to be honest, I am too busy to lurk there. I don't even check Pinside. A wife that is 8.5 months pregnant, 2 kids, 3 dogs, an engineering job, restoring machines and running a forum fills my days plenty enough.