monkeybug
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: FT: NIB Metallica MOP L.E.

Post by monkeybug »

R.A.B.
MAACA Mega Contributor
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.
Been liked: 240 times

Post by R.A.B. »

Pinball.Customs wrote:
Atomicboy wrote: You made much effort to not have to be here - so why the fuck are you still constantly here ALL THE TIME?!?
As far as I understand it's still a free country, no? I'm not about to leave because you and a few others have formed a negative opinion on me. Just as I welcome you all to "the other side" of this drama coin.

I come here because customers contact me here via PM. If I see my name and hard work is thrown in the mud, I will stand and defend it.

And I can't block people from using proxies.. they're all over the place. SEE HERE

The whole thing is a shame really, I've got some pretty exciting news I'm looking forward to sharing with everyone. I just hope we can get over the drama and "growing pains" and bring it back to what we all came here for in the first place.

Brock I don't think you get it. This is not just business, that would be too easy, there are passions and egos involved here which makes things complicated, so you are going to have to deal with this instead of brushing it under the carpet and move on as you say, that is if you really want to be here, I mean maaca ofcourse.

Free country, my ass, have you watched the news lately ? - and besides that, this is a pinball forum comprised of many close knit friends and a bunch of other people who are not stupid, well at least not all the time, so please don't treat them as such on a consistent basis.

Hugs,

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
https://amusement.evolvo.com/

Bally 1936 "Bumper" - North Star 1949 "Sea Breeze" - North Star 1950 "Richelieu" - Universal 1950 "Feature Bell" - Gottlieb 1952 "Queen of Hearts" - Williams 1960 "Ten Spot" - Gottlieb 1971 "Challenger" - Williams 1973 "OXO" - Bally 1976 "Bonanza"

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more. Un max de 10 machines, pas plus.
Une règle suivi guéri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule until the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman friend from sighing, there will only be memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build that RRSP of memories in order to joyfully cushion the later stages of life.

Personally prefer the exceptional qualities lurking beneath any normal state of affairs. Alas, our day to day is being promoted as extraordinary via a world wide web largely fueled by the new dumb & followed closely by the latest breed of unscrupulous scoundrels & judas goats. So, god bless the fool hearted, the crazed, and the railroaded all in good measure for they will likely inherit what is left of the earth after the screwheads are done with it. God damn darwinian primates, why do they refuse to evolve, even after all we should have learned from being dumb savages for so long.

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them. " - Zimmy

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Post by Pinball.Customs »

R.A.B. wrote: Brock I don't think you get it. This is not just business, that would be too easy, there are passions and egos involved here which makes things complicated, so you are going to have to deal with this instead of brushing it under the carpet and move on as you say, that is if you really want to be here, I mean maaca ofcourse.
Rob, I hear ya man.. I hate burning bridges. I'm sure you'd like to get past all this as much as I and many others would. As I said.. exciting things coming and I'm looking forward to sharing it all with both forums. Turn things back to the positive.
besides that, this is a pinball forum comprised of many close knit friends and a bunch of other people who are not stupid, well at least not all the time, so please don't treat them as such on a consistent basis
I agree! I hate to see everyone so divided. There's no need for it, especially in Canada. ;)

Aaron if you wish to continue this discussion please feel free to use the PM button, or better yet pick up the phone. There's more to all this than you're picking up and it doesn't need to be public knowledge.

Tks

- B
http://www.pinballcustoms.com

CHECK OUT MY BLOG! PB Customs' Whacky Mod Hacktorium!

Maker of hand-made pinball mods since 2008!

OTTOgd
MAACA OG
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by OTTOgd »

Atomicboy wrote:You may not be the one shoveling the shit under the troll nics, but there is definitely shit on your shoes.
Brock was definitely trolling as 'karmatose'.

If the IP links weren't enough evidence (http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12966) and there was still any doubt that Brock wasn't 'karmatose', you can see a writing style pattern where both posters consistently use extra periods at the end of a sentence, especially two (..). Unconsciously, he just did it again in his two posts above. Who else does that?

Compare below:
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:Steroids tend to do that to a person..
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:That shouldn't surprise anyone, he's clearly not the brightest individual..
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:another FS post devolved into tripe... well done, MAACA. Well done.
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:and QC's general sense of self-entitlement, like the rest of the country owes them something...
=
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I sold my LE.. The pro is better, imo
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I can't speak for Mike but I know he, Brewmanager, Karmatose and Menace all had dim sum together a couple of weeks ago... I was unable to attend. :( gotta pick the battles with the wife..
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:don't forget, they have quite a few "shared revenue" places as well. Bars, pizza joints, truck stops, "On Route"'s..
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:It's a shame you're not closer, David.. I have a spare you could have!
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I'm looking forward to Saturday, it will be my first dim sum experience. :) No squid though... my food must have between 2 and 4 legs.
There are MANY more examples; his writing style is consistent. Compare and see for yourself:

Karmatose: http://www.maaca.org/search.php?author_id=115&sr=posts
Pinball.customs: http://www.maaca.org/search.php?author_id=4261&sr=posts

Clearly, Brock wasn't responsible for ALL the 'karmatose' trolling ... BUT he still supported 'moving.pictures' perspective by continually posting on their shared troll account. Embarrassing.

And he's now attempting to dodge blame and struggling with damage control here, weak as it is. The only reason Brock is on MAACA is to sell ... and cause trouble.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Pinball.Customs wrote: Also once again, I'd like to state that I'd appreciate it if my name and PBRev in general were left out of the negative comments.
LOL! Thanks man, that funny made my weekend! :lol:

G-Man
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by G-Man »

OTTOgd wrote:Brock was definitely trolling as 'karmatose'.

If the IP links weren't enough evidence (http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12966) and there was still any doubt that Brock wasn't 'karmatose', you can see a writing style pattern where both posters consistently use extra periods at the end of a sentence, especially two (..). Unconsciously, he just did it again in his two posts above. Who else does that?

Compare below:
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:Steroids tend to do that to a person..
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:That shouldn't surprise anyone, he's clearly not the brightest individual..
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:another FS post devolved into tripe... well done, MAACA. Well done.
[color=#008000]karmatose[/color] wrote:and QC's general sense of self-entitlement, like the rest of the country owes them something...
=
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I sold my LE.. The pro is better, imo
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I can't speak for Mike but I know he, Brewmanager, Karmatose and Menace all had dim sum together a couple of weeks ago... I was unable to attend. :( gotta pick the battles with the wife..
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:don't forget, they have quite a few "shared revenue" places as well. Bars, pizza joints, truck stops, "On Route"'s..
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:It's a shame you're not closer, David.. I have a spare you could have!
[color=#FF8000]Pinball.Customs[/color] wrote:I'm looking forward to Saturday, it will be my first dim sum experience. :) No squid though... my food must have between 2 and 4 legs.
There are MANY more examples; his writing style is consistent. Compare and see for yourself:

Karmatose: http://www.maaca.org/search.php?author_id=115&sr=posts
Pinball.customs: http://www.maaca.org/search.php?author_id=4261&sr=posts

Clearly, Brock wasn't responsible for ALL the 'karmatose' trolling ... BUT he still supported 'moving.pictures' perspective by continually posting on their shared troll account. Embarrassing.

And he's now attempting to dodge blame and struggling with damage control here, weak as it is. The only reason Brock is on MAACA is to sell ... and cause trouble.

Wow. I hear CSIS is hiring.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

G-Man wrote: Wow. I hear CSIS is hiring.
Clearly Kevin has too much time on his hands again. :D ......

ain't it obvious that I'm too busy being a hack of a fine artist to be trolling MAACA, Kevin?

Menace
MAACA Mega Contributor
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Menace »

G-Man wrote:Wow. I hear CSIS is hiring.
Best post of the day by far...

D

(and for the record I also use multiple periods when I post... guess I should be burnt at the stake too?)

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Menace wrote: (and for the record I also use multiple periods when I post... guess I should be burnt at the stake too?)
No, Doug, just tired of Brock trolling me on three different forums for the last year without an explanation or apology. Annoying.

He was clearly posting as karmatose. That's it, that's all.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

R.A.B. wrote: this is a pinball forum comprised of many close knit friends and a bunch of other people who are not stupid, well at least not all the time, so please don't treat them as such on a consistent basis.
Wow, Rob, seriously, it's like you live in my head. :lol:

-------

The truth is, either Pinball.Customs is Karmatose, or Brock divulges his customer's private business dealings to cronies over Dim Sum; because Karmatose was stupid enough to try to rattle my cage with very specific information about a business proposition I had with Borck that fell through.

Not even sure why he thought it would make a difference divulging such trivial info since I've done a successful "Pay as you go" pinball deal with just about everybody on the forum EXCEPT Borck. (And that one leg mix-up that will haunt me forever...) :shock:

But it goes to business character, I guess. Don't attempt to do business with Brock unless you want the private particulars of your business with him to become public, or to be used in a negative way by one of his cronies somewhere down the line.

Let's face it, the evidence is clear, Pinball.Customs is like that family member that you keep around because he's family but then you wonder just what embarrassing thing he's going to go and do next...

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

websherpa wrote: Let's face it, the evidence is clear, Pinball.Customs is like that family member that you keep around because he's family but then you wonder just what embarrassing thing he's going to go and do next...
Wayne the only train wreck I look forward to is whatever thread you decide to stick your nose in next.

When I offered to sell you Starship Troopers for $1600 and accepted your offer of paying in installments, you turned me down. Then, when everything here went sour your accused me of trying to profiteer off you with said Starship Troopers. The same game I paid $1500 USD for in unshopped, non-working condition. Sooo.. yes, I'll admit. I was a little frustrated and had to vent somewhere, that somewhere being my friends (or "chronies" as I'm sure they appreciate being called).

I'm human, and I apologize for divulging that.

OTTOgd
MAACA OG

Post by OTTOgd »

Pinball.Customs wrote:The same game I paid $1500 USD for in unshopped, non-working condition.
$1500 US? That's bologna.

Mike in Michigan only wanted $1250 US for that SST. I should know; he held it for me for close to a year until you grabbed it before the last Zoo. Admittedly, I waited far too long to make the trip so I knew it might disappear. I wonder how you found out SST was available in Michigan ...
Last edited by OTTOgd on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

:roll: I don't actually remember accusing you directly of profiteering, I suspect that's your conscience speaking. Admittedly my memory is short, however I do believe that IS a fitting description of what you were originally trying to do (I see you conveniently left out the part about your original offers to me).

But thank you for finally admitting, as a business person, you are not interested in your customers' well being, and readily divulge your customer's private information and dealings when it suits your emotions and that clearly helps me confirm that you are central to all the trolling that has been going on here lately.... hmmm... although for what purpose I'm hoping we'll never really know (he says wishfully).

...getting back to the business of planning my next train wreck now. :lol:

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

OTTOgd wrote:
Pinball.Customs wrote:The same game I paid $1500 USD for in unshopped, non-working condition.
$1500 US? That's bologna.

Mike in Michigan only wanted $1250 US for that SST. I should know; he held it for me for close to a year until you grabbed it before the last Zoo. Admittedly, I waited far too long to make the trip so I knew it might disappear. I wonder how you found out SST was available in Michigan ...
Who's trolling who, Kevin?

Not that I should be defending myself here, but what the heck.. it's Friday.

$1200 USD + conversion, around $1300 CAD. + 13% tax at the border = $1469**. + about $100 in parts to clean it up and get it working properly.

Now, in Wayne's defense I *did* originally list the game for I believe $2100. But times were tough and I didn't want to sell it but I had to.. so, may as well try to make a profit, right? I'm not the first to do it, but heck.. at least I shopped it :)

Lots of back and forth negotiations ensued, which led to Wayne ultimately backing out. Fair enough, these things happen. The new owner is happy with their game and I broke even.

Then all hell breaks lose.. enter PBRev. I remember Wayne did an excellent write-up on how to wrap and skid a pin properly, and thought it'd be wonderful to share on the new site. Well, didn't that open up a can of worms... but it was the comment below that stuck out most to me.
Wayne wrote: I don't know you from Adam, and although I think you tried very hard to get a healthy profit from me over a Starship Troopers - I suspect you're not evil.
I felt I was doing the nice thing by offering a break-even price AND accepting installment payments. Instead I get labeled the bad guy. So I was upset, and vented.

The end.

** I know the practice of trying to recoup tax money is frowned upon by some, but let's be honest.. not none of us likes to lose money.

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

This is getting a little off topic here (which was already off topic). It would be nice if all the BS (and we all know what the means) would stop, IE the troll nick posts. If someone, anywhere, anyhow can make that happen, than this site and the other one can exist with those this wish to post at one or the other or both, and there will be no need for all the other crap.

It would be so nice if things could just be sane again. I recall when I started here, this was the case with all of you - we all got along. Posts with Brock, Kev, Glen, Ian, everyone, just getting along. All of a sudden for reasons unknown to me, there is split with obvious camps on either side, and there has been nonstop BS ever since, and please Brock, don’t blame that on people here.

If you were intent on everything being peaceful, I’m sure you could assist in this in some way. I don’t believe anyone here would believe that you can’t, no one is fooled. Drop the façade on that.

So let’s just admit there are two sandboxes to play in, and that no one needs to piss in one for sake of the other, ok?

The mods here have done a lot and have been dragged through the mud for no reason. I would like for them especially to not have to deal with this insulting mess any longer.
WTB: nadda

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

OK, I stand corrected "healthy profit" must mean the same thing as "profiteering" if you are feeling a bit guilty about the offers you made, so I apologize, you do have a conscience.

At the time I was making a joke, which I did "privately" - little did I realize at the time how prophetic my words might become, or that I might stoop to comparing you to Adam! ;) (Adam, note the winky.)

Thank you for once again sharing with us how you can't leave well enough alone and feel the need to share private PMs now in order to defend a fragile position. Keep going, please, I don't think we've heard enough yet!

P.S. For the record, I consider it the height of insult to MAACA that you went on to create a new site under the circumstances of stating this site was full of bullish&t, when 1) you created a good deal of the BS here yourself, and 2) you were attempting to draw away active members AND apparently didn't have enough resources to create an independent site without having to ask to borrow some of the good stuff generated right here on MAACA.... (see I use FOUR ellipses)

Weren't you the guy who JUST asked other people to PM him so as not to continually air YOUR dirty laundry in public? But you appear to have no problem drawing out this thread in a defensive position. You can't possibly get any more of your foot into your mouth now, can you!?

Alright, enough sand play for the day, my apologies to the admins and the other members of MAACA for trolling Brock out. I have some kid's bicycle tires to fix and an EM to deliver.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Atomicboy wrote: It would be so nice if things could just be sane again. I recall when I started here, this was the case with all of you - we all got along. Posts with Brock, Kev, Glen, Ian, everyone, just getting along. All of a sudden for reasons unknown to me, there is split with obvious camps on either side, and there has been nonstop BS ever since, and please Brock, don’t blame that on people here.

If you were intent on everything being peaceful, I’m sure you could assist in this in some way. I don’t believe anyone here would believe that you can’t, no one is fooled. Drop the façade on that.

I couldn't agree more! And no facades, I'm as guilty with throwing stones as the next guy, but I've been trying for a while now to just move on. It seems everyone needs the last word, myself included. We were good for a while, and then more stones get thrown my way in this thread. By Rob, no less. Whom I feel I must constantly remind that I'm a very good customer of his employer.

And so here we are.

There's so much more that goes on behind the scenes, it's pretty amazing really.... there are far better things we could be focusing our energy on, people.

Atomicboy
MAACA Mega Contributor

Post by Atomicboy »

Pinball.Customs wrote: I couldn't agree more! And no facades, I'm as guilty with throwing stones as the next guy, but I've been trying for a while now to just move on. It seems everyone needs the last word, myself included. We were good for a while, and then more stones get thrown my way in this thread.

And so here we are.

There's so much more that goes on behind the scenes, it's pretty amazing really.... there are far better things we could be focusing our energy on, people.
Then maybe just help with the troll will you? I really believe you can. Just ask for that to stop to one of the three obvious choices of who that is - it doesn't matter now who it is, I really believe you can influence that decision.

I really don't think today's outburst in lieu of maaca (.org that is) would have happened if the "troll" had not been so active in the last month.

Like you said, maybe there is more behind the scenes, I don't care. I just want to come in here and not have to read this shit, as I'm sure you would at your site say in the future if someone did this to you.
WTB: nadda

cdnpinballer
MAACA Mega Contributor
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cdnpinballer »

This has really been an enteraining read and helped to solve so many unanswered questions I'm sure a lot of us have had around here lately. Thank you for making my Friday that much more special!

In fact, it's been so entertaining that I couldn't even give a flying fuck about the absurd trade offer originally proposed with this thread or the OP.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets outside to enjoy the great outdoors.

I'm going fishing. Seeya! ;)

brewmanager
MAACA Super Contributor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by brewmanager »

OTTOgd wrote: Brock was definitely trolling as 'karmatose'.

Up to my neck in dust today, as I'm moving some things that haven't been touched in about six years - so I might be having a reaction, but I gotta admit...this was funny. I suppose if you average out the periods in anyone's post, connections can be made to writing style.

I've read more terrible writing in my life than anyone should have to - I'm not sure I've ever made an identification based on period usage. Spelling, yes. Language usage, yes. Style, yes. Not that it could apply here, but handwriting, yes.

However, since I only used one or three periods, can anyone prove this was really me?

I know in my heart I shouldn't chime in on this, but I really can't help it on this one.

Thanks Kev.
HS, MET, TWD, Stars, IMDN, Rush, STh (all pros), GOT LE, JtO, Godzilla Prem

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

Atomicboy wrote: Then maybe just help with the troll will you? I really believe you can. Just ask for that to stop to one of the three obvious choices of who that is - it doesn't matter now who it is, I really believe you can influence that decision.
Done, excellent. I will do what I can.

Pinball.Customs
MAACA Super Contributor

cdnpinballer wrote: I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets outside to enjoy the great outdoors.

I'm going fishing. Seeya! ;)
AMEN! :lol:

websherpa

Post by websherpa »

Pinball.Customs wrote: I couldn't agree more! And no facades, I'm as guilty with throwing stones as the next guy.....
You had us going there for a bit...
Pinball.Customs wrote: Whom I feel I must constantly remind that I'm a very good customer of his employer.
Then WHAMMO, the true character shines through again! :lol:

Now, I am getting on with my afternoon (have to get the last word in). No one hold their breath....

Azatotht
Admins
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Azatotht »

Allright enough is enough, this is getting closed, everyone said what they wanted ? No ? PM the guy...

Have a nice weekend.
I am the monster that breathing men would kill.
I, am Dracula... (and you're not!)

Pinball machines I have owned