MPL D’OCTOBRE - LE 24 SUR LA RUE PITT

This is the place where useless stuff goes.
Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Re: MPL D’OCTOBRE - LE 24 SUR LA RUE PITT

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Correction... For the last 2 years, i have used 60$ for prizes, and give a minimum of 170$ (70% of the earnings with 24 people) minimum. If less than 24, I paid out of pocket. I have since the beginning.

Regardless. I am done with this debate.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

YellowMustard
MAACA Death Knight

Postby YellowMustard » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:27 pm

selon moi ce meet devrait pas compter MPL
si on regarde une dizaine reguliers de MPL sur 32 invités cela fausse un peu le "tournoi annuel"
j ai rien contre les gens qui viennent pas tres souvent mais ceux qui prennent cela au serieux se retrouve penalises ( je n en fais pas partie ).
Robert j ai rien contre ton concept et je trouve cela different et pas mauvais dans un sens
mais moi la bouffe et les filles ou quoi que ce soit c est pas l important!
revenons a la base jouer pinball! on couvre juste les frais de la personne qui recoit et les prix (10$) that s it!
anyways je serai pas pour une raison totalement etrangere a ce que je viens de dire...
je pense que ce type de soirees ont une raison d etre mais ne devraient pas etre un meet qui compte pour MPL
Plutot un genre d evenement special genre Joute du pirate ou klk chose comme cela...
J espere ne froisser personne puis si c est le cas y a des fers a repasser pour defroisser en special chez Walmart! :mrgreen:
Pins:ROADSHOW, STAWARS DE, HIGHSPEED, FLASH :FP: :FP: :FP:

gone but not forgotten: EFTLW, Secret Service, Gorgar, Elektra, Medusa, CENTAUR, FIREPOWER, ANDROMEDA(2), HS II The getaway, BSD(2), THE SHADOW, SPACE SHUTTLE, SM, X-MEN (shakered), GRAND PRIX (Italian reimport), Tales From The crypt, BSD(2), Nitro Ground Shaker, Harlem Globetrotters, INDY500, THE SHADOW (2), Twilightzone, RESCUE 911, Stern Playboy, BOP

Vids: mini monaco gP, MAME Xbox powered
Gone: MAME in NBA cab (sold)

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Mrhide » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:00 pm

+ 1 pour Donald svp
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:20 pm

This thread can now be locked since there will be no such meeting as detailed in the first post above, mostly for the sake of the MPL’s point system to count this month and not to miss a beat for those who really care about the points. A more conservative & regular meeting will take place on the 24th in order for the points to be tabulated. The show must go on as they say, and it wouldn’t be fair on my part to not fulfill the promised event & date. The rules are a necessary part of any organization, that is a hard fact to deny. But there are always exceptions to the rules in any organization worth growing.

Example : The MPL at Starburst Montreal which I pushed for with the help of my co-worker Michel, and worked hard to convince our corporate bosses to hold at the season’s end in their Montreal showroom with brand new machines never collects the fees for hosting and gives it all back to the league to encourage growth. So as suggested I will take it down a notch from now on and accommodate the league and its rules going forward for both these events.

See the new thread for the October meeting once this one is locked. I will post in the traditional fashion of how the October MPL will roll at the Montreal Pinball shop. This locked thread will be one for the books, (and the recycling bin) the one meeting that got away and could have been extra-ordinary and broke new ground.
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

Mrhide
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Mrhide » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:31 am

:FP: incroyable.

je suggère qu'on abolisse la ligue et qu'on revienne au meeting "pour le fun"
LF: EGRET 2 or 3 + Shoot 'em up PCB. Let me know what you have!

Sparky
MAACA Dark Lord

Postby Sparky » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:53 am

Mrhide wrote::FP: incroyable.

je suggère qu'on abolisse la ligue et qu'on revienne au meeting "pour le fun"

I wouldn't go as far as that. But I see that I have passed my usefulness in the league. Vote yourselves a new league president in a couple of weeks. With my day job, 3 kids, and all the jobs I have at home, time is thin and I just don't care about the bullshit anymore.

RAB stated to me a while back that I knew nothing about running a site and that I was holding everything back. Maybe he's right...

So as of today, the league leadership is transfered in the interim to Splitskull, and you all can vote a new league president.

Coup d'état successful. LOL I am out.
Now playing in Sparky's Power Station: Way too much shit...

R.A.B.
MAACA Death Knight
Location: Fluttering above the trees and the bushes on the Island of the Nones.

Postby R.A.B. » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 am

Damn, I hope I didn't fix all these machines for nothing. The 24th is still on in my book. Just no waitresses, no real food and 10 bucks to get in, limit of 24 guests so I have kicked off all the noobies from the list.

Can I start the official meeting thread now ?

And can we throw another retirement party for Sparky until he comes back ?

Rob
http://www.montrealpinball.com
http://www.northstarpinball.com

Maxed out at 10 machines, no more no less. Toujours a 10 machines, pas moins pas plus.
Une règle suivi gueri de tout. A rule respected can cure anything.

A philosophy of doing shall rule til the days when I can no longer "do" arrive. Because when I am too old to wipe my own ass, adjust an AX relay or relieve a woman from sighing, there will be only memories to fill my time. So, the task at hand is to build a RRSP of memories, come hell or calm tides.

redketchup
MAACA Death Knight

Postby redketchup » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:39 am

Yeah! Avec toutes vos niaiseies, je viens de me rendre compte que c'est le 24! Je pensais que c'etait le 31... :FP:

I'm in! +1
Bally Centaur, Fathom, Stern Big Game, Filght 2000, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Iron maiden, Stargazer, Viper, Nineball, Metallica Pro, Wurlitzer 700, 750e, Rockola 1428, seeburg HF 100R
To see it: http://www.pinballowners.com/redketchup

Splitskull
Admins

Postby Splitskull » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:34 am

@Sparky. Jesus.. again with the retirement... ok. You can retire until Nov meeting. :)

@MrH. maybe next year.

@Rob IMO don't need to eliminate your invitees. It's your place, you can invite whoever you wish. It's is not the first or last time MPL nights will have non regulars in them. The more people play pinball the better.

I'll close this thread, so Rob can make a new one.

Return to “Recycle bin”