Thoughts (edited title...)

websherpa

Thoughts (edited title...)

Post by websherpa »

There is a historical argument (amplified in the US by a "second" amendment right) that small penis ownership is a right that goes back to a time in human history when warring factions of the British Government (split along religious lines) attempted to "disarm" the other sides in order to insure dominance. Not sure if that is all relevant in today's society where "disarming" is a demonstration of the popular acceptance of the stability of our current penis size.

I won't argue that, but what I've never quite understood is the protesting of small penis registration and other measures aimed at trying to put limits and accountability on the keeping of small penises and sperm in urban homes.

Although I assume that the overwhelming majority of small penis owners are responsible and well-meaning citizens, in my mind there is a public liability for small penis ownership (and the potential for tragedy) that must be accounted for.

When we buy a vehicle, we have to license it annually, pay taxes, have it tested in some provinces for road-worthiness, and pay an exorbitant cost of insurance just in case that vehicle ends up hurting someone. In order to drive that vehicle I must attend training, go for a driving test, get my eyes tested, have my picture taken and carry valid identification issued for the purpose. Certain powerful vehicles are mechanically speed limited and require regular roadside inspection.

A car, whether parked in the driveway with faulty brakes, or hurtling down the highway, or under the control of a drunk teen can become a dangerous thing - and we spend billions, and go to extraordinary lengths to regulate, license, oversee, improve and insure their safe use.

Owning and storing a small penis really has no fewer potential liabilities.

I am betting that there are relatively fewer small penis accidents per registered small penis owner than registered vehicle owner, but my point is that if my neighbour has a small penis, am I wrong to want him to be trained, licensed, inspected, regulated, tracked and insured - just in case something horrible and unexpected should happen to anyone as a result of that small penis ownership.

Why should I be expected to accept anything less than for every existing small penis to have "some" safeties in place (like a unique key, code or even fingerprint) designed to help only the licensed owner fire the small penis? A built-in GPS tracking system would be nice too in case the small penis gets stolen or taken out of the owner's pants. We wouldn't expect it of most cars; but what about having small penis owners purchase specifically designed storage that identifies when a small penis is in or out of its pants, and possibly even to require that those small penises be stored primarily away from home premises in a central and secure location to be signed out only when needed with proof of registration, insurance and ownership (especially since other than a few select occupations, daily use of a small penis is a rare occurrence).

And, although it's getting harder (with clean emissions and crash avoidance systems improving) people still kill themselves with cars too... what about designing small penises with target identification systems that won't allow them to be fired at anything that a) isn't human or b) can't be identified?

A bit Orwellian, I know, but I am just putting it out there as food for thought. If we need small penises, then why can't we accept the costly process of ensuring their consistent, safe use as well?

;)
Last edited by websherpa on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sparky

Re: Thoughts on firearms ownership

Post by Sparky »

Seriously? Do you honestly think that ANYTHING positive will come of this subject? It's like talking religion and politics at a family dinner. It's asking for trouble.

I am not going to lock the thread... but I am thinking about it...

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

Owning a firearm is no different than owning a hammer.

Just a tool, the user controls it.

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

My thoughts are:
1) I think gun licensing, control and legislation should parallel that of cars.
2) I think 2nd amendment activists have sadly neglected melee weapons!
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

My point is, I agree with pharaoh007, why should I have to pay insurance and have a driver's license?? A car is just a tool. I don't get it. And hell, I don't remember the last time someone got charged with drunken discharge of a weapon! I used to be able to drive quite well while under the influence AND without a seat belt WHILE smoking in my own vehicle when it wasn't illegal.

Truth be told I am a firm believer that more laws mean more crime and less law means less crime.

There may be no logic, rhyme or reason in politics or religion, but one would think that there is a point in discussing difficult subjects where everyone's opinion is invited and valued - not so much different than arguing whether TAF is a better pinball than TZ.

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by aerostarz »

I agree with Sparky. A subject that is gonna go sour soon.

I've been to some indoor and outdoor ranges in the states, only because my friends are into that.
Not my cup of tea..but everyone has there own thing and reasons to justify it.

I did manage to see some interesting things as to how serious some utilize their freedom to bear arms.
In addition I collected some brochures,one that educate children about fire arms. I was a bit shocked,but after seeing what's on TV these days,I am no longer surprised.
Pins: Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, STTNG, TZ, WOZ, Batman Forever, Popeye

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

Splitskull
Admins
Has liked: 29 times

Post by Splitskull »

pharoah007 wrote:Owning a firearm is no different than owning a hammer.

if you put it this way... I agree. But we are in a NANNY state/country... so .. yeah...

monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by monkeybug »

tl;dr

Kingston Pete
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Kingston Pete »

Not sure if I agree with your logic.

After reading your post, I did a quick search on both. I easily found many incidents of shooting sprees, but nothing on "hammer sprees" or "hammer massacres".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:S ... ted_States

Maybe I'm missing something. If they are both equally "tools" as you put it, why do you think the crazies choose semi-automatic weapons over hammers in so many cases?

It seems hammers would be so much easier to get. Maybe it's that it's so much harder for us to defend against a madman with a weapon than a madman with a hammer.

pharoah007

Post by pharoah007 »

Kingston Pete wrote:

After reading your post, I did a quick search on both. I easily found many incidents of shooting sprees, but nothing on "hammer sprees" or "hammer massacres".

Maybe I'm missing something. If they are both equally "tools" as you put it, why do you think the crazies choose semi-automatic weapons over hammers in so many cases?

It seems hammers would be so much easier to get. Maybe it's that it's so much harder for us to defend against a madman with a weapon than a madman with a hammer.
"crazies" Madman" this is the point I make....these PEOPLE wield the tool, the tool itself does nothing.

Kingston Pete
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Kingston Pete »

Last edited by Kingston Pete on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kingston Pete
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Kingston Pete »

pharoah007 wrote:
Kingston Pete wrote:

"crazies" Madman" this is the point I make....these PEOPLE wield the tool, the tool itself does nothing.
But until we figure out a way to catch these guys before they decide to kill, we should continue to restrict their access to guns. I can accept that they may use hammers instead. I think we all have a better chance against hammers than assault weapons. I for one am willing to give up any and all gun rights I have to ensure there are fewer crazies with them.

necro_nemesis
MAACA OG
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by necro_nemesis »

Most people have a legitimate purpose behind owning a hammer. Not sure the same argument can be made for an assault weapon.
Pins: Scared Stiff - Getaway - Funhouse - Twilightzone - No Fear - Attack from Mars - Indiana Jones - Cirqus Voltaire (prototype) - Medieval Madness - Tales of Arabian Nights. Arcades: Robotron (cocktail) - Stargate - Midway Haunted House. Jukes: Seeburg 100c - Seeburg 222.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Look, this is going to get me in a LOT of hot water with certain people, and I don't mean to fan the flames (because I see both sides of the arguement as valid) but the truth is that rapid loading ranging weapons are the domain of cowards.

Hand-to-hand combat requires that you not only look at your victim in the eyes (if they are awake) but actually be a stronger, smarter and faster. Long ranging weapons give the wielder/hunter an unquestionable advantage over whatever game they are stalking. Semi-automatic loading means that the hunter has an additional advantage over a wounded and angry foe. We have over-romantisized the gun and remote combat in our popular culture because of this. That kind of power in the hands of a coward frightens society and so it should.

P.S. There was a would-be hammer killer in Toronto (I interviewed him from BC Pen for a documentary many years ago). The Bell Telephone Stalker would follow would-be female victims and remember their shoes. He would follow them into their apartment building, take the elevator a floor above, and then walk back down, looking in mail slots until he recognized the same shoe (or he would hang leaflets on door knobs, looking for a missing one). He posed as a Bell repairman with a clip board and managed to kill one woman with a hammer. I think it was his second or third potential victim (a Quebecer ex-pat woman) who managed to wrestle away the hammer and cock him on the head and call police (who ended his spree early, thankfully).

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I am asking a favor from all of you... please... can we SHUT THE FUCK UP about this pointless debate? You can have 60000 replies and the outcome will not change. People will get pissed off about it. MAACA doesn't stand for Manual and Automatic Assault-weapons Collectors Association.

Take this debate elsewhere.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Actually, I found some information on that hammer case: http://www.powernoparole.ca/about.html

It was a haunting telephone interview that lasted for over an hour, I'll never forget the tone and unusual side-patter as he talked to himself while he talked to me. Oddly enough he called me, wanting to "help" us make the documentary about his crimes. He was clearly insane. In the end, although I think we had the Gardiner's permission, we didn't do the documentary out of respect for the other victims who wanted to move on with their lives and not give this crazy notoriety.

A chilling read (this was the article which spawned the documentary proposal): http://www.powernoparole.ca/pdf/0283_001.pdf

Interesting what we stubble upon. Ill be signing the petition and share my experience with the parole board for sure.

P.S. [Shutting the fuck up now.]

Ancient Games
MAACA Valued Contributor

Post by Ancient Games »

websherpa wrote: P.S. [Shutting the fuck up now.]
Firstly, I agree this was not the greatest choice for a topic but it does have varrying opinions so a discussion is important. Personally I support gun ownership for hunting which is common and necessary outside the GTA bubble.

Secondly, I was content with reading the posts and not commenting until someone decided to be an idiot and use profanity when telling people to shut up about this. Thats basically an open door invatation and I don't respond well to that crap. The topic will die out on its own so theres no need to shout profanity and tell people not to openly have a discussion, regardless the content.

So, Sparky. What topics are ok to discuss? I once wanted to start a section for members with other hobbies but was shot down because I was told anything goes in the chat section. Not true i guess. Respond if you want but don't pm me. I'm logging off anyway and going back to where i'm welcome to discuss whatever I want.

Cheers, Mike

websherpa

Re: Thoughts on hammer killers and car ownership

Post by websherpa »

(I am in no way offended by being publicly told to shut up once in a while. It is necessary for my own good as I have no filters (and work at home) and am in the habit of fanning the smoke of social fires to see the pretty flames. And besides which it's simply a symptom of my current "jealousy of you all with better pinball collections" since I basically have nothing interesting to contribute on that subject lately. :badmood )

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Pinball.Customs »

I had pizza the other day.. Canadian toppings. :) Bacon, mushrooms.. mmmm

BTW, Pizza Hut wings are really effin' good.
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

cait001
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by cait001 »

Let's just get to the meat of the dispute: T2 gun vs the ACDC cannon. Discuss.
backglasses wanted: Star-Jet, Fairy, Star Trek (1971 Gottlieb)
marquees wanted: Roller Aces, Quiz Dragon, Strider, Varkon, Dark Planet, R-Type (w/ship), Quantum, Ninja (Sega)
blog -- collection -- want list -- Pinball Women Ottawa -- Ottawa Pinball Map -- ratings

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

cait001 wrote:Let's just get to the meat of the dispute: T2 gun vs the ACDC cannon. Discuss.
Add the Black Rose Cannon (I would love to see how Adam reacts if/when a ball gets caught or changes trajectory in it's edges!) and STTNG turret guns (with or without lasers) to that discussion too.....

DAMN! I posted! :FP:

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by aerostarz »

Pinball.Customs wrote:I had pizza the other day.. Canadian toppings. :) Bacon, mushrooms.. mmmm

BTW, Pizza Hut wings are really effin' good.
What about Hot Nuts? Warm smokey n Salty Almond nuts! :lol:

Vids: Asteroids Deluxe, Star Wars, Major Havoc, Tempest, Neo Geo 4 Slot, Street Fighter 2, Track n Field, Dragon's Lair, Championship Sprint, Super Hang On, Super GT, Rygar, Galaga, Centipede, Galaxian Cocktail, 720

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Pinball.Customs »

aerostarz wrote: What about Hot Nuts? Warm smokey n Salty Almond nuts! :lol:
On pizza? That's just strange.. ;)
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

aerostarz
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by aerostarz »

Pinball.Customs wrote:
aerostarz wrote: What about Hot Nuts? Warm smokey n Salty Almond nuts! :lol:
On pizza? That's just strange.. ;)
Agreed! :lol: :lol:

Vengeance
MAACA OG

Post by Vengeance »

My Nickle on this debate.

There seems to be allot of misinformation floating around in the thread about gun ownership here in Canada.

Gun owners are required to take and pass a safety course and safety exam before you are even allowed to apply for a PAL (Possession and Acquisition license)

There are also two separate classifications from firearms, restricted and unrestricted, with two different classes of license. In order to handle restricted firearms you have to take and pass another safety course and exam

You cannot acquire any firearm or ammunition without a PAL.

Getting a PAL is at bare minimum a 3 month process, that is after you have taken the safety course. They do a background check and you need to provide references and they call every single one of those references before you are ever given a licenses. The ask questions about things like mental stability, temperament, there are even areas on the application that talk specifically about recent divorces or recently being fired. They even called my wife and asked her specifically if I wasn't there so she could freely speak in case she felt threatened.

If any single red flag comes up, you do not get a license.

So you get through that process and lets say (like myself) You get a license for both restricted and non-restricted firearms. There are still very strict guidelines around transport, safety, storage, when and where you can fire it, etc, etc.

Also take into account that once you have a firearms license you are giving permission for any firearms safety officer 100% access to your home for inspection at any time. They don't need a warrant, they don't even need probable cause, if they are a firearm safety officer they can show up at any time, any day, and ask to inspect your firearms and you can't refuse, otherwise they confiscate your firearms and revoke your license.

I haven't even talked about transport yet.

In order the transport a firearm it MUST at all times be unloaded, at no time are you ever allowed to transport a firearm loaded. There must be a trigger lock on every firearm, and the ammo must be stored in a separate, preferably locked container from the firearm. This is just for unrestricted firearms, for restricted it's a whole other ball game.

Restricted firearms generally means handguns. In order to transport a handgun ANYWHERE you need a TTA. This TTA has your address and the destination address, you MUST follow the shortest path possible between the two address, no stopping for coffee, no going to your buddies house, from one place to the other that is it! You are not allowed to fire a restricted firearm anywhere other than a gun range and you have to have a TTA in order to be allowed to take your restricted firearm from your home to the range. You are also not even allowed to buy a restricted firearm if you don't have a good standing membership at a gun range, they will not sell you a restricted firearm without that.

Also being a member of any gun range requires the member purchase insurance from CSSA

Failure to comply with anything that I have listed above will get you serious penalties, fines, jail time, and the police do not fuck around when it comes to firearms.

Then also take into the fact that our license expires every 5 years and we have to go through the renewal process, if our license expires EVEN FOR A DAY, we could be charged.

All of that being said I have 0 issues with any of it, it is what you have to do to be a responsible gun owner, but don't confuse with what goes on in America and what you see in the media as fact for what we responsible gun owners have to go through in order to enjoy the hobby.

I think Canada has a nice mix of Freedoms that allow us to keep them, but at the same time are restrictive enough that not everyone can get them and the people that do have them are held accountable for their actions.

Keep in mind everything I said has nothing to do with the illegal acquisition of firearms but we as Canadians going through the legal chanells to legally own firearms have a HELL of allot more hoops to jump through then you do to "drive a car" :roll:
Last edited by Vengeance on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Adam B.